More information regarding seat selection

Maverick

Reaction score
I e-mailed a question to the ticket office regarding seat selection and received a very informative response. I thought everyone here could benefit by seeing their response, so here is my question (abbr.) and their answer (abbr.)....

Question:

"Will I have a web site or something to go to, to see how the process is
progressing and whether or not the "projected" seats available or
unavailable is following the expected pattern working up to my time to
select?

I certainly hope so, as planning on doing something based on
projections and then finding out at the selection time that projections were not
accurate will cause a whole new set of problems for everyone...."

Answer:

"Once the final brochure is mailed out, the Gopher Points website will
change a bit. This will allow you to see a map of the stadium, zoom in on
specific sections to see what is available, and click on a camera to see
the view of the field from that area. There will also be a short
instructional video to take you through all of the options available and
how to use the site. Once the seat selection has started, you will be able
to use the website to see what seats are being selected before you. This
will all be in real time for your convenience."

This sounds very well thought out and I am looking forward to watching it all unfold before and after my selection!

Thanks Maverick

The seat selection process should be very interesting. It will be fascinating to see which seats are selling the fastest. My guess is the seats between the goal lines and the 20's will go fast, along with the $100 contribution seats.

I think the pay seats are likely to go faster than people seem to be projecting, especially when they realize those donations count towards the giving needed to secure prime parking spots.

can someone clarify this for me?

I got the e.mail today which refered to my slection of "seats and parking". I know there was alot of discussion a while back on the amount of money required for the good parking spots (like $2,000 or something like that) but my question is will I get some type of parking pass regardless. So if I don't pay I could still get some parking option in a ramp a mile or more from the stadium?? Or if I do not pony up more dough for parking I am SOL and will have to fend for myself on parking?

The on-campus parking areas are being divided into four zones. Zones #3 and #4 do not require any giving. Stay tuned for specifics regarding which lots and ramps are assigned to which zone.

What are the quality of viewing from the lower grey seats in the stadium

http://stadium.gophersports.com/gameday_stadium_map.html

I've attached the link to TCF Bank Stadium Map. I'm not sure of our number but from what I understand is we will be able to get very high quality seats. However, for financial reasons we would prefer the lower end of quality seating. We don't really want to go with the $500 or $250 extra per seat and would prefer the $100 extra per seat in the lower grey areas.

Does anyone have an opinion as to the quality of viewing from these seats. The thing that we were worried about is if the seats were so low that the players/coaches would block the view of the field. Does anyone have any guesses as to the viewing from this area? Thanks in advance!

http://stadium.gophersports.com/gameday_stadium_map.html

I've attached the link to TCF Bank Stadium Map. I'm not sure of our number but from what I understand is we will be able to get very high quality seats. However, for financial reasons we would prefer the lower end of quality seating. We don't really want to go with the $500 or $250 extra per seat and would prefer the $100 extra per seat in the lower grey areas.

Does anyone have an opinion as to the quality of viewing from these seats. The thing that we were worried about is if the seats were so low that the players/coaches would block the view of the field. Does anyone have any guesses as to the viewing from this area? Thanks in advance!

I don't think anyone knows for sure and unfortunately we weren't allowed down that far when I took my tour so i don't have any pictures from the lower part of the field level sections. My personal opinion from what I saw and heard on the tour is that you shouldn't be obstructed...it certainly seemed to me like everything about TCF was well thought out and fan experience was a HUGE consideration in the decisions (recruiting was the #1 factor).

Response for MNSpaniel

I didn’t look for specs anywhere, but they may be available online someplace. From my memory, I believe that the height of the wall around the stadium is 7 feet, so that the heads of people sitting in Row 1 would be about 10 feet above field level (more if your are standing).

Sightlines

The wall at the bottom of the seating bowl is about 7-8 ft above the playing surface (about the same as the dome). Along the sidelines the first row is somewhere around 10 ft closer to the field than in the dome.

Top Bottom