12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Rashad come out with a statement on when he plans to make a decision? Was he one who said he wanted to wait and see how Pitino's team played in early season next year?

Also how about Reid Travis?

Image how this site would explode if Vaughn did the unthinkable and committed to the U. The buzz he would bring to the Gophers would be program changing. Wonder if any of these kids think about that? The Vaughn side on Doggies tweet. His handlers? Give me a break, He will take his talents to Kentucky.You can't really expect Vaughn or his side to say since Pinson is going to Caroline. We are concerned about his minutes even if that was the case.

i think it more means that Rashad and his family (him/them) are going to pick the school that he is most comfortable with regardless of what other players have committed there.

Doogies question was in around how the pinson decision affected the Gophers.... The Gophers are the "them".

Doogies question was in around how the pinson decision affected the Gophers.... The Gophers are the "them".

Checking. Initial appearance from the Vaughn side is that the Pinson decision doesn't really impact him/them.

It could just as well be him & his family.

Checking. Initial appearance from the Vaughn side is that the Pinson decision doesn't really impact him/them.

It could just as well be him & his family.

Look at the question he is responding to.

David Burville @Dburville
@DarrenWolfson you have to think that theo pinston going to the Tar Heels has to help the gophers a way better possibility of getting Vaughn
Initial appearance from the Vaughn side is that the Pinson decision doesn't really impact him/them.
Said Differently

Q - Doogie, you have to think that Pinson going to the tar heels has improved the gophers possibilities......

A - Initial appearance from the Vaughn side is that the Pinson decision doesn't really impact the gophers.

Said Differently

Q - Doogie, you have to think that Pinson going to the tar heels has improved the gophers possibilities......

A - Initial appearance from the Vaughn side is that the Pinson decision doesn't really impact the gophers.

It's semantics at this point, but I definitely took it to mean "the Vaughn side" (as in Vaughn and his family) don't view it as a notable event for (Vaughn)/(his family). Not sure why it's significant one way or the other.

It's semantics at this point, but I definitely took it to mean "the Vaughn side" (as in Vaughn and his family) don't view it as a notable event for (Vaughn)/(his family). Not sure why it's significant one way or the other.

Yeah, it's semantics, but it's pretty obvious this is the correct way of reading what Doogie said.

The mere fact that Doogie wrote him/them, implies it is referring to the same thing (Vaughn solo or Vaughn and his family/people helping him make a decision). If it was the Gophers he was referring to as "them", he would have written "him or them".

Furthermore, how would this have any impact on the U's stance? We want Vaughn really bad, regardless of what happens with Pinson. Wouldn't it be bizarre if we now wanted him really really super bad now? Our stance has always been the same, we want Vaughn, we have a scholarship for him if he wants us back.

Said Differently

i think what you're trying to say is the same as what i am, but when you word it like this, it makes it sound like you think the gophers would've potentially pulled the offer or something if pinson would've done something different. i don't think the gophs give 2 craps about what pinson does. now if you mean it that it doesn't really impact the gophers in rashads eyes then we're on the exact same page

From The Daily Gopher-
Typically the conversation of the Big Three begins with Tyus Jones who is arguably the #1 recruit in the country and has been in that conversation for two years. But I'd like to start this conversation with Rashad Vaughn. Any other year this is the guy we'd be falling all over ourselves to talk about. According to Rivals he is the #1 shooting guard in the country and 6th overall. He is 6'5", 200 lbs and is a scoring guard who will be a rock star wherever he chooses to go to school. Jones is ranked slightly higher but Vaughn isn't some sort of "decent consolation prize", landing him would still be the biggest recruit to sign with the Gophers in decades (maybe ever). It sort of amazes me how much ink Jones has received compared to Vaughn though this started to even out over the past season.

Completely agree.

I'm a bit surprised there haven't been more Veronica Vaughn references in this thread. :p

@travishines21: Rashad Vaughn said Theo Pinson's commitment to UNC doesn't impact him. UNC still under consideration, as is a possible move to prep school.

Go Gophers!!

Sorry if this is hard to follow, but a little exchange between Jerry Meyer and some random people. Remember when Rashad was a "lock" to UNC? I bolded what Jerry Meyer had to say.

@mazsmith2: @jerrymeyer247 do you think Pinson commitment affects UNC landing Rashad Vaughn ?
@jerrymeyer247: @mazsmith2 I'm thinking UNC pushed Theo Pinson for a commitment cause they aren't feeling good about Rashad Vaughn.
@frankwilheel: @jerrymeyer247 @mazsmith2 Nah. UNC always needed 3 wings in this class. If its not Vaugh its booker, russell, hill, or lacey
@jerrymeyer247: @frankwilheel @mazsmith2 don't disagree but think things have cooled w Rashad Vaughn & UNC and part of why push for a Theo Pinson commitment

Sorry if this is hard to follow, but a little exchange between Jerry Meyer and some random people. Remember when Rashad was a "lock" to UNC? I bolded what Jerry Meyer had to say.

