County entrances

#2Gopher

Reaction score
Coming into our third year. I'm still confused as to entrances dictated by the counties. See that the band is doing something by the Pope Entrance. Where is Pope etc.? What do you guys do to remember the entrances are when referring to counties?

The counties are listed alphabetically A-Z. If you are looking at the back side of the scoreboard where the giant M is, to the the right is where the A's start and to the left is where the Z's end. Judging by that, Pope should be close to the exact opposite side of the open end.

It couldn't be simpler. The counties are one of my favorite touches on the stadium. Original and useful.

Does the seat numbering system change depending on which county entrance you use?

Does the seat numbering system change depending on which county entrance you use?

The counties are just listed in a circle on the exterior of the stadium. They basically serve as landmarks, nothing more. The entrances are not by county. The entrances are labeled A through E. And no, there is no numbering change.

lol, this was satire regarding the previous thread about the seat numbering system.

Not sure about that. I do know the original plan was to have the metro counties on one side with the outstate counties on the other but the state legislature thought that would be too 'elitist' so they made them alphabetical.

The counties are just listed in a circle on the exterior of the stadium. They basically serve as landmarks, nothing more. The entrances are not by county. The entrances are labeled A through E. And no, there is no numbering change.

The entrances to the seating bowl for events are through Gates A-E. There are other types of entrances under various county markers. Pope county serves as the entrance to the Marching Band portion of the stadium. Benton county is the entrance to the premium areas; Dodge is the media entrance; Jackson is the "daily entrance" and stadium administration; Lake of the Woods is the "ramp entrance" to the marshaling area and to the field.

Top Bottom