Gopher Show on KFAN

SquidWeber

Reaction score
your chance to call in and talk Gopher Football (651) 989-5326.

Let's support this show!

The awesomest part is how Gaard noted that he was wearing an Iowa jacket...while doing a show previewing the Gophers game and drawing a paycheck for reporting during Gophers broadcasts.

Once again, embarrassing for all sides. Embarrassing for Learfield that they offered it to Gaard, embarrassing for Minnesota that they approved said offer, and embarrassing for Gaard that he sought and accepted said offer.

The awesomest part is how Gaard noted that he was wearing an Iowa jacket...while doing a show previewing the Gophers game and drawing a paycheck for reporting during Gophers broadcasts.

Once again, embarrassing for all sides. Embarrassing for Learfield that they offered it to Gaard, embarrassing for Minnesota that they approved said offer, and embarrassing for Gaard that he sought and accepted said offer.

If I were a Gopher Coach i'd tell him to take it off or he gets no interview.

I can't imagine that someone covering sports in Iowa city would be be able to wear a Gophers jacket.

If I were a Gopher Coach i'd tell him to take it off or he gets no interview.
And look like a man child on every sports broadcast across the country when it becomes a funny video about that cranky 'ol coach in Minny.

What else would you expect from a k-(stinking)-fan production...

Thanks badger joel macturi for putting up with k-(stinking)-fan's insult to the University of Minnesota.

Ditch k-(stinking)-fan AND badger joel macturi, try to grow a set and DE-hawg'sazz jacket that gaard jerk NOW. Get him off the air until that hawg'sazz jacket is history.

k-(stinking)-fan and gaard have GOT to go!

Ditch macturi now too.

; 0 )

Its one thing to wear one while on the air but to tell the world about it!!! Totally unacceptable.

Does Maturi have to balls to touch this?? I doubt it. He would probably defer it to the Marketing Department.

Super. Another 9 page meltdown over something stupid.

:cry:

Get over it. I own a UCLA hat, a Tulane jersey, but am a gopher fan.

He went to Iowa, so I'm sure he owns Iowa things. He also went to Minnesota, he just likes to make a mockery of the fact that he went to Iowa. Its a joke they make very often. But you all still don't get it

He went to Iowa, so I'm sure he owns Iowa things. He also went to Minnesota, he just likes to make a mockery of the fact that he went to Iowa. Its a joke they make very often. But you all still don't get it

JP Losman?

No...k-(stinking)-fan needs to be called out and also called every name in the book. You k-(stinking)-fan apologists can stick your hawgsazz buddy's jacket where the sun won't shine.

I think it is time to take a stand on this k-(stinking)-fan issue NOW!

That sad, sick gaard jerk is trying to be cute about his crappy hawg'sazz jacket trick... Wearing a hawg'sazz jacket is really a low rent thing for him to do while working on a Gopher GIG

; 0 )

If you've actually paid attention, Gaard has done a great job covering the Gophers for KFAN. Put down the torches and pitchforks you idiots.

If you've actually paid attention, Gaard has done a great job covering the Gophers for KFAN. Put down the torches and pitchforks you idiots.

Exactly. Anyone who's paid attention at all has to realize that Gaard has done phenomenal work. Easily the best coverage the Gophers had on the radio in a long, long time.

But, the pettiness of some Gopher fans is remarkable.

Once again, instead of talking about having 40+ minutes of Gopher talk with Darrell Thompson, we are talking about JGs jacket (if he was actually wearing one, no one has shown a screen capture from the webcam yet).

I can't imagine that someone covering sports in Iowa city would be be able to wear a Gophers jacket.

Seriously? You think a guy wearing a Gopher jacket in the radio station's studio wouldn't be allowed on the air in Iowa City? What, would Kirk Ferentz personally come over and make him take it off?

My guess is that Ferentz probably puts his worry toward game-planning the next week's opponent and doesn't concern himself with what radio hosts are wearing. My guess is also that Kill is in the same boat.

After seeing the original post for this thread, I actually tuned in. I didn't have a problem with Gaard, nor the fact there were so many NDSU people calling in.

My issue was with, is it "Meatball"(?), stating that Wisconsin fans get excited about playing Michigan and Michigan State, but Gopher fans are getting all excited about playing NDSU - I about threw up. Gaard at least immediately corrected him - ah, no, it's the NDSU fans that are excited about the game.

Jerald Honeycutt?

Seriously? You think a guy wearing a Gopher jacket in the radio station's studio wouldn't be allowed on the air in Iowa City?

Absolutely. He'd never get the job. The same is true pretty much anywhere you go.

Absolutely. He'd never get the job. The same is true pretty much anywhere you go.

Ok. Although, there are a lot guys working all over the country that cover teams even though they graduated from rival schools. All over. Wisconsin's guy attended Ohio State. Ohio State's guy attended Xavier. Iowa's guy attended Minnesota-based Brown Institute. Iowa State's legendary guy (who passed away) attended Iowa. Michigan State's announcer is a Michigan grad. Nebraska's guy is a Kansas State grad.

Gaard has been great so far. Have you listened? There is nothing to complain about.

Ok. Although, there are a lot guys working all over the country that cover teams even though they graduated from rival schools. All over. Wisconsin's guy attended Ohio State. Ohio State's guy attended Xavier. Iowa's guy attended Minnesota-based Brown Institute. Iowa State's legendary guy (who passed away) attended Iowa. Michigan State's announcer is a Michigan grad. Nebraska's guy is a Kansas State grad.

Gaard has been great so far. Have you listened? There is nothing to complain about.

So far I think KFAN and Gaard have done a great job. I did not hear or the comments that were mentioned earlier in the thread.

Think of it this way though- wouldn't it be weird to see Mark Rosen wearing a Green Bay Packers jersey while covering a Vikings game?

I know it's just sports but reporters are supposed to be unbiased. Isn't that what Gaard's job is mainly - reporting on the Gophers? It's hard to take him seriously when you know deep down he's rooting against the Gophers.

Listen to k-(stinking)-fan? I go to the games and don't need to be insulted by any..

dude or dudette, in a sleezy iowa coat doing a show on a "so-called" GOPHER FOOTBALL NETWORK. It is time to dis k-(stinking)-fan and to call those creeps out.

That is LOW-RENT on the part of k-(stinking)-fan and shows ultimate disrespect. It is time to take the kidd gloves off when dealing with k-(stinking)-fan. The have barrerio (sp? Who cares?), and now they have the iowa hawg'sazz jacket ultimate insult dude or dudette, which ever gaard may be.

Who the heck needs a pre-game show or a post-game show when you go to the game? It's probably time to boycott the sponsors of anything that gaard creep has anything to do with on that production.

You k-(stinking)-fan apologists are all alike.

Throw that gaard under the bus...ditch the iowa hawg'sazz jacket dude or dudette, which ever the case may be NOW!

; 0 )

dude or dudette, in a sleezy iowa coat doing a show on a "so-called" GOPHER FOOTBALL NETWORK. It is time to dis k-(stinking)-fan and to call those creeps out.

That is LOW-RENT on the part of k-(stinking)-fan and shows ultimate disrespect. It is time to take the kidd gloves off when dealing with k-(stinking)-fan. The have barrerio (sp? Who cares?), and now they have the iowa hawg'sazz jacket ultimate insult dude or dudette, which ever gaard may be.

Who the heck needs a pre-game show or a post-game show when you go to the game? It's probably time to boycott the sponsors of anything that gaard creep has anything to do with on that production.

You k-(stinking)-fan apologists are all alike.

Throw that gaard under the bus...ditch the iowa hawg'sazz jacket dude or dudette, which ever the case may be NOW!

; 0 )

You posted the exact same thing two hours ago. This board is for people with original thoughts not just people interesting in increasing their post total. Shame!

I know it's just sports but reporters are supposed to be unbiased.