@mazsmith2: @jerrymeyer247 do you think Pinson commitment affects UNC landing Rashad Vaughn ?
@jerrymeyer247: @mazsmith2 I'm thinking UNC pushed Theo Pinson for a commitment cause they aren't feeling good about Rashad Vaughn.
@frankwilheel: @jerrymeyer247 @mazsmith2 Nah. UNC always needed 3 wings in this class. If its not Vaugh its booker, russell, hill, or lacey
@jerrymeyer247: @frankwilheel @mazsmith2 don't disagree but think things have cooled w Rashad Vaughn & UNC and part of why push for a Theo Pinson commitment

Great news if this guy is right.

Good to hear, I wouldn't of thought they would push for him to commit because most believed he was leaning Indiana. Regardless if they pushed him or not into it, this does have to impact Vaughn. There is only so much playing time out there for wings in a game and North Carolina already has 2 top 20 players committed for that position. Vaughn says it doesn't eliminate them, but defiantly has to have hurt UNC's chances of landing vaughn. If I had to say, I would say the most realistic possibilities for him are Minnesota, Baylor, Iowa State, Maryland, and Kansas. I don't put UK on that list right now because they seem to be targeting Devin Booker a lot harder than Vaughn. Most of the UK fans also seem to believe that is the case. But UK can always get back in the mix if they don't get their guy, they have done it before.

PiPress: Rashad Vaughn weighs decision on prep school vs. Cooper for senior year

"That's why it's taking so long, because family is a big thing to me," Vaughn said Friday after playing in a Nike Elite Youth Basketball League game in Eagan. "So I don't know if I want to leave my family. But at the same time, it would be great for basketball. It would help me get better and more prepared for the next level."

Pitino and his staff were not at Vaughn's game Friday because it's a recruiting dead period for college coaches. But Vaughn has been impressed with Minnesota's presence at his AAU games.

"Every time I looked over, I saw coach Pitino over there," Vaughn said. "So they were pretty much at every game. It means a lot. It
makes me know that he wants me a lot."

"I like how Pitino runs his team," Vaughn said. "He said he runs the Louisville offense and Florida defense. That's pretty much my style. That's why I like him a lot."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23321344/rashad-vaughn-weighs-decision-prep-school-vs-cooper

Go Gophers!!

PiPress: Rashad Vaughn weighs decision on prep school vs. Cooper for senior year

"That's why it's taking so long, because family is a big thing to me," Vaughn said Friday after playing in a Nike Elite Youth Basketball League game in Eagan. "So I don't know if I want to leave my family. But at the same time, it would be great for basketball. It would help me get better and more prepared for the next level."

Pitino and his staff were not at Vaughn's game Friday because it's a recruiting dead period for college coaches. But Vaughn has been impressed with Minnesota's presence at his AAU games.

"Every time I looked over, I saw coach Pitino over there," Vaughn said. "So they were pretty much at every game. It means a lot. It
makes me know that he wants me a lot."

"I like how Pitino runs his team," Vaughn said. "He said he runs the Louisville offense and Florida defense. That's pretty much my style. That's why I like him a lot."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23321344/rashad-vaughn-weighs-decision-prep-school-vs-cooper
image.jpg

That's supposed to be a gif.... iPads suck at uploading gifs.... Or I do....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 11

Well it is still difficult to say, but the Gophers certainly seem to be in the mix right now. Vaughn mentioned that he doesn't want to leave his family, UNC has a commit from Pinson, and he has mentioned that he likes Pitino and his style of play.

Honestly.......I think Pitino picks up Vaughn if he can successfully implement his system and make the NCAA tournament this year.

Well it is still difficult to say, but the Gophers certainly seem to be in the mix right now. Vaughn mentioned that he doesn't want to leave his family, UNC has a commit from Pinson, and he has mentioned that he likes Pitino and his style of play.

Honestly.......I think Pitino picks up Vaughn if he can successfully implement his system and make the NCAA tournament this year.

Make the NCAA Tourney this year...so what your saying is....long shot to get Vaughn? No Mbakwe.

He'll probably commit before the season starts. The longer he waits to commit, though, the better chance we have IMO.

It would be huge if Pitino could land Vaughn. My feeling is that the Pinson commitment does have some impact on Vaughn. IF UNC wants to bring in 3 wings (and likely all 3 will be top 50 type guys or better), then Vaughn will have to compete for playing time and shots. Contrast that to the situation at Minnesota where he is the unquestioned no.1 option at the wing position from the day he sets foot on campus. If his goal is to be in the league in a year or two, being a focal point of an offense from day one has to be high on his list of priorities.

It would be huge if Pitino could land Vaughn. My feeling is that the Pinson commitment does have some impact on Vaughn. IF UNC wants to bring in 3 wings (and likely all 3 will be top 50 type guys or better), then Vaughn will have to compete for playing time and shots. Contrast that to the situation at Minnesota where he is the unquestioned no.1 option at the wing position from the day he sets foot on campus. If his goal is to be in the league in a year or two, being a focal point of an offense from day one has to be high on his list of priorities.

On the reverse side of that, at MN he would also be the #1 priority of the opposing defense. Just saying.

On the reverse side of that, at MN he would also be the #1 priority of the opposing defense. Just saying.

I think he'd welcome that challenge and spotlight. But also let's not forget we'll likely have Dre as a senior as well. Can't let him loose, otherwise he'll definitely make you pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom