ESPN: "Minnesota is the nation's worst major-conference team"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
"5. Minnesota is the nation's worst major-conference team: It might sound harsh, but there's not another major-conference squad struggling as much as the Gophers, who have lost their past two games by a combined score of 103-17. After Minnesota's encouraging season opener at USC, almost everything has gone downhill. We thought Minnesota had hit rock bottom in Ann Arbor after its 58-0 loss to Michigan. But the worst came in the first half against a mediocre Purdue team, as the Gophers fell behind 31-0 and committed three turnovers. Coach Jerry Kill is dealing with a lot of young players and veterans not used to winning, but his squad needs to compete better in games. The schedule doesn't get any easier, and it'll be a long year in Minneapolis."

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/35107/what-we-learned-in-the-big-ten-week-6-3

Go Gophers!!

.....and ESPN is the worst sports reporting organization.

Sadly, you can't really dispute that claim.

I never thought it would come to this.

ahhh....gotta love self loathing. why don't some of you ladies go and slit your wrists already. enough with the self-pity and the jerking-off of becky badger fan egos. this thread is garbage.

have a wonderful sunday! ;-)

ahhh....gotta love self loathing. why don't some of you ladies go and slit your wrists already. enough with the self-pity and the jerking-off of becky badger fan egos. this post is garbage.

Fixed your post for you.

ahhh....gotta love self loathing. why don't some of you ladies go and slit your wrists already. enough with the self-pity and the jerking-off of becky badger fan egos. this thread is garbage.

No doubt. Win, lose or draw the badgers and the hawkeyes can kiss my fuzzy.........

We suck at a historic level. May be worse than than Coach Tremendous' 1st year. At least we had the hope that Weber was going to be a star based on his pretty good play as a frosh. Now we are hanging our hat on the punter. Maturi must go!

I guess one can say the obvious: no where to go but up.

Best to just let this thread die.

On a more positive note, the second Economist with ties to the University of Minnesota has won a Nobel Prize in Economics, Thomas Sargent.

Correction, Christopher Sims was on the staff also, so both Economics Nobel Prize winners were from the University of Minnesota when the major part of their research was done.

On a more positive note, the second Economist with ties to the University of Minnesota has won a Nobel Prize in Economics, Thomas Sargent.

+1. That was awesome to see in the Trib this morning!

If you are a true senior on this team you were 14-19 when Brewster was fired.
They are now 17-27.

I think they're being kind saying Purdue is mediocre. The Gophers got embarrassed by a very bad Purdue team.

This is my problem with Kill. Even "talk big game" Brewster never took us this deep. Othen than the random 55-0 Iowa loss he never got beat this bad conistently. I am not ask for Brew back in anyway I just don't understand how we can be so bad with Kill who brings the reputation of winning at multiple levels. To me that says he knows his Xs and Os along with fundamentals. Insted I see none of that and the worst Gopher team I have ever seen, I'd rather watch Wacker football. At least they could score occasionally and gave the fans a little hope each game. We don't stand a chance with this offense, can't score, can't pick up 3rd downs, defense has a short field to work with consistenly because we always go 3 and out from the 20.

This is my problem with Kill. Even "talk big game" Brewster never took us this deep. Othen than the random 55-0 Iowa loss he never got beat this bad conistently. I am not ask for Brew back in anyway I just don't understand how we can be so bad with Kill who brings the reputation of winning at multiple levels. To me that says he knows his Xs and Os along with fundamentals. Insted I see none of that and the worst Gopher team I have ever seen, I'd rather watch Wacker football. At least they could score occasionally and gave the fans a little hope each game. We don't stand a chance with this offense, can't score, can't pick up 3rd downs, defense has a short field to work with consistenly because we always go 3 and out from the 20.
+1, great point. It's not the fact that were losing it's the manner and magnitude of the losing. Everyone is behind Kill and the staff and no one could have predicted the current state of this season.

One thing I don't get is why so many people get upset by ESPN or some other outlet pointing out how terrible the Gophers are this year, yet nobody seems to care when our own posters say things like Minnesota will NEVER be any good that its somehow so much harder to win here than at Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern, Purdue, etc. To me that's a much more damaging statement than anything I have ever seen published by ESPN or any other perceived enemy.

One thing I don't get is why so many people get upset by ESPN or some other outlet pointing out how terrible the Gophers are this year, yet nobody seems to care when our own posters say things like Minnesota will NEVER be any good that its somehow so much harder to win here than at Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern, Purdue, etc. To me that's a much more damaging statement than anything I have ever seen published by ESPN or any other perceived enemy.

The general consensus here seems to be that ESPN is pretty much spot on with this one. This is a very, very bad football team.

+1. That was awesome to see in the Trib this morning!

"(college football) man we're just talking about (college football) man. Not a race, not a race, (college football). C'mon man, we're just talking about (college football)."

gopher football never entered into my decision to attend UMinn

if only i could look away now

that said, i'm calling the bottom at first quarter vs purdue. all up from here

Top Bottom