I saw Gaard on the sideline on TV during the USC game. He was clearly wearing a Gopher shirt. Do you have a problem with that? Isn't he supposed to be unbiased? And, I don't know the guy, but I'm guessing he wants the Gophers to win.

Again, the real question is - how is the info/insight he provides? It has been great, whether he's wearing an Iowa jacket or a Gopher shirt. Doesn't really matter.

And, just for the record, here Gaard is - believe it or not - wearing a Gopher shirt!

I saw Gaard on the sideline on TV during the USC game. He was clearly wearing a Gopher shirt. Do you have a problem with that? Isn't he supposed to be unbiased? And, I don't know the guy, but I'm guessing he wants the Gophers to win.

Again, the real question is - how is the info/insight he provides? It has been great, whether he's wearing an Iowa jacket or a Gopher shirt. Doesn't really matter.

Well, in a roundabout way, he's employed by the Gophers, so no, the Gopher shirt doesn't seem odd. Does it surprise you to see Paul Allen wearing a Vikings shirt? What if Paul Allen spent every day 9-12 talking about how he dislikes the Vikings and how wonderful the Packers are? Do you think the Vikings would be ok with that?

Sorry, when all he does when he's not doing the Gopher show is rip the Gophers I can't take him seriously. If it doesn't bother you, so be it. It obviously does bother a lot of people though. To each their own.

When there is the history of the k-(stinking)-fan's constant attacks on the team and all the cheap-shotting they have directed at the University of Minnesota Golden Gopher Football Program, there is NO room for ANY of their cheap tricks and b.s. They have done their damage and have been incredibly hostile ever since they arrived on the scene in the Twin Cities Area. They are classless...they always have been and they always will be.

gaard needs to go NOW. gaard iS an enemy and is wearing his enemy uniform while supposedly working Gopher Gigs. Burn an iowa hawg'sazz jacket in effigy. gaard is a disrespectful little jerk...make NO mistake about that.

; 0 )

What if Paul Allen spent every day 9-12 talking about how he dislikes the Vikings and how wonderful the Packers are? Do you think the Vikings would be ok with that?

Sorry, when all he does when he's not doing the Gopher show is rip the Gophers I can't take him seriously.

I think that is a misrepresentation and an overstatement. I listen to KFAN often, not every hour of every day, and have heard Gaard talk up the Hawkeyes, sure. But, I haven't heard him "rip" the Gophers on any consistent level. He's poked some fun at us, taken a smart aleck pot shot or two, expressed frustration about the Gophers, but he hasn't bombarded them. I certainly have never felt that he hated the Gophers. In fact, I've heard him talk about his love of Gopher hoops a lot.

Now, Barreiro, has consistently ripped the Gophers. But, he's changed his tune with the station change, the coaching change, and his new found love interest in Mason.

Sorry, when all he does when he's not doing the Gopher show is rip the Gophers I can't take him seriously. If it doesn't bother you, so be it. It obviously does bother a lot of people though. To each their own.

Since August please provide some evidence of him "ripping" on the Gophers. Thanks in advance.

It's time to hurl insults at k-(stinking)-fan! Demand gaards head on a platter! It's time to bash and mob on k-(stinking)-fan and gaard. gaard MUST publically repent and apologize ON THE AIR. He is the enemy of the public here in Gopherville. His very presence on the Gopher Network is an insult to any...to EVERY Golden Gopher Football Fan. Something is ROTTEN on k-(stinking)-fan Golden Gopher Football Broadcasts. ditch that gaard NOW.

; 0 )

It's time to hurl insults at k-(stinking)-fan! Demand gaards head on a platter! It's time to bash and mob on k-(stinking)-fan and gaard. gaard MUST publically repent and apologize ON THE AIR. He is the enemy of the public here in Gopherville. His very presence on the Gopher Network is an insult to any...to EVERY Golden Gopher Football Fan. Something is ROTTEN on k-(stinking)-fan Golden Gopher Football Broadcasts. ditch that gaard NOW.

; 0 )
Baby shh shhhhh.

Top Bottom