Volleyball takes down No. 4 Texas in three

MRJ

Reaction score
Nice to see that the lady Gophers took down No. 4 Texas 3-0 at the Pavilion tonight!! :clap:

Seems the team is adjusting pretty well to the changeover from coach Hebert to coach Bush to coach McCutcheon...keep up the good work ladies!!!:D

I saw the match. I'm not sure how good Texas is this year, but the Gophers played as well as they did last year when they were ranked higher. Texas could not stop Harms. If the Gophers keep improving, they'll give Penn State and Nebraska a real challenge.

Nebraska lost to Colorado St last night and have had a bunch of close 3-2 matches so far this year against teams like Wichita State and New Mexico State. In fairness Colorado St is ranked 15th, but maybe Nebraska isn't the volleyball powerhouse we seen the past few years. As for Penn State, they are still the king of the hill in the B1G until someone knocks them off.

I would guess a team gaining less attention (than PSU/Neb) will win the Big Ten this season. i.e. Illinois. Nice win for the Gophers though. If they are able to sweep I would be impressed.

Thanks for the info about Nebraska, I didn't know they were having tight games. I believe Wichita State made the NCAA Tourney last year though and were near the rankings and CSU is usually always relative in volleyball.

See that the Gophers swept Texas again last night....certainly a nice way to start the home portion of the schedule....:)

Texas played a lot better last night, but the Gophers were able to hold them off in much closer sets. I am very impressed with the team so far. Hope both volleyball and football have successful seasons. For me first or second in the Big Ten would be a succesfull volleyball season and 3rd or 4th in the Legends Division would be a very successful football season.

Good to see most of the men's BB team supporting th VB team on Saturday night.

Was the first time Texas lost back-to-back matches in 11 years. ;)

Gophers jump to #6 in the poll that came out today. Penn State is #2, Illinois #4, Nebraska #11, Purdue #13, Michigan #20, Ohio State #25. Texas slid to #10.

Gophers travel to Cedar Falls next weekend to play in #15 Northern Iowa's tournament. Will also play Kansas and St. Louis. Gophers/UNI is the marquee matchup to close out the tourney Saturday night.

Nebraska lost to Colorado St last night and have had a bunch of close 3-2 matches so far this year against teams like Wichita State and New Mexico State. In fairness Colorado St is ranked 15th, but maybe Nebraska isn't the volleyball powerhouse we seen the past few years. As for Penn State, they are still the king of the hill in the B1G until someone knocks them off.

The Wichita State match was the spring exhibition game. Beat New Mexico State 3-2 and lost to Colorado State. Other wins were 3-0. Jury is out on the Husker volleyball team yet.

Top Bottom