Ward in Minnesota?

Dr.Gopher

Reaction score
Did T. Ward visit Minnesota this weekend? He said if he got his ACT score he would visit Minnesota this weekend and join the Gopher Nation. Has anyone heard if he did?

Nobody knows if he is in Gopher Nation.

<<Nobody knows if he is in Gopher Nation.>>

Well that's not exactly true. A lot of people know if he is here. Him for one. Just no one who is sharing it on this board.

<<Nobody knows if he is in Gopher Nation.>>

Well that's not exactly true. A lot of people know if he is here. Him for one. Just no one who is sharing it on this board.

Maybe he's here incognito. Hmmm. maybe he's so good at it even he doesn't know he's here.:confused:

he did not visit this weekend and now has an offer from south carolina

he will 99% stay down south

I looked at NI 25 signees and neither of the Minnesota kids rumoured there (Terrell Sinkfield RB from Hopkins or Sonnie from Apple Valley) seems to have signed there.

I still say give the big Fisch the Sinkfield video. Maybe he could be the last back they are looking to add. Just looking at the film he has a different gear than Ward. Okay it might be an illusion. But TS can accelerate through a crease - is a threat to take it all the way if he does. That is what makes AP (the Viking's one, not the Bear's one) so extraordinary. Not to say TS is an AP (he was likely #1 RB recruit his senior year), but he has that extra gear.

But TS can accelerate through a crease - is a threat to take it all the way if he does. That is what makes AP (the Viking's one, not the Bear's one) so extraordinary.

I hereby nominate you for the Preposterous Statement Award (copyright Dan Cole). I realize you're not really comparing the two, but to even mention their names in the same sentence is a disgrace to AP. One of the best, if not the best, running backs in NFL history vs. a kid who can't even get a D-IA scholarship? C'mon.

I nominate you, dpodoll, for the PAJ Even More Preposterous Statement Award. You just mentioned a running back who has only been in the league for three years, albeit a great three years, and referred to him as "One of the best, if not the best, running backs in NFL history". AP is not at the level of the walter payton's and emmitt smiths that were in the league. Ofcourse, AP does have a shot at become one of the best, but if he retired at the this moment, he wouldn't be in my book. No SB ring and no MVP. C'mon.

I believe you meant to say two years. Even more preposterous.

I hereby nominate you for the Preposterous Statement Award (copyright Dan Cole). I realize you're not really comparing the two, but to even mention their names in the same sentence is a disgrace to AP. One of the best, if not the best, running backs in NFL history vs. a kid who can't even get a D-IA scholarship? C'mon.

Give me a break, you said it yourself that he wasn't comparing the two. Should he have said Sinkfield's game reminds him of Billy Ray Johnson from Sul Ross State University? Would that paint a good picture for everyone?

I think I said "Not to say that TS is an AP"and then I went on to point out that AP was # rated running back in country as senior on HS (as compared to TS who is not rated). I think I covered it.

As I have said I am not a film guru, but every fan has more access to highlight film in the you tube era.

What I have been struck by is how uncommon it is to be able to accelerate through a crease or a crack in the middle of the field, to walk away from pursuit in the open field even though pursuit has an angle, and to skirt around the corner when it looks like the containment can slide outside ahead of the back. The TS video demonstrates all that - a lot of the video on some 4 stars does not. What that translates to in Division 1 football, I'm not sure.

But to leave TS for a minute and return to Marion Barber. How come nobody could see that coming? The kid was a two star at Wayzata and all the depth charts had him buried for awhile as he learned the craft and adjusted to Big Ten Football. Most had him taking a red-shirt year to lift some weights. If anyone here had said - "It will only take 10 practices for him to be the obvious starting tailback, he'll stick around a couple of years, be a high draft pick, and make the pro-bowl in 2-3 years" - now THAT would have been the proposterous statement award.

All I said was that the film seems to show that TS can accelerate through a crease. I would even welcome comments from those who really study film why the film on Trabis Ward marks him as such an extraordinarily higher prospect than the film on TS. Is it all a case of Florida film. (As in bigger faster stronger athletes on both sides of the ball)

referred to him as "One of the best, if not the best, running backs in NFL history". AP is not at the level of the walter payton's and emmitt smiths that were in the league.

I will stand by my statement, and will argue it to the death with anyone who cares. Emmitt Smith benefited largely from having a great QB, WR, TE, and O-line, along with a pretty good defense. In fact, if I named my personal Top 10 list, Smith wouldn't even be on it. I'd much rather have Sanders, OJ, Dickerson, LT, Faulk, or even Thurman Thomas. As of right now, my top 3 would be:

1. Jim Brown
2. Walter Payton
3. AP

And in another five years, barring injury, I think you could quite easily put him #1. No one in history has had the combination of speed, power, quickness, agility, vision, elusiveness and strength that he does. If you choose to rate by numbers, championships, MVPs, then obviously he can't compete, because he's been in the league 2 years. Based on pure football ability, and who you would take in their prime, I like my list pretty well.

But clearly, attaining 3rd-team All-Metro status warrants comparisons with the NFL rushing champion :rolleyes:. I honestly don't know anything about Sinkfield (never even heard of him outside of this message board), but I guarantee he would be getting more ink if he's as great as you say he is. Barber is a more legitimate comparison, but he was at least a 2-star and getting some heat coming out of HS, even if it was as a DB for most schools. I can't even find Sinkfield's name in either Rivals' or Scout's database.

Classs of 66 are you Sinkfields dad?

If Sinkfield was good he would be rated by Rivals and Scout and have legitimate D1 offers. If no one is beating down his door there is a reason, he does not have D1 talent.

I will stand by my statement, and will argue it to the death with anyone who cares. Emmitt Smith benefited largely from having a great QB, WR, TE, and O-line, along with a pretty good defense. In fact, if I named my personal Top 10 list, Smith wouldn't even be on it. I'd much rather have Sanders, OJ, Dickerson, LT, Faulk, or even Thurman Thomas. As of right now, my top 3 would be:

1. Jim Brown
2. Walter Payton
3. AP

And in another five years, barring injury, I think you could quite easily put him #1. No one in history has had the combination of speed, power, quickness, agility, vision, elusiveness and strength that he does. If you choose to rate by numbers, championships, MVPs, then obviously he can't compete, because he's been in the league 2 years. Based on pure football ability, and who you would take in their prime, I like my list pretty well.

But clearly, attaining 3rd-team All-Metro status warrants comparisons with the NFL rushing champion :rolleyes:. I honestly don't know anything about Sinkfield (never even heard of him outside of this message board), but I guarantee he would be getting more ink if he's as great as you say he is. Barber is a more legitimate comparison, but he was at least a 2-star and getting some heat coming out of HS, even if it was as a DB for most schools. I can't even find Sinkfield's name in either Rivals' or Scout's database.

First thing, I'm a big Vikings fan and love Peterson. But there is no way you can put a player with the greats after two seasons.

Secondly, you're looking way too much into the statement of Sinkfield reminding him of Peterson. If I'm out watching a 9-man game in rural MN and I see a RB running from one side of the field to the next, and making everyone miss, I might say or think to myself "This kid reminds me a little of Barry Sanders." Doesn't mean he will ever be a superstar or anything, and may not even go on to play small college ball. Just that his style is similar to Barry's. That's it.

If Sinkfield was good he would be rated by Rivals and Scout and have legitimate D1 offers. If no one is beating down his door there is a reason, he does not have D1 talent.

Because the ratings sites have NEVER missed on any players...I think recruiting rankings are a nice baseline to gauge the general talent level over a period of 4 or so years but I'm sorry, they aren't the gold standard.

I think everyone around here is pretty much in agreement that building a better walk-on program would benefit the U. Would that make any sense if Rivals and Scout were always right?

I looked at NI 25 signees and neither of the Minnesota kids rumoured there (Terrell Sinkfield RB from Hopkins or Sonnie from Apple Valley) seems to have signed there.

I still say give the big Fisch the Sinkfield video. Maybe he could be the last back they are looking to add. Just looking at the film he has a different gear than Ward. Okay it might be an illusion. But TS can accelerate through a crease - is a threat to take it all the way if he does. That is what makes AP (the Viking's one, not the Bear's one) so extraordinary. Not to say TS is an AP (he was likely #1 RB recruit his senior year), but he has that extra gear.

in comparing ts with ap...i'm hoping ts can protect the football...

for all his excellent qualities, ap is an absolute fumbling machine:p:p:p

Did T. Ward visit Minnesota this weekend? He said if he got his ACT score he would visit Minnesota this weekend and join the Gopher Nation. Has anyone heard if he did?

Ugh. Any update on Trabis? Hopefully Hightower can go down there and get something cookin'. And when a position coach leaves for the NFL, don't they tell the guys they're recruiting to still commit to the school? I mean, come on.

Because the ratings sites have NEVER missed on any players...I think recruiting rankings are a nice baseline to gauge the general talent level over a period of 4 or so years but I'm sorry, they aren't the gold standard.

I think everyone around here is pretty much in agreement that building a better walk-on program would benefit the U. Would that make any sense if Rivals and Scout were always right?

And ... most of the extent to which they are right is based on them changing their rankings to account for recruiting that has already happened.

Top Bottom