Marcus Jones!!

the dropped td was hard to stomach, but he did redeem himself in the 2nd half

Yup. I have no problem with his penalty either. I wouldn't put up with that crap.

Yup. I have no problem with his penalty either. I wouldn't put up with that crap.

This. I said a week or so again I could care less about a personal foul committed to stand up for yourself. Especially when the game is out of reach. I like seeing the spunk

He has looked exceptional as a kick returner & below average as a WR. He did have a nice over-the-shoulder catch today. He's also still in his first year at the position so perhaps he can learn to catch the ball.

Jones will be a game-changer, perhaps program-changer. You have to love the heart and will to compete with this guy. Kill needs a few more of these type of players.

The most encouraging thing to me about Marcus is that he was a player Kill found who was obviously overlooked by the BCS world in general - let's hope (and I believe) this is an indication of Kill and staff's recruiting acumen. He certainly has the speed we need, as pointed out repeatedly by the color man on the tv b'cast (name escapes me, but he coached at Oregon)

Thanks. at least we didn't have to listen to Mason again.

Yep, he is a pretty exciting player. He kind of reminds me a little Stoudermire when he was young. He is a dynamic player with the ball in hands and not a great receiver yet. I'm excited to see how Kill can utilize him in the future.

It does give me hope for our staff's ability to evaluate talent. One of the first things Kill did when he arrived at MN is lock up a 5'8" 2 star kid from NC without any BCS offers (he was the first kid to come from Northern Illinois, I believe). I have no doubt that a few of our late signings can play and will be decent (Amaefula, Jones, Moulton, Cobb and even Wells). Those are all guys Kill was able to snag from the leftovers of the recruiting world. It's a good sign for his ability to evaluate players.

Yep, he is a pretty exciting player. He kind of reminds me a little Stoudermire when he was young. He is a dynamic player with the ball in hands and not a great receiver yet. I'm excited to see how Kill can utilize him in the future.

It does give me hope for our staff's ability to evaluate talent. One of the first things Kill did when he arrived at MN is lock up a 5'8" 2 star kid from NC without any BCS offers (he was the first kid to come from Northern Illinois, I believe). I have no doubt that a few of our late signings can play and will be decent (Amaefula, Jones, Moulton, Cobb and even Wells). Those are all guys Kill was able to snag from the leftovers of the recruiting world. It's a good sign for his ability to evaluate players.

You are correct he was a NI kid.

Jones and young receivers

Yea I like Jones and Moulton in the slots and Engel and Tufts on the outside. Gives us some good speed and mis matches. Nice young group for two more years.

Wait, what??? I thought he was a two-star recruit on Rivals recruited by Kill at Northern Illinois. This can't be right? He can't have sucess in a conference like the B10??

My favorite was when he taunted the opposing fans depsite being down by 35 points. Are we sure he wasn't a Brewster recruit?

I can see him being used like Percy Harvin was at Florida and is with the Vikings right now. Not saying he will be as good as him, just a slot guy who we can put in motion and hand the ball off to once in awhile. He has a lot of learning to do at WR as he hasn't played a lot there but I like his potential.

Top Bottom