All Things Royce White Thread UPDATED 10/25: Royce cut by 76ers

The juice wasn't worth the squeeze. Same thing I said to my crazy ass stripper ex girlfriend...sometimes it just isn't worth it.

Never question anyone named 'Dude'...

The other day, Royce set a program record by bench-pressing 365 pounds. “He did 185 pounds 26 times,” Hoiberg said, which beats anyone at the NBA combine this year.

Cap City League is terrible. Its 3-4 notches below Pulley on a 1-10 scale. Drew league being 10, NC pro am being 9, Pulley being about a 6.5, that makes ccl about a 3 in my opinion. If not for the ISU players id be a 1

"Sometimes I have to tell him to be more selfish"

I know alot of ex-teammates that would be laughing pretty hard at that statement

Royce does have a lot of talent, but I think it is extremely premature calling a player the best in school history before he plays his first game. It is intereting to see that Royce is now spending more time on his basketball career and less time on his music career. I am also interested to see if Royce is able to keep his temper under control when he faces any level of adversity on the court this season.

Not a lot of competition for that title. He's gotta beat out the Mayor and Marcus Fizer...

Hornacek, Tinsley, Jeff Grayer, there have been some nice players at ISU beyond Hoiberg and Fizer.

Royce does have a lot of talent, but I think it is extremely premature calling a player the best in school history before he plays his first game.

“Wow,” Hoiberg said, “that’s quite a statement.” I think it will be interesting to watch the Cyclone's progress this year. I think Hoiberg did the right thing by rolling the dice with White and others. From his perspective, why not?

Lots of potential but that is all it is at this point. Lets see how he performs and how Iowa State does before making any statement like that.

So? Rodney Williams does that every other game and we expect him to score 10ppg at most

So? Rodney Williams does that every other game and we expect him to score 10ppg at most

White has basketball skills that Rodney can only dream of having at this point. Who knows how each will develop in the next few years but White was a more polished player in high school and I imagine will be this year also.

Clearly I know that. Captain Puerto Rico's link was what I was referancing, watch it. Nice dunk, but Rodney does that all the time and we aren't screaming elite 8

Clearly I know that. Captain Puerto Rico's link was what I was referancing, watch it. Nice dunk, but Rodney does that all the time and we aren't screaming elite 8

I haven't heard many people from ISU screaming Elite 8, but there is a major difference between a 6'7" 200 pound guy doing that and a 6'8" 270 pound guy doing it.

You've never seen Lebron James? Royce is good, but let him play a game first

Mr. White is currently in Milan, Italy. Sunday, he and the team will travel to Florence. Sure beats western Canada.

I don't have any strong feelings toward, or ties with, Iowa State. They're annoying and stupid just because it's the state of Iowa, but I do cheer for Scott Christopherson. Also, in college we called a buddy 'Michalik' because he looked exactly like Hoiberg's teammate Julius Michalik (not a good thing, really).

Nonetheless, I'll be watching a ton of their games this season - very interested to see how things work out with this team. Lots of talent.

I could see Royce's college career mirroring Kris Humphries'. If he stays all four years, he may end up being the greatest player in ISU history...but is it going to surprise anyone if he opts for the NBA after one season (assuming the league still exists by then)?

You said its amazing Royce can do that at 270. Im simply stating, have you ever seen Lebron James play?

You said its amazing Royce can do that at 270. Im simply stating, have you ever seen Lebron James play?

Uh yeah, I think I've noticed LeBron, he's the once in a generation athletic freak correct?

Just because LeBron is quite possibly the most physically gifted athlete out there, makes it no less impressive that White has the athleticism that he does at his size.

It's as if you said, "Rodney Williams makes some really athletic plays" and I returned with, "Well, have you ever seen Jordan play?"

I'm not posting Rodney Williams highlight reels on cyclonefanatic.com either. Imagine Harrison Barnes commits to ISU, and promises to take his hometown back into the spotlight and get a championship. Then, he screws up, and before he even plays a game, he is forced to transfer to the U of M, where he recycles the sound bites he just gave the last team. I wish the best to you guys, and Mr. White, but I've seen him play multiple times. I really don't care how cool his dunks are.

White has basketball skills that Rodney can only dream of having at this point. Who knows how each will develop in the next few years but White was a more polished player in high school and I imagine will be this year also.

White maybe be a tad better then Walter Bond if he stays away from Malls.

Ugh... I'm not looking forward to the gripes around here once the season gets going. White will impress. He's absolutely legit.

Gopher Warrior said:
Ugh... I'm not looking forward to the gripes around here once the season gets going. White will impress. He's absolutely legit.

Agreed. He was a 5-star talent for a reason. He is very good.

If he is on the court, i am fairly certain he will excel personally (how the team does is yet to be determined) but the bigger key is "if he is on the court." so far so good though.

Top Bottom