Tickets Going Fast

Iceland12

Reaction score
Today's single game sale to Season Ticket Holders must be going well. The "Pick Your Pack" where you can get Nebraska, Iowa or Wisconsin tickets linked to NMSU or Miami of Ohio is presently gone online. There are also limited seats to the latter two games. I'd assume that means that a lot Cornhusker fans and maye some Badger fans who bought Season Tickets and are now buying the Packs to get their friends in.

I'm leaving Iowa fans out. Their projection of Twenty Thousand Hawkeye friends attending TCF last year's game ending up being about 12-13 thousand to high. I'm guessing they might be a little to thrifty for the present ploy!:clap::clap:

I grabbed 10 tickets to each the Miami of Ohio and Nebraska games this morning. As luck would have it, I have a relative who really needed 8 to the Miami game and a different relative who needed 8 to the Nebraska game, so it worked out well. I added two more for each and anticipate the Nebraska tickets to be in very high demand.

Go Gophers!!

Good thinking Bleed. We're out at Lake Tahoe so I started about 7:15 PST. I'm not sure if I should be happy about you Nebraska purchase though!:cool:

Bleed,

Where are your Miami tickets? I am coming down in a group of six and am wondering what will be available? StubHub has plenty that are plenty cheap as well.

Bleed,

Where are your Miami tickets? I am coming down in a group of six and am wondering what will be available? StubHub has plenty that are plenty cheap as well.

The Miami tickets we got are Section 220, Row 14.

Go Gophers!!

I just checked and all of the Nebraska tickets are sold out already.

What were the total number of single game tickets available?

What were the total number of season tickets originally available?

I had read somewhere that there were very few of each, and that current season ticket holders had snapped up a lot of the available season tickets. We've spent two seasons in the Bank, and I have yet to see these massive numbers of visiting fans everyone seems to tell us (on this board) that will show up. I realize Big Red has a reputation, but does anyone think they will exceed the "10,000 visiting fans" that we hear about, but have never showed up yet?

It's a math problem. There just aren't enough tickets available. We had 96% of 35,000 STH renew, and many bought more ST. That means 33,600 renewals. A lot of what you see on Stub Hub and other sites are redundant tickets. I'd love to see some sort of analysis done.

Notre Dame said Nebraska was never going to get many fans into THEIR stadium, touchdown Jesus just wouldn't allow it............
Over 20,000 fans proved them wrong, it looked like we were back in Lincoln at Memorial

NotreDameHuskers.jpg

You'll get a good idea of Huskers traveling after the game at Camp Randal. They expect 20,000 inside the stadium and another 20,000 tailgating at the bars.... we'll see.
I sure wouldn't be surprised to see at least 10,000 at the Bank, should be a good time.

Notre Dame said Nebraska was never going to get many fans into THEIR stadium, touchdown Jesus just wouldn't allow it............
Over 20,000 fans proved them wrong, it looked like we were back in Lincoln at Memorial

NotreDameHuskers.jpg

hahahaha that's some funny shiite.

What did that really accomplish? Did you make Wiscy's stadium more red?

I guess the cumulative blood-alcohol level might have dipped below .50 if you added 20,000 sober Nebraskans to the mix.

NotreDameHuskers.jpg

You'll get a good idea of Huskers traveling after the game at Camp Randal. They expect 20,000 inside the stadium and another 20,000 tailgating at the bars.... we'll see.
I sure wouldn't be surprised to see at least 10,000 at the Bank, should be a good time.

I was at that Notre Dame/Nebraska game. I thought they actually outnumbered Irish fans. So 80k capacity * 55% = 44k Cornhusker fans. It was impressive, I have to admit. I think the Cornshuckers will prove in their first Big Ten season that they are the best traveling fans in the conference.

What did that really accomplish? Did you make Wiscy's stadium more red?

I guess the cumulative blood-alcohol level might have dipped below .50 if you added 20,000 sober Nebraskans to the mix.

No, this wasn't Wisky, it was Notre Dame. And yes, it was indeed painted red, in fact it's probably the only pic you'll find of their stadium looking this far off of their green and gold. The announcers made mention of it throughout the game on National TV, needless to say Notre Dame was quite embarrassed but they shouldn't have been. Huskers are just good travelers and a bit fanatical when it comes to paying outrageous prices to get their tickets. We're thinking of wearing white to the Wisky game but personally I'm wearing my red jersey, it goes to every Husker football game I attend.

Gophersports.com is reporting slightly under 30,000 season tickets sold for this year.

That is absolutely not possible. Show me the link. The ticket office stands by 96% renewal. More have been purchased.

Log into your account and check your Gopher Points. It shows total season tickets sold of 29,900 and change.

That is absolutely not possible. Show me the link. The ticket office stands by 96% renewal. More have been purchased.

When I received my email about my upgrade, it said 90% renewal. You figure 3K is for visiting fans, plus our player and coach tickets, the band, etc....and it's not like it was sold out of season tickets last year, so that's not the bar we started with. So that doesn't sound too crazy.

I'm very afraid that most of these tickets are going to rival school's fans. I had a Gopher season ticket holder that's a Nebraska fan tell me he got 12 packages for his NE friends. $95 is a small price to pay for these schools with strong football followings, and let's be honest - there aren't a lot of die-hard Gopher fans without season tickets....at least not that I know of.

I have several friends that bought season tickets to Wyoming, Wisconsin and Minnesota just to guarantee them a seat for this first year in the Big10. You can donate the unused tickets to the veteran associations. When our opponents quit selling individual game tickets we just bought more season tickets, when available.... which is why Notre Dame was so remarkable, they only sold us 4,000 seats, we acquired the rest through Husker fortitude. But rest assured, we don't bring bad attitude or anything, we just want to be part of the game.

Log into your account and check your Gopher Points. It shows total season tickets sold of 29,900 and change.
I do believe that number does not include the student season ticket totals.

What is with posters on this site reserrecting years old threads instead of just posting new ones?

What's the point in posting the same thing on the same subject year after year after...

What's the point in posting the same thing on the same subject year after year after...
Because it's 2014 and not 2011. If we are going to go the route of many on here we should just have one catch all gameday tread, one catch all recruiting thread, or one thread discussing the Sunday Sports Huddle. Go the extra mile and pin that ****e right to the top of the page and never create another one. After all, what's the point in creating a new thread?

Do people here actually go out of their way to search for old threads to post in that they feel are relevant to what they are posting about, or do they have them bookmarked/stored deep in the dark recesses of their minds? I'm legitimately curious. I've posted on numerous message boards over the years and I've only seen it done here.

Because it's 2014 and not 2011. If we are going to go the route of many on here we should just have one catch all gameday tread, one catch all recruiting thread, or one thread discussing the Sunday Sports Huddle. Go the extra mile and pin that ****e right to the top of the page and never create another one. After all, what's the point in creating a new thread? Do people here actually go out of their way to search for old threads to post in that they feel are relevant to what they are posting about, or do they have them bookmarked/stored deep in the dark recesses of their minds? I'm legitimately curious. I've posted on numerous message boards over the years and I've only seen it done here.

I think you're analyzing too much. Just look at GopherVotary's post history. It's ridiculously repetitive.

Top Bottom