Obstacle for Sam Maresh to Overcome

ajokeright

Reaction score
This kid is Superman like with his recovery last year so I bet he takes care of this to. Get will Sam and take care of yourself!!!

Posted on the Caring Bridge Web page

With all the focus on Sam's heart and his lifting going so well, we were not really focusing on Sam's left calf hurting him. We just kept icing and riding the bike instead of running. Sam called me the other day and said it just wouldn't get better and asked if I would take him in to get it checked out. Through x-ray, ultra-sound and mri the doctors came in and said 'well Sam, I guess with you it's never easy'.......They found a tumor in his left calf. We have been at Doctor appointments Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Mon, and have another appointment Thursday at 5:00pm.
So I will tell you what we have been told.....His bone looks good, it is a very low chance of being cancer, it does not appear to be made up of blood vessels, the tumor is soft tissue in the center of his left calf and is causing the pain and will have to be removed. Before they will do anything they have to do more test to find out what it is. They are concerned about the location against three major blood vessels. Basically we are not sure what is next but I am updating the page with this information to ask for your prayers again. Sam left the doctors office discouraged and even made a comment 'maybe God doesn't want me to play football'. We have talked and he knows that is not true, but as you can imagine, he is discouraged right know. He will be receiving a blessing this week to help in his recovery. We would like to thank you all again for your prayers and, if you don't mind, we would like to ask for more.

The Maresh's

Wow, that is tough news. Sam and his family have been through so much already, and they have all dealt with the issues with such an incredible amount of bravery and heart. I hope everything turns out for Sam and that this is another obstacle to conquer and life moment to make one stronger.

Go Gophers!!

Sam, do what is best for your long term health... football can wait and you will be even more football hungry and driven once your body is ready. For now keep your mind in the game and remember that the Gopher Nation is supporting you all the way!

What a classy young man and family. My thoughts and prayers are with them. Sometimes it does not seem like life is very fair. After all he has been through to add this seems overwhelming. However, given the faith and strength of this family I am sure they will overcome this.

I hope that he takes care of himself and doesn't feel indebted to the program to get out there before he and his body are fully ready. If him living a long, healthy life meant that he could never play football again, I would rather he just give it up.

But I doubt it will come to that. He is a strong young man, and has the courage of his conviction to get him through this. Stay tough, Sam, and know that there are a lot of Gopher fans out there supporting you in whatever may come.

My Lord, this kid can't catch a break. I hope him the best and can't wait to see him on the field. This is going to make him running out of the tunnel for the first game at TCF carrying the flag that much more special!

Keep pluggin' Sammy! The courage and determination you and your family are showing us all in facing these trials is only endearing you even further to all Minnesotans. You don't need to play football to show everyone what kind of person you are, but knowing how much doing so matters to you, we know its going to happen and we can't wait to be there in TCF when it does!!!

SAM was up at NDSU watchin his brother MIKE play last year at Fargodome, they had a contstant line of fans coming up to him and his family and wishing SAM good luck.

The same holds true today, GET WELL SAM, from BISON NATION!.

You want to be on the battlefield 2011, god bless!!

Does somebody have the caring bridge site link? I removed it from my favorites a while ago!

Well let's just hope that its a simple thing and not something worse. I imagine we'll know something soon?

Man, my thoughts and prayers go out to Sam and his family. This kid just can't catch a break......

My thoughts and prayers are with Sam and the Maresh family. He is an inspiration to many of us with his courage and mental strength.

for the sake of sam and his family, let's hope and pray the tumor in his calf is benign, and that he will be restored to full health very shortly...

college football is the greatest sport on the planet...but sam's medical battles help to put things into proper perspective...

sam has my best wishes and prayers...

Wow, I just feel terribly for this guy. He is definitely in my prayers.

Man, my thoughts and prayers go out to Sam and his family. This kid just can't catch a break......

Boy, he can't catch a break. It seems that one person should not be tested in so many ways at such a young age. Best of luck Sam! My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Do what you need to do to make sure you live a full and productive life. This may be just one more hurdle to leap over. It doesn't mean it's the end of the race. Stay confident and positive. You are already a huge inspiration to many people throughout this state, so my advice to you is to proceed with this news like you did previously and make the decisions that you and your family feel are the best for you future.

Why does it seem like bad things always happen to good people?

I wish him good luck on his recovery.

Wha?

I'm pretty sure that tumor is telling his other tumor buddies: "Oh f*ck! I came down with Sam Maresh!"

studbad? what the hell did you mean by that nonsensical statement???

C-Note Hawk, you are absolute loser scum!!

Your comment on the Star-Tribune article regarding Sam's condition is ridiculous. "God wanted you to be a Hawkeye, Sam. This is your second warning."

You are absolute loser filthy nasty hawkeye scum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take your sorry boil filled fat ass and get out of here. Better yet I will meet you somewhere and take you out myself. You should be very afraid.

Get well soon Sam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

something tells me...

Sam is as tough a player these parts have ever seen. Hopefully its just a slight delay with his training. I am glad I don't play running back for the other Big ten schools.

I'm pretty sure that tumor is telling his other tumor buddies: "Oh f*ck! I came down with Sam Maresh!"

Don, Studwell just meant that the tumor is fuc&ed because Sam is going to kick its @ss. (ie- "the tumor picked the wrong guy to mess with")

Don, Studwell just meant that the tumor is fuc&ed because Sam is going to kick its @ss. (ie- "the tumor picked the wrong guy to mess with")

Yup. Sort of like a Chuck Norris joke, but starring Sam Maresh as the unconquerable hero.

I don't know much about soft-tissue tumors in the middle of the calf but I do know this kid is going to play football for the Gophers.

Sam hasn't stepped on the field and he's one of my favorite gophers ever. I can't wait to cheer him on when he takes the field for the first time. I believe he'll be just fine and get past this tumor, but if for some reason things don't turn out, he can take comfort knowing that he's touched so many gopher fans and has already left a big mark on the program.

Sam hasn't stepped on the field and he's one of my favorite gophers ever. I can't wait to cheer him on when he takes the field for the first time. I believe he'll be just fine and get past this tumor, but if for some reason things don't turn out, he can take comfort knowing that he's touched so many gopher fans and has already left a big mark on the program.

Great post.

Sam, you'll come out of this stronger than ever! God bless and keep the faith.

Top Bottom