TCF Bank Stadium - Feb 12 pictures

Man am I excited for our team to play in the tiniest stadium in college football.

Thank You!!! I was hoping that someone come up with pictures sooner or later. Really nice job.

Man am I excited for our team to play in the tiniest stadium in college football.

50,000?? Man I can't wait for you to get banned already...15 posts in and your not welcome. Good job!

I didn't know Kentucky had the tiniest stadium in college football. The things you learn on this site. thanks for the info.

Thanks for the pics.

Didn't realize it until you posted, but exactly seven months from right now (Feb. 12th --> Sept. 12th), we'll be sitting in TCF watching the Gophers play Air Force. The big day is getting closer....

Smallest Stadium...right....

Is it the smallest stadium in the Big Ten Even? Nope, JShow forgot about Northwestern(49,256)...Cinncinnati's stadium holds 35000, Uconn's 40000. I founds those numbers without even trying that hard. The Carrier Dome, Syracuse's home, next year's first game, holds 49600 for football. Please do a tiny bit of research before posting this garbage.

Is it the smallest stadium in the Big Ten Even? Nope, JShow forgot about Northwestern(49,256)...Cinncinnati's stadium holds 35000, Uconn's 40000. I founds those numbers without even trying that hard. The Carrier Dome, Syracuse's home, next year's first game, holds 49600 for football. Please do a tiny bit of research before post this garbage.

Another thing ignored by the foolish and incorrect size argument is quality of experience. UC's Nippert Stadium is actually a nice place to watch a game (especially night games).

And if size is the only issue our spelling challenged friend can go cheer for IU...they currently seat 49,225 but the few thousand empty seats they are adding should be more than enough for JShow to hop on the bandwagon.

Wow....those pics are NICE. I seriously can't wait to see this thing open!

You know, the argument over seating capacity is a moot point for right now. I'd love to have to
have an 80000 seat stadium filled to capacity for every game but for right now that ain't
happenin'. I can't imagine how disappointing it was for the Gophers to come into a home game
with Dome rockin' with 30000 visiting fans. If any of our posters knows any current players
I'd like to know if it bothered them, pissed them off or fired them up. We didn't have many
true home games in the Dome when Becky and the Pigeyes came to town. I won't miss that.

Stroke. If I were a player I would be pi$$ed but unfortunetly (sp) they have become accustomed to it.

I have very little respect for the majority of the TC area sports fans. Show them a winner and they magically show up and act like they have been there all along ala the Twins in 87 and 91. Gopher football ranks behind the Wild, Queens, Twins, Gopher hockey, hoops and can't compete with opening deer hunting, going to the lake or the mall(s). Sad. These kids deserve much better; win or lose.

I expect a good number of Wisky and Hogeye fans will find their way into TCF but not near the volume we have seen. Especially if we struggle. I hope Brewsterball can change all of that.

Thanks Skeeter!

I'm really jealous.

Question,are the benches going to be maroon to match the seat backs or will they just be plane silver like in the architectural photos?

Thanks for the pics. They're great.

:)

Question,are the benches going to be maroon to match the seat backs or will they just be plane silver like in the architectural photos?

I think they are just silver. It was probably cheaper and won't fade in the elements, just my guess.

You know, the argument over seating capacity is a moot point for right now. I'd love to have to
have an 80000 seat stadium filled to capacity for every game but for right now that ain't
happenin'. I can't imagine how disappointing it was for the Gophers to come into a home game
with Dome rockin' with 30000 visiting fans. If any of our posters knows any current players
I'd like to know if it bothered them, pissed them off or fired them up. We didn't have many
true home games in the Dome when Becky and the Pigeyes came to town. I won't miss that.

I AGREE HEARTILY. There will never be a day again when we will have even close to 10,000 visiting fans from the wastelands (or is it waistlands?)!!! Becky Boo and Piggie poo can give their dough to the local hotels and bars and watch the games on TV...:D:D:D

Stroke. If I were a player I would be pi$$ed but unfortunetly (sp) they have become accustomed to it.

I have very little respect for the majority of the TC area sports fans. Show them a winner and they magically show up and act like they have been there all along ala the Twins in 87 and 91. Gopher football ranks behind the Wild, Queens, Twins, Gopher hockey, hoops and can't compete with opening deer hunting, going to the lake or the mall(s). Sad. These kids deserve much better; win or lose.

I expect a good number of Wisky and Hogeye fans will find their way into TCF but not near the volume we have seen. Especially if we struggle. I hope Brewsterball can change all of that.

I seriously doubt "a good number" is a mathematical possibility. Most season ticket holders won't make the trip to the stadium to sell to a scalper with the parking situation as is. I'll give you on-line sales, but I wonder what numbers that will be.

Students can't sell theirs, and with the stadium on campus, they will be there early and stay late.

I believe it will be easy for the U to sell nearly 40,000 season tickets without much effort, even with an average team. When the Vikes leave town (which is better than 50-50), it will be the only football ticket in town. Wild, Hoops and hockey are irrelevant, we're talking about 7 games of which few overlap. Also, at $35 a game, it's cheap.

Think about what the dome would have looked like without 15,000 seats--nearly full. Throw out the Iowa game and the Gophers still averaged 46,439 last season. That's a virtual sell-out on campus...

Awesome! Great shots....and that facility will be 2nd to none.

And with success the capacity will be increased.

Can't spring ball start yet??

GM

Top Bottom