AA Waldorf College, BSVS/Doctorate IL College of Optometry
40 y Gopher fan
Attend >1 fb + >1 bk game/y
2 bk tix x 20y + 2 fb tix x 5y
1st fb - 1971
1st bk - 1972
1st hock - 2000
No bb
Like the news, info, & insight of GH. Dislike petty BS.
GH is doing fine as is, could maybe improve basketball recruit coverage.

Moniker: LloydChristmas
Native Minnesotan: Yes
Hometown: Zumbrota, MN
Current Address: Stillwater, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: Concordia Moorhead 1994 (BA) Mathematics & Business
# of years as a Gopher football fan: lifelong (Alum Dad had season tix for 20+ years).
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes. Also attend VB games and occasional BB game.
Season Ticket Holder: Yes, 2 tickets (3rd year). Insight.com bowl attendee.

Attended my first Gopher football game: Mem stadium, somewhere between '77-'80.
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Barn, must have been '82' ish
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 1995
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Waiting for a new stadium? :D
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GI (someone has my fav moniker), ESPN, Fuller blog, Gopher Daily.

What I like about GopherHole: The variety, magnitude, and passion people show in their opinions about the Gophers. Love the insight that Johnny Gopher, grunkie, et al bring to the table. I talk to fans at the games, but need a year-round fix and that's what GH provides. Also sick and tired of the local sports media, who don't dedicate time for the Gophers. Expect more from the local media for one of the nation's largest universities! :(

What I'd like to see enhanced: Beef up the hit squad on Bi-son, Becky and Hog-eye flamers... the more I read on GH the more I filter the negative out. Chop the de-railed posts that turn into Loon v. World.

Additional Comments: Keep up the great work GH, it's always fun to get away from the kids for awhile and rant about Brew's crew.

Moniker: pauvre gaufres
Native Minnesotan: Nope
Hometown: Rice Lake, WI
Current Address: West Chester, PA
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - U of MN 1993, PhD - Univ of Calif-Berkeley
# of years as a Gopher football fan: Both football and Basketball - 20, really, although in a glimpse of the future, I thought it was totally unfair that Holtz left for ND (have hated them ever since)
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Nope. Last live game was an NIT win over Temple in Philly.
Season Ticket Holder: No.

Attended my first Gopher football game: 1989, season tix in the sterility of the dome
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 1989, better than ever season tix in the Barn
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: ~1991
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Nope, though occasionally contemplated.
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: More of a lurker really, but I do sometimes post on the Flat Out/Fly Girl reports of http://www.outerbanksflyfishing.com/forum/.

What I like about GopherHole: Just having the chance to converse and read the opinions of people who are passionate about the Gophers (and in particular, the BBallers). Also, after living on the West Coast and now on the East, I have great affection for the cultures of where I grew up. And sorry to disappoint, but WI and MN, not so different really (IA is another story).

What I'd like to see enhanced: Spend almost all my time on the BBall forum board; I like it.

Additional Comments: Occasionally can get a bit clique-ish for lurking-occasional posters like myself, but that's okay. I find it pretty easy to click away from the scent of bs.

Go Gophers!!

Moniker: minnyrules11
Hometown: Minnesota City Suburb of Winona
Current Address: Eagan MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BS Marketing - Winona State 2005, Business and Leadership Master of Arts 2008 Winona State
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 26
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - football.
Season Ticket Holder: Yes 4 years as a holder of two tickets but 10 in the group.

Attended my first Gopher football game: in Wisconsin 1992 or so win 21-3
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: honestly don't remember
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 2005 against # 2CC we lost
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Not sure if I have been to one.
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GopherIllustrated,

What I like about GopherHole: It's been around since the final four year.

