Taylor Grant

IMO no. He is too slow and isn't much of a blocker either. Take his last name away and no one outside of Duluth, Mankato or Winona ST would care about him.

I can't see Brew bothering with a scholly.
Might be a decent walk-on.
Looks like Iowa's starting tightend for the next 4-years.

It's Required.

If your last name is Grant, Nanne, Woog, or Lucia; a schollie offer is guaranteed.

Really?

I seem to recall a Woog not offered and playing hockey for Northern Michigan. Remind me what years Mike Grant played at Minnesota? The weird thing is I remember Bruce Grant playing Quarterback at U.M.D. while I was in high school...I must have been drunk...
Seriously, if he is worthy of one, they will offer, and if he's not, they won't.

Of course you offer. why even risk alienating one of, if not the most, important high school coaches in the state. Besides, he has decent size, and knows how to win and will most likely keep his nose clean and get good grades.

A no-brainer.

Agree...you offer! This same discussion could have, maybe did take place about MBIII! Son with lineage and good football/athletic pedigree that most were writing off as not good enough...

I'd take the chance...

Screw that. We already offered and accepted one Grant who was a marginal D1 talent at best (hope he turns in to a productive player but I seriously doubt it), why take another one? That was Brew's first full year of recruiting and with a max number of ships available. No need for legacy scholarships to players that wouldn't get them otherwise

I heard that Taylor Grant is more skilled than his older brother.

I would only offer if i thought he could play. I don't think it would ruin things with his dad anyways. We all know E.P. is a powerhouse basically every year, but can we name any players that did anything of note in college? I'm sure there has been some I can't think of, but right now I can't think of any. And yes I know Mobley may end up doing some good things still. But the lack of production is kind of suprising especially when you compare them to CDH or even a Holy Angels.

Top Bottom