Where should I sit in TCF? Opinions wanted!

GoAUpher

Section 246
Reaction score
So I spent some more time today pondering where I'd like to sit in TCF. My Gopher Points total puts me at approximately 24,000...not great, not terrible. I know I'm going to be choosing from 1 of the 4 corners, but I can't quite decide which would be best. Obviously I have no idea what will be available, but I'm trying to plan ahead. Also, I know from my tour that there won't be a bad seat...but that doesn't mean I won't try to get the best seat possible. :) I've attached an image that basically lays out where I could end up. Here's the pro's and con's of the 4 corners as I see them. I'd like to hear what other people are thinking...both about my options and their own!

Corner 1 (Open End of Bowl - Press Box Side)
Pros:
- Will have decent shade when sun is in SE, S, or SW. Press box may also offer some protection from weather.
- On home sideline side for Marching Band performances, etc.
- Easy to get in/out of stadium as you'll be near to main entrance.
Cons:
- Poor view of big scoreboard
- Sun from West could be weird during evening games
- Angled away from best view of skyline (though it'll be right over your shoulder)
- Shade could make things too cold late in season.
- More likely to have seats in last rows.
- Wonder how crowd noise will seem at open end.
- This is prob my #3 choice.

Corner 2 (Student End - Press Box Side)

Pros:
- Shade and weather protection (see corner 1). If seats are near the top the press box overhang would actually keep you dry during rain/snow.
- Great view of both scoreboards.
- Close to student section, more energy and noise?
- Home sideline for band, etc.
- Ok to pretty good view of skyline/Williams
Cons:
- Sun from West would likely be right in your eyes during sunset
- Shade could make things too cold late in season.
- More likely to have seats in last rows.
- This is prob my #1 choice.

Corner 3 (Student End - Visitor Side)
Pros:
- In sun all the time. Hot at the beginning of the year, nice when its cold?
- Great view of big scoreboard. Ok to poor view of small one depending on section.
- Close to student section, more energy and noise?
- Ok to pretty good view of skyline/Williams
- Seats would be closer since upper part of sections is reserved for visitors.
Cons:
- Sun would be on your face pretty much all the time. Might feel like you're roasting?
- Could be stuck too close to Hogeye/Wisky fans in the visitor sections.
- This is prob my #2 choice.

Corner 4 (Open End - Visitor Side)
Pros:
- In sun all the time. Hot at the beginning of the year, nice when its cold?
- Easy to get in/out of stadium as you'll be near to main entrance.
- Seats would be closer since upper part of sections is reserved for visitors.
Cons:
- Sun would be on your face pretty much all the time. Might feel like you're roasting?
- Could be stuck too close to Hogeye/Wisky fans in the visitor sections.
- Poor view of big scoreboard
- Sun from West could be weird during evening games
- Angled away from best view of skyline (though it'll be right over your shoulder)
- Wonder how crowd noise will seem at open end.
- This is prob my #4 choice.

Attachments

• tcf_where to sit.jpg
    tcf_where to sit.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 35

Corner 2 and 3 sound good. There isnt a ton of sunlight to go around on blustery fall days anyway, so dont worry about being in the shade when it gets cool. It sucks to roast in the sun.

Corner 2 and 3 sound good. There isnt a ton of sunlight to go around on blustery fall days anyway, so dont worry about being in the shade when it gets cool. It sucks to roast in the sun.

That's kinda what I was thinking too. When its cold its cold! I'm thinking more for my wife's comfort than mine 'cause any cold I feel can be solved with a strong pregame beverage or two plus a little carry-in. :)

If you're willing to pay $775 per ticket, I wouldn't be surprised to see some seats between the 40's still available when your turn comes up.

Personally, I'm going to be looking to get on the sunny side of the stadium. I've sat through too many sun-less Gopher games already.

I'm at like 22,000 so facing the same choices and have come to the same conclusions.

I have about 10,000 points, I'm going to get shafted and end up sitting with the worst view of the big scoreboard.

I strongly recommend sitting on the visitor's side very high up in the corners for all people picking earlier than about 14,000. ;) :D

We are around pick 7,000 so our seats should be solid but I heard there is a $500 charge per seat if you want to sit between the 20's. I'm assuming on the lower level only. Either way if that's the case we will be sitting upper deck or on the 19 yard line.

We are around pick 7,000 so our seats should be solid but I heard there is a $500 charge per seat if you want to sit between the 20's. I'm assuming on the lower level only. Either way if that's the case we will be sitting upper deck or on the 19 yard line.

Here is the diagram showing the "donations" required for the best seats. I really wonder in this economy if there might be a fair number of these seats available after a majority of the "cheap" seats are taken.

tcf_stadium_map_1003x871.jpg

The first seats to go are going to be on the 19 yd line, you're probably not going to get those.

See the attached. Between the 20's will run you between $100 and $500 per seat depending on location.

Attachments

• tcf_stadium_map_1003x871.jpg
    tcf_stadium_map_1003x871.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 5

No one has a handle on how long preferred seats will last

My priority level is in the 9,000 range and I spoke to two people in the athletic department about how they think the seats will go. I got two very different opinions. One thinks that as many as half of the first 10,000 seats taken will be outside the preferred seating area so that I should have options at all price levels. The other expects the $250 and $100 seats to be gone or nearly gone by the time they get to me, so that my choices will be in either the $500 donation section or outside the preferred seating area.

The economy will surely be a factor for some, but there are also people who simply would never consider making a donation to the athletic department under any circumstances and those put off by having to make a "donation" to keep seats they feel that have earned by their seniority.

Top Bottom