What I'd like to see enhanced: LakeBison's IQ,

Moniker: forever a gopher
Hometown: Maple Grove
Current Address: S. Mpls
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA- Architecture, U of M; Master of Architecture- Miami University
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 15
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes.
Season Ticket Holder: Yes, Football (4 years of non-student tix, 2 seats)

Attended my first Gopher football game: 2000
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 2000
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 2000
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Never
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: gminsidenews.com; saab92x.com

What I like about GopherHole: Being able to get Gopher news here first; the lively discussion

What I'd like to see enhanced: block problem poster's IP addresses so they can't just log on with a different name

Moniker: Noonan
Hometown: Maple Grove
Current Address: Maple Grove, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - University of Minnesota - Duluth (1996)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 25
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - Both.
Season Ticket Holder: Yes -Football 6 yrs, 4 tickets

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Iowa 1987(or 88)
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Indiana 1988
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. NMU, 1984.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Minnesota vs. OSU, May 2005.
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: N/A

What I like about GopherHole: Rumors and/or scoops provided about players and recruiting. I also enjoy the pictures of the stadium progress.

What I'd like to see enhanced: More in depth articles/posts about the players. Getting to know the players is a big part of getting fans to rally around the team. Now that we seem to be getting our MN kids to stay, I think fans will feel more attached to the team.

Additional Comments - What I dislike about this board are the people who turn a decent thread into one of two ridiculous arguements. 1) Posted material that was written on a site that has a subscription...get over it! and 2) Complaining about posting links from other sites......This actually helps those who do not have a lot of time to dedicate to browsing the internet for information on the Gophers. Please continue to provide this valuable service.

Moniker: HLGopher
Hometown: Howard Lake
Current Address: Rochester, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BS - University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, AA Rochester Community & Technical College
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 27....born a fan
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes
Season Ticket Holder: Yes (brother owns, I use) Football, he has 2 tickets.

Attended my first Gopher football game: late 90s
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. California, Metrodome in '96 (Bobby Jackson's Jr year vs. Shareef Abdur-Rahim)
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. Michigan, 2007
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GopherIllustrated, The Daily Gopher.

What I like about GopherHole: Recruiting info provided by site (GopherLady in particular).

What I'd like to see enhanced: Everything is good. Any improvements are great, but the time and effort put in by the GH staff is probably more than anyone should be committing to a fan site.

Moniker: parkinglotgopher
Hometown: Wayzata
Current Address: Minneapolis
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: B.A. English and Linguistics from THE University of Minnesota
# of years as a Gopher football fan: from the uterus onward
Season Ticket Holder: Yes - football (student and public tickets) and basketball (student tickets)

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin, October 1993.
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Northwestern, January 1995.
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Too young to recall - 1988ish?
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Minnesota vs. Michigan, April 2003.
Other websites that I frequently visit: GopherIllustrated, USCHO, GopherPuckLive

What I like about GopherHole: The anarchy that comes with being a free-registration message board. Oh, and Sour1729. What a dreamboat!

What I'd like to see enhanced: More links directly to Gopher information: results, schedules, statistics, etc.

Moniker: youngstowngopher
Native Minnesotan: No
Hometown: Youngstown, Ohio
Current Address: Liberty Twp. (Youngstown, Ohio)
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: About to recieve my BA to teach Social Studies -Youngstown State University
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 18
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: I've attended one of each this year, football at BGSU, and basketball at Ohio State. I'm hoping to try and do the same every year for now on, one football and one hoops game a year. Still need to make it to Minnesota for a game!!
Season Ticket Holder: No

Attended my first Gopher football game: @ Kent 8/31/2006
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: @ OSU 2/7/2009
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: N/A
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: N/A
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: ysupenguins.com

What I like about GopherHole: Being I live in Ohio, this is where I get insider information since all I get around here is Buckeyes propoganda.

What I'd like to see enhanced: I would not mind a live chat room.

Additional Comments: BEAT PENN STATE THIS SATURDAY!!!

Moniker: Sour1729
Hometown: Bettendorf, IA
Current Address: Milwaukee, WI
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: B.A. - Political Science from The University of Minnesota; Working toward a J.D. from Marquette University
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 7
Season Ticket Holder: Yes - football

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota vs. Iowa 1994
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Marquette 1998
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Don't remember, 2004?
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Minnesota vs. Michigan 2003.
Other websites that I frequently visit: GI, Buckyville, HawkeyeReport, Catspause, Pitchforkmedia, Facebook

What I like about GopherHole: The unabashed vulgarity of koreangopher (formerly beckybadgerblows), the curious naivete of GopherD, and the cunning linguism of PLG.

What I'd like to see enhanced: Ummm is this some kind of ExtenZe questionnaire?

Moniker: youngstowngopher
Hometown: Youngstown, Ohio
Current Address: Liberty Twp. (Youngstown, Ohio)
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: About to recieve my BA to teach Social Studies -Youngstown State University
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 18
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: I've attended one of each this year, football at BGSU, and basketball at Ohio State. I'm hoping to try and do the same every year for now on, one football and one hoops game a year. Still need to make it to Minnesota for a game!!

Attended my first Gopher football game: @ Kent 8/31/2006

Did we tailgate next to you at that Kent game? I remember tailgating next to someone from Ohio who had no real connection to the Gophers, but was a fan anyway....

Moniker: dcboe
Hometown: Princeton
Current Address: Marion, Iowa
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - U of St. Thomas (1985)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 40
Season Ticket Holder: Yes. Football. 5. 4
Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus ?? 1975
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. ?? 1977
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. ??, 1975.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game:
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GopherIllustrated, Scout, and RecruitingPlanet.

What I like about GopherHole: The in-depth reports and insightful information provided by GopherLady and others

What I'd like to see enhanced: Recruiting forum for football, hockey, baseball, wrestling and basketball.

Moniker: Anderson8284
Hometown: Rochester
Current Address: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BCivilEngrg - Minnesota (1982) MasterCivilEngrg - Minnesota (1984)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 39
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes, usually - football, usually. Family situation has been difficult in past year.
Season Ticket Holder: No.

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Wisconsin 1977
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Iowa - January 1979
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. UMD, January 1980.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Minnesota vs. MSU, May 1980.
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Hawkeye Report (Iowa Rivals), and various drinking water and security-related sites. Also, Expecting Rain, the main BobDylan site.

What I like about GopherHole: The lively discussions by many personalities. The knowledge base.

What I'd like to see enhanced: Recruiting forum for football and basketball.

Additional Comments: (specificity is welcome) Once again, kudos on doing this each year, DL!

The "noise" on some of the threads can be annoying. That said, there is always the "ignore" fctn! GopherHole is *always* a necessary part of each day. And years where we beat both Iowa and Wisconsin in any sport are "a priori" good ones...

Moniker: MadisonRaisedGopherCrazed
Hometown: Madison, WI
Current Address: St Louis Park, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BS Kinesiology - UofM 2006
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 6
Season Ticket Holder: Not right now.

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota vs. Tulsa - August 2003
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin @ UW Field House - March 1997
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. St Cloud - March 2004
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Minnesota vs. Cal St Fullerton - March 2003.
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: espn.com, halosheaven.com

What I like about GopherHole: Being able to get up to date information without scrolling through tons of websites. Some one always posts it here when they see it somewhere else.

What I'd like to see enhanced: Definantly more info on recruiting. I enjoy the player features of future, present and past gophers....more of those!

Additional Comments: (specificity is welcome) Thanks to the Snowman for doing PPD columns...gives me a reason to come on here and stay up to date on my gopher news.

Moniker: LC19
Native Minnesotan: Nope
Hometown: western WI
Current Address: St Louis Park, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - UW-Eau Claire
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 20
# of years as a Gopher hockey fan: 30
Attend at least one football or hockey game per year: Yes - football and hockey
Season Ticket Holder: Yes - football for 4 years, 2 tixs

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Purdue, 1989
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin @ Madison, 1992
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. North Dakota, 1981.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: None.

Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GopherIllustrated, GopherPucklive

What I like about GopherHole: Free board that has decent activity.

What I'd like to see enhanced: Delete all threads started by Bison fans. They are annoying, and I know a bunch that are huge Gopher fans until NDSU plays them. Annoying. When does your hockey team play??

Additional Comments: Roadtrip to a few hockey games each year, looking to expand that to football next year.

Moniker: Mn Gopher Fan
Hometown: Luverne
Current Address: Minneapolis, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: Current student at the U
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 20
Season Ticket Holder: Yes, Football 2 years with 2 tickets, Basketball 2 years

Attended my first Gopher football game: 2000
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 2003ish MN vrs TT
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 2008
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: MN Scores

What I like about GopherHole: The up-to-date informtion and lively discussions for when i'm bored during class.

What I'd like to see enhanced: More player interviews, over the past year the gopherhole has done a lot more and it's very nice.

Moniker: Hates Monikers
Hometown: Richfield
Current Address: Burnsville
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - Augsburg College
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 36
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes -- both
Season Ticket Holder: 2 season BB tickets for 16 years, 2 FB tickets for one year

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Michigan State, 1980(?)
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. SW Louisiana State (NIT), 1980
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. don't remember, mid-1990s
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Meant to go but haven't
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Strib and Pioneer Press blogs (read but don't post)

What I like about GopherHole: Inside information on big stories faster than the media report it; inside information on thousands of little news bits that the media ignore. Also, it's like a support group of a small, committed number of people suffering from the same, ongoing crisis. My friends just don't understand.

What I'd like to see enhanced: Gopher Lady's text messages, phone calls and e-mails to/from recruits are outstanding. It's one thing to see a recruit's "official" final five, but you learn more by listening to him talk about his offers, visits and interests. Even better than Gopher Lady's longer interviews are her quick communications with recruits to confirm or quell rumors before they get out of hand. More "reporting" like that would be welcome and hugely successful.

Additional Comments: A few posters, while not doing enough to get themselves banned, can make this a hard place to visit sometimes. Either the administrators or the community should keep an ongoing list of the people we will all agree to ignore. I think acting together in silent protest could bore them into leaving.

Moniker: FreakyDeKe
Hometown: St. Paul Park
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BCE - University of Minnesota (2006)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 7
Season Ticket Holder: Yes, 4 seats for football for 3 years.

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Toledo 2002
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Illinois, 2002
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. Colorado College, 2003ish.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Never.
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: I follow posted links to stories from other sites from the Hole.

What I like about GopherHole: I can find anything I need to know about Gopher Football here without going to startribune.com, gopherillustrated.com, etc.

What I'd like to see enhanced: Some kind of Gopher Hole party to put faces to names. Introduce our younger members to the traditions, history and legacies of Gopher athletics.

Additional Comments:

Moniker: Omega015
Hometown: Wheeling, IL
Current Address: Golden Valley, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BS from the U
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 11
Season Ticket Holder: Yes, 10 years, 5 tix

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota vs Houston - 1997
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs Iowa - 2006
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs Michigan - 1997
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Minnesota vs Ohio State(?) - 2004(?)
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: none

What I like about GopherHole: umm...

What I'd like to see enhanced: umm...
Additional Comments: umm...

Moniker: ditt1605
Hometown: Racine, WI
Current Address: Fridley, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - U of M 2002
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 12
Season Ticket Holder: Yes (12yrs total- 7yrs Student tix, 5yrs public)

Attended my first Gopher football game: 1997
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 1997
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 1997
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: not yet

Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: quite a few, but don't really post anywhere.

What I like about GopherHole: great place for Gopher fans to get some info not provided by the other "major" outlets. Like the banter and takes that quite a few people have. Helps keep me engaged with the program during the lulls between events.

What I'd like to see enhanced: specific thread areas (recruiting talk, stadium talk, off topic section). Ability to "vote off" certain people that we know just are trying to cause problems. Also, maybe some stories/promo on the "other sports". I'm always amazed at the lack of hockey talk on the forum.

Moniker: Izatys98
Hometown: Hopkins
Current Address: Maple Grove
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BSB - U of MN (1991), MBA - Carlson School of Mgmt (1995)
# of years as a Gopher football and basketball fan: 35+ - I'd report Gopher sport scores for kindergarten show and tell...
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - both.
Season Ticket Holder: Yes - Football (family since 1975), Basketball (family since 1972), Hockey as a student but not currently.
Attended my first Gopher football game: 1975
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 1972
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Don't recall

Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: None.

What I like about GopherHole: There are some knowledgable people here...

What I'd like to see enhanced: No issues...

Additional Comments: It's all about perspective...

Thank you DL65...EVERYONE POST ON THIS!!!!

Sorry it's taken me so long, I was out of town. It's so nice of you to compile all this information. Please, all you posters - fill this out! It's such a great way to get feedback!

Moniker: Gopherlady
Hometown: Racine, WI (and proud of it)!
Current Address: St. Louis Park
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BS from Minnesota, CSOM. 1/2 through my MBA at CSOM as well.
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 13
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes, every home bball and fball game I'm in the state for. This year, made it to all the BT road football games, and 3 away BT bball games.
Season Ticket Holder: Yes - Football (12 years) and Basketball (11 years)

Attended my first Gopher football game: 1996
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 1997
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 1999 (the first, and the last)
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: 1997 (one of two games I've ever attended)

Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: The only other website I refresh almost as most as GopherHole is facebook.com.

What I like about GopherHole: The community. I have had an opportunity to meet so many great Gopher fans through this site (and trust me, die-hards are hard to find), and some have become some of my closest friends. 5 years ago, I would of had to bribe one of my friends to go to events like the Spring game, signing day, or Midnight Madness...now I actually have Gopher friends that voluntarily go to these events, and I love going with them!

What I'd like to see enhanced: I would LOVE for more people to post. Anytime I meet a someone who reads GH, I ask them if they post. Most just lurk. This board is only as good as it's posters, the more dialogue we have going, with so many different opinions, will just make us stronger. Don't be afraid to post! Trust me, once you start, it's addictive and you can't stop :) I'd also like a chat room, during away bball games, I love sitting on the couch, drinking my Diet Coke, and chatting with Gopher fans.

Additional Comments: Thank you again for doing this, DL65...I really hope many more of our regulars fill this out, and you lurkers...now's the chance to register! I promise, it won't take more than 5 minutes to do it - (unless you really can't type ;).

Moniker: The Big L
Hometown: St. Louis, MO
Current Address: Minneapolis, MN (I can see TCF leaving my apartment each day. It's awesome.)
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: Working on my B.S from the U.
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 3
Season Ticket Holder: Student tickets for Football, Basketball, and Hockey

Attended my first Gopher football game: @ Illinois as a small child, don't remember the year
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 2007, vs Army
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 2008, vs. St. Cloud st.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: never
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Facebook, IMDB

What I like about GopherHole: Discussing Gopher sports with a lot of people with a lot of different opinions.

What I'd like to see enhanced: A large OT board with more variety. That's on the poster's, myself included.

Additional Comments: Am I the youngest so far? Yikes! I hope people won't hold that against me.

Moniker: DrSwerve1978
Hometown: Coon Rapids
Current Address: Kailua, HI
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: NFAS Orlando, NNPTC Charleston, NPTU Ballston Spa
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 22
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: No

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Oregon 2003
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Went to a few in high school (don't remember against who)
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Went to one in high school (don't remember against who)
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: N/A
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GopherIllustrated, Rivals Football Recruiting Board

Moniker: soneillumn
Hometown: Champlin, MN
Current Address: Same
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: B.S.B., CSOM, 2006
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 14
Season Ticket Holder: 7 years football (4 as a student), 5 years basketball (student tickets still)

Attended my first Gopher football game: 1995
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 2003
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 2003
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: 1997
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Facebook, cfn.scout.com

What I like about GopherHole: A great place to post, discuss, and learn more about my favorite teams. Great features by GopherLady and others. Fans from other teams dropping by to give perspective (yes, even LakesBison).

What I'd like to see enhanced: No issues

Additional Comments:

Moniker: MNSnowman
Native Minnesotan: No (moved here in 1971)
Hometown: Chicago area
Current Address: Shoreview, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA & MBA, Drake University

# of years as a Gopher football fan
: 33 years or so

Attend at least one football or basketball game per year
: Yes -- both football and basketball

Season Ticket Holder
: Yes. Football (3 years consecutively; 5 years in total) and Basketball (8 years and bought/shared for a few years before). Share season tickets for Hockey for 9 years.

Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Depends on how much time I have ... during b'ball season, I don't have as much time. After basketball, I'll post on Miata.net, a few local blogs, etc. I'll occasionally visit GI but I'm not that into football recruiting and that seems to be the main gist of the board.

What I like about GopherHole: The sense of community. I've gotten to know a lot of different folks (just online and personally) on GopherHole and it's been fascinating to me how this forum has generated that feeling where other online sites have failed.

What I'd like to see enhanced: I'm pretty satisfied with the site and how it's run. The move to this platform was greatly appreciated.

Additional Comments: (specificity is welcome) Thanks for the survey, DL65. It's always interesting to find out more about folks whose posts you've read and go ... "hmmm, now I understand that comment" or "OMG, I thought that poster was older/younger, etc" :eek:

Moniker: MrGopher
Native Minnesotan: No (parents, grandparents, etc are natives)
Hometown: Johnsburg, IL
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - University of Minnesota (This Fall 2009)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 10-12
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - football, basketball, mens hockey.
Season Ticket Holder: Yes, Football since 2005, Hockey since 2007.

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota vs. Colorado St. 2005
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. NorthDakota St. 2005
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. NorthDakota, 2007.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Minnesota vs. SouthDakotaSt 2008.
Attended my first Gopher wrestling match: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin 2007

What I like about GopherHole: The few folks who take the effort to take, organize and share all their photographs of games, stadium construction, etc. And the input from reasonable fans of other teams, MNBoiler comes to mind....

What I'd like to see enhanced: More discussion about the hockey program, perhaps its own forum to promote this sort of thing. Usually it's pretty stale in the 'other sports forum'. Hockey is not just another sport in Minnesota.

Moniker: goldengun
Hometown: Preston, MN
Current Address: Preston, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BS - South Dakota State

# of years as a Gopher football fan: 20 plus

Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - both football and basketball

Season Ticket Holder: My significant other and her family have season tix for both football and basketball.

Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: scoresandodds.com, facebook.com, espn.go.com, startribune.com

What I like about GopherHole: The fact that no matter what our individual opinions of the moves the gophers make (football and basketball), we all have the same goal in the end. Compete and win championships!

What I'd like to see enhanced: BigTen Scoreboard would be nice.

Additional Comments: I have been a viewer of this site for two years now and finally decided to post.

BilldGopher

Moniker: BilldGopher
Hometown: Marietta, GA
Current Address: Robbinsdale, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BS-UGA (1981); BS-UMn (1992)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 12
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - football.
Season Ticket Holder: Yes - Football; 5 years as a season ticket holder; 2 tickets

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Nebraska 1989
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: none
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: none
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: none
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: CFN; Strib; opponents; B10 Rivals sites

What I like about GopherHole: Recruiting info; deep knowledge of Gopher history; generally flame resistant

What I'd like to see enhanced: I agree with DL's points: More in-depth reports and some about past sports heroes (where they are now, the successes they've enjoyed in the private/public sector since they left the playing fields, and the importance of their college experience in their professional life). Introduce our younger members to the traditions, history and legacies of Gopher athletics.

Additional Comments: I go by "GopherBill" at all other sites; Rivals locked that up when I came here.

Moniker: kramer (formerly known as pullmangopher)
Hometown: Alexandria
Current Address: Spokane, WA
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - Concordia College, Moorhead (2005); Ph.D. - Washington State University (2010)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 10 yrs Basketball: 27 yrs .
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: No - out of state.
Season Ticket Holder: Yes. Football, 2 tickets, since 2001.

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Wisconsin 1999 with Alltimetwinsfan
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Indiana - Milwaukee, 1989
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: N/A.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: N/A.
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GopherIllustrated.

What I like about GopherHole: The breaking news.

What I'd like to see enhanced: Selection Sunday on the payroll and more posts and analysis by Selection Sunday

Additional Comments: Keep up the good work. Been on the Gopherhole since it began years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom