12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mistake - I forgot that you're best friends with Tyus and Vaughn. You know everything about them and recruiting in general. LOL!!
No, I just see things as they are, not how I would like them to be.

This is already a mind-numbing argument, but I'm willing to argue that you're seeing things as you would like them to be, not necessarily as they are. It's my estimation that you're hoping Tubby doesn't get either so the Great Tubby-Hating Crusade can live on. It's a two-way street.

In reality, we are all speculating on what we think a high school sophomore might do two years from now. None of us can say with certainty that we're seeing things as they are. Unless some of us are close friends or relatives to recruits (personally, I'm neither).

I'm curious why you're so sure they won't become Gophers? Tubby's never lost a top Minnesota kid. Barring major injuries/transfer the team is going to be better over the next couple years. Do you know the players personally? Trying to understand if this is just negativity or if you have inside info?

I believe it is 50% negativity and 50% trollability

I asked if anyone wanted to bet. Nobody responded. If it is just negativity and trolling, why would I put money up? I am 95% sure on Tyus and 75& sure on Vaughn. Tubby doesn't have the luster he once had locally. Players talk.

I'm curious why you're so sure they won't become Gophers? Tubby's never lost a top Minnesota kid. Barring major injuries/transfer the team is going to be better over the next couple years. Do you know the players personally? Trying to understand if this is just negativity or if you have inside info?

What makes you think the team will be better? Just curious. Losing RS and TM and adding Ellenson and Buggs? We are near the bottom. These changes and player development is going to give us a winning record and a contender in the Big Ten? Doubtful at best.

I asked if anyone wanted to bet. Nobody responded. If it is just negativity and trolling, why would I put money up? I am 95% sure on Tyus and 75& sure on Vaughn. Tubby doesn't have the luster he once had locally. Players talk.

In the other thread you posted "we" should do the same as Illinois. Are you connected to the University of Minnesota in some way? Are you a Minnesota Golden Gopher fan? Just asking.

What makes you think the team will be better? Just curious. Losing RS and TM and adding Ellenson and Buggs? We are near the bottom. These changes and player development is going to give us a winning record and a contender in the Big Ten? Doubtful at best.
So a player that barely played this year and one almost the entire board, including you, has called terrible, leaves the team and we get 2 players that are apparently good at something our team is not good at, all that means team gets worse?
And where did anyone say we will become a contender next year? Better =/= contender

In the other thread you posted "we" should do the same as Illinois. Are you connected to the University of Minnesota in some way? Are you a Minnesota Golden Gopher fan? Just asking.

Most likely minngg is just a kid. All of his posts are anti-Tubby. I have him on my ignore list so I seldom see his drivel. His goal is to make the world a better place to live by badmouthing Tubby.

minngg;501320[B said:
]I asked if anyone wanted to bet. Nobody responded.[/B] If it is just negativity and trolling, why would I put money up? I am 95% sure on Tyus and 75& sure on Vaughn. Tubby doesn't have the luster he once had locally. Players talk.

Hahaha Do you expect posters on a message board to take you up on a bet? Based on your posts I'm guessing you are a 19 year old Troll from a rival school. Get a life.

Going by the last few seasons, that's a big if. If we had been able to get through the previous few seasons without major injuries or transfers, we would be competing for a Big Ten title.

Going by the last few seasons, that's a big if. If we had been able to get through the previous few seasons without major injuries or transfers, we would be competing for a Big Ten title.

I agree with you, I can't handle another injury. I believe Tubby finally has the depth he needs. The B1G always seems to get better, but I like our chances going forward. I really like our young players and both new recruits.

Why are people responding to a kid who puts percentages on a player going to a certain school? Think about how stupid of a concept that is.

Per a Ryan James twitter, Kansas has now offered Rashad.

I'm just a kid, lol. My son is at the MN School of Pharmacy Pharm D program, but I am a kid. Why? Because I rip Tubby. I am not a blind homer for Tubby Smith who came here to save face before KY whacked him. Go ahead and rip me all you want. Neither Tyus Jones or Rashad Vaughn is going to commit to Tubby Smith with the offense he runs. I know, I know I am just a dumb kid, no I am a Badger fan, no, I am a KY fan following Tubby.....whatever. Rip the messenger when you can't rip the message.

I'm just a kid, lol. My son is at the MN School of Pharmacy Pharm D program, but I am a kid. Why? Because I rip Tubby. I am not a blind homer for Tubby Smith who came here to save face before KY whacked him. Go ahead and rip me all you want. Neither Tyus Jones or Rashad Vaughn is going to commit to Tubby Smith with the offense he runs. I know, I know I am just a dumb kid, no I am a Badger fan, no, I am a KY fan following Tubby.....whatever. Rip the messenger when you can't rip the message.

A lot of people just don't view your message as worth ripping. I don't mean to take a personal shot at you, but you just come off as condescending...as if you're inside the minds of Tyus and Rashad and know exactly how they feel. Up to this point, in his time at Minnesota, Tubby's gotten a lot of the local talent that he's been after. We know your opinion, but as of now, that opinion isn't worth any more than anyone else's on here. Are we really going to go back and forth for the next two years while we wait for these two to make their decisions?

Gopher Hole: I know that you are wearing a Baylor shirt. What do you like about them?

Rashad Vaughn: They play my style of play.

What do you know? Another elite prospect saying they like someone else's style of play. About the only good thing that ever comes out of these about the U is that it's close.

If signing day was today I would agree with you, neither would be a Gopher, things change though. Who knows what will happen down the line, as long as the Gophers are in the mix there is always that possibility. These are kids that are being recruited by top programs, that will make it tougher.

Gopher Hole: I know that you are wearing a Baylor shirt. What do you like about them?

Rashad Vaughn: They play my style of play.

Scott Drew is a great recruiter and a borderline lousy coach. Baylor has as much talent as anyone in the country and but they show zero toughness. Rashad, you would get bored playing that lame a$$ zone.

sal said:
Scott Drew is a great recruiter and a borderline lousy coach. Baylor has as much talent as anyone in the country and but they show zero toughness. Rashad, you would get bored playing that lame a$$ zone.

Him and Barnes are perfect for each other. Texas is a lucky state.

Baylor goes down at home today vs KState. Not very impressed with their style today. Yuck.

Started following Vaughn on twitter today. I got him to re-tweet my first tweet about him...

Officially on the 'get @ShowtimeMr to the U' bandwagon. This kid could have his jersey in the rafters when it's all said and done. #SKIuMAH

MadtownGopher said:
Started following Vaughn on twitter today. I got him to re-tweet my first tweet about him...

Rashad and Tyus both seem like not only great players, but great kids as well.

Based on what Andre has been doing lately, I think these two would really thrive here. A senior Hollins starting next to a freshman jones and a freshman Vaughn is a scary scary scary back court. Throw in Ellenson (who knows how he will progress) and whoever else and could be a great great group.

Don't forget about Coleman. If he can develop a shot by his senior year, he'll be quite the force as well.

MadtownGopher said:
Don't forget about Coleman. If he can develop a shot by his senior year, he'll be quite the force as well.

You're right. No idea how I missed him too.

Vaughn visited Iowa State today and was in attendance for their win over Baylor.

Go Gophers!!

"@ISURecruitLists: 2014 F Rashad Vaughn had 24 points & 9 rebounds to lead Cooper (MN) to an upset win over Park Center (MN) 79-69"

Go Gophers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom