12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.

The one the hurts and I think we could have had was JP Maruca... we went hard after the big 3 and kinda forgot about marcua who is going to be a very good player for Xavier. We will be just fine I like next years guys and 15 should be a good year.

The one the hurts and I think we could have had was JP Maruca... we went hard after the big 3 and kinda forgot about marcua who is going to be a very good player for Xavier. We will be just fine I like next years guys and 15 should be a good year.

I think Macura is similar to Travis in that the private school allure was difficult to resist for him and his parents.

Back to Vaughn. There may be funny business going on with his recruitment, but I'll always appreciate that he flat out came out and eliminated us when he decided he didn't want to come here rather than stringing people along like you know who.

I think Macura is similar to Travis in that the private school allure was difficult to resist for him and his parents.

Back to Vaughn. There may be funny business going on with his recruitment, but I'll always appreciate that he flat out came out and eliminated us when he decided he didn't want to come here rather than stringing people along like you know who.

Perhaps, if there is a silver lining in this, Pitino indicated to the Vaughn "circle" that he wasn't going to be involved in any of that funny business. I'd have loved to have Vaughn but I think we will be fine. Pitino will get a big time class next fall.

Perhaps, if there is a silver lining in this, Pitino indicated to the Vaughn "circle" that he wasn't going to be involved in any of that funny business. I'd have loved to have Vaughn but I think we will be fine. Pitino will get a big time class next fall.

Couldn't agree more, bga!

Vaughn clearly has a huge ego and he's going to go to a school and program that feed that ego. Add to that the presence of his precious "mentor" and I would expect that it'll between the "bluebloods" on his list. If it's not one of those, it'll be a case of truly going to the highest bidder.

With that said, can we please shut this down? The kid is obviously gone (and has been for months).

Vaughn clearly has a huge ego and he's going to go to a school and program that feed that ego. Add to that the presence of his precious "mentor" and I would expect that it'll between the "bluebloods" on his list. If it's not one of those, it'll be a case of truly going to the highest bidder. With that said, can we please shut this down? The kid is obviously gone (and has been for months).

Honestly, why do people say this? He's been quiet about his recruitment, the opposite of Tyus. People just love to hate this kid.

I saw Vaughn at the Cooper game last night. He was wearing a White Sox hat and sat with his entourage on the visitor side. I talked with one of the Cooper PE teachers who knows Vaughn very well, so much so that he calls her mom. She had a lot of good things to say about Vaughn, but thinks that he has some bad influences around him, Kaffey being one of them. Since Vaughn left Cooper the teacher has not had a lot of contact, just a few texts. Not that anyone cares, but if I can get any updates on his recruitment, I'll let the board know.

I saw Vaughn at the Cooper game last night. He was wearing a White Sox hat and sat with his entourage on the visitor side. I talked with one of the Cooper PE teachers who knows Vaughn very well, so much so that he calls her mom. She had a lot of good things to say about Vaughn, but thinks that he has some bad influences around him, Kaffey being one of them. Since Vaughn left Cooper the teacher has not had a lot of contact, just a few texts. Not that anyone cares, but if I can get any updates on his recruitment, I'll let the board know.

Please do. Thanks, Willie.

Honestly, why do people say this? He's been quiet about his recruitment, the opposite of Tyus. People just love to hate this kid.

The kid has openly labeled himself "showtime." On top of that, he's willingly jumped right into the "mentor" side of college recruiting (which everyone knows is dirty as all get out), and already has a "posse" of folks that hang around him at all times. All the signs point to a kid with a profound sense of self-importance. If you want to believe the opposite, feel free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom