Nebraska fires baseball coach Mike Anderson

GopherGod

Reaction score
Nebraska fired head coach Mike Anderson after another underachieving season. The first call they are likely to make is to Brian O'Connor at UVa who is a native of the Omaha area and a Creighton alum.

Nebraska fired head coach Mike Anderson after another underachieving season. The first call they are likely to make is to Brian O'Connor at UVa who is a native of the Omaha area and a Creighton alum.

The locals are very happy, this came a year too late in most fan's opinion. O'Connor is a long shot now as the Huskers move to the Big 10. He has a great thing going at Virginia, but not being paid very much. Former player Will Bolt is high on the Huskers list.

Nebraska hired Darin Erstad today. Just because you can play the game doesn't mean you can coach, but he will bring a wealth of knowledge and players will want to play for a young coach who has played at the highest level. If he can run a program this will be a great hire for them!

Nebraska hired Darin Erstad today. Just because you can play the game doesn't mean you can coach, but he will bring a wealth of knowledge and players will want to play for a young coach who has played at the highest level. If he can run a program this will be a great hire for them!

It is a risk, many are nervous from a recruiting standpoint. He got hired, because he is going to stay in Lincoln until he wants to quit. All others that interviewed and there was some proven talent, ran the risk of using the Husker gig as a stepping stone to another job. Sounds like Will Bolt is going to be an assistant, which will help with the recruiting.

Although moving to the Big Ten might hurt some of his recruiting opportunities, I think he will be able to get the players that he wants, I think most high school age kids will want to play for a coach who's young and had a nice major league career. If he can run the program and goes and sees the right kids I think they should do just fine. At least they will have a little more wiggle room in the Big Ten. Big 12 is much better competition (although I still think the Gophers and Ohio State could compete in the Big 12 year in and year out), I think he will be able to recruit good big ten ball players.

BoogeyMan: I think, I think, I think, I think, I think ....yikes how many "I thinks" does one get in the same post?

Sorry Dr. Don. I wasn't aware that I had someone monitoring my post to ensure I was writing properly. I think your a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#.

Sorry Dr. Don. I wasn't aware that I had someone monitoring my post to ensure I was writing properly. I think your a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#.

A little wound up today are we?

Boogeyman, I agree

Although moving to the Big Ten might hurt some of his recruiting opportunities, I think he will be able to get the players that he wants, I think most high school age kids will want to play for a coach who's young and had a nice major league career. If he can run the program and goes and sees the right kids I think they should do just fine. At least they will have a little more wiggle room in the Big Ten. Big 12 is much better competition (although I still think the Gophers and Ohio State could compete in the Big 12 year in and year out), I think he will be able to recruit good big ten ball players.

Erstad will do just fine in the Big 10, especially with a good staff. I know you played and will agree with the difference between the Big 10 and Big 12, but I agree that the Gophers and OSU would compete with the Big 12 many years. Husker fans look at the Big 10 this year and laugh. The Big 10 was way down this year and that is all they are looking at. With Nebraska's facilities and money and history, they should be in the top 3 every year.

Top Bottom