GopherHole's 4th Annual Unscientific Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moniker: RochGopher507
Native Minnesotan: Yes
Hometown: Rochester, Minnesota
Current Address: Rochester, Minnesota
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: Almost done with my BA, September 17th!!
# of years as a Gopher football fan: As long as I can remember
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Try to, haven't made it for a couple years but will be this coming season
Season Ticket Holder: No.

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Iowa, can't remember the year
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: haven't been to the barn yet, hope to make it up there soon though
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Going to my first one this season
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Never been
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Gopher Puck Live

What I like about GopherHole: Everyone has good insight and it's fun to watch the interactions between veteran posters, hope to get to know some of the back stories as time goes on.

What I'd like to see enhanced: I'm too new to have a way to enhance the board but I guess from what I've seen so far I would like to see more on the recruiting of both football and basketball but there is already plenty on that so it's more of a nitpicking thing than anything

survey

Moniker: Maroon92
Hometown: Roseville, MN
Current Address: Rosemount, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - U of M 92
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 30 total-- serious fan 8
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - both
Season Ticket Holder: Yes FB 5 tickets for 4 years

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus ? 1981
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Illinois - 1988
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. ?, December 1982.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Minnesota vs. ? 1990
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GopherIllustrated, Badgernation.com, Hawkeye Report (Iowa Rivals), Rivals, USCHO.com

What I like about GopherHole: I love info from the GopherLady and updates from the Barnyard on the b-ball side

What I'd like to see enhanced: better chat traffic for away games. Maybe a site for ticket exchange for all gopher sports --woul dlove to trade gopher FB for hockey or b-ball etc

Happy to admit all 3 of my kids (ages 12, 10 and 7) have all become diehard Gopher fans even with an influence of Badger blood on my wife's side

Moniker: Rugger14
Native Minnesotan: yes
Hometown: Watertown, MN - Roseville for HS
Current Address: Leavenworth, KS
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA (UM '93), MA (Webster '04)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 32
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: yes
Season Ticket Holder: Football

Attended my first Gopher football game: 1982 - Purdue
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 1977 - Kansas State
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Early 90s SCSU
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: never
Other websites that I frequently post: Scout (Admin), GI, I visit too many to list.

What I like about GopherHole: Features like Gopherlady interviews and the Kiese series

Moniker: ChemEGopher
Hometown: Shoreview, MN
Current Address: Shoreview, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BChE - U of M (May 2009)
# of years as a Gopher basketball AND football fan: 23 (since I can remember).
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes, all home games, both sports.
Season Ticket Holder: Basketball since 2004 (student tix), Football since 2004 (student tix, My Dad has had two season tix since 1980)
Attended my first Gopher football game: Nebraska vs. Minnesota in 1989 is the first one I remember (could be earlier)
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Not sure, sometime in the mid-90's probably
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Not sure, I think it was against some team like Ferris St.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Never been
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Never post anywhere else, read all the Gopher related sites

What I like about GopherHole: GopherLady, Johnny Gopher, and MN Snowman are my faves. I enjoy standing up for the student sections when some posters get too carried away with their criticisms. I enjoy supporting these POVs of the following popular debates: I am pro-Brewster (anti-mediocrity), pro-raised floor, anti-Kentucky basketball talk, pro-Royce White, and I believe we have a very reasonable shot at getting Seantrel Henderson and Harrison Barnes.

What I'd like to see enhanced: I'd like to see an enhanced overall appreciation for the horrible state of the football program that Brewster inherited.

Additional Comments: Gopherhole rocks.

Moniker: grunkiejr
Hometown: Chaska
Current Address: Minneapolis
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BSB Finance - Minnesota - 2002
# of years as a Gopher football fan: Since I was a kid, my most distant memory is the rap song the team made for the Liberty Bowl. I think that was 1986 (maybe '87) so maybe 23 years
Season Ticket Holder: Yes, football 10 years we have a group of 12. I have been a season ticket holder for basketball (5 years) & hockey (4 years) but I am not currently. For a while I was working 60-80 hours/week and I kept missing the mid-week basketball games (my last season of bball tix was when Humphries was here).

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota vs. Purdue mid-90's (1994?)
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 1998 - I couldn't name the opponent
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. North Dakota - 2000
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: 2000 or 2001 - Big Ten game but I couldn't name the opponent
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GopherIllustrated, Rivals.com (Mainboard), ESPN, Strib

What I like about GopherHole: It's a good chance to discuss Gopher sports with people that share my passion for the program(s). The stories from GopherLady are informative and the Kiese/Royce blogs are really great idea to get to know the players. I formerly worked with Robb Litt so I should probably give him a shout out for the work he does with trips down memory lane too--I really enjoyed his piece on Trent Tucker.

What I'd like to see enhanced: It would be great to see more interviews with current players and former players to get to know them on a more personal level. I've read Ray Christensen's Gopher Tales and I'm in the process of reading The Game of My Life and I really like reading about some of the history of the progam. I think small pieces about historic games would be nice to see and it helps me appreciate the current games and rivalries a little more.

Moniker: mnboiler
Hometown: South Central, MN
Current Address: West Lafayette, IN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA- Purdue University 2011
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 21
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - Purdue Style(Football, MBB, WBB, VB)
Season Ticket Holder: Yes, VIP Card(All-Sports for students) 2 seasons

Attended my first Gopher football game: Never(wow, that sounds bad)
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 2003
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Never
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Never
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Gold and Black.com(Purdue Rivals Board)

What I like about GopherHole: the free content, the width of ideas pasted around here, most thread don't become pissing matches, overall civility

What I'd like to see enhanced: a "resident expert" for each Big Ten school to answer question and to say what they see though (insert respective team color's) glass, more TCF talk along with other planned buildings.

Additional Comments: I would just like to thank every other poster on gopherhole for there ideas and comments. Also thank you to those who run the site and those with inside infomation. If anyone has any questions about Purdue or what to do in West Lafayette please ask me.

Ski-U-Mah and BOILER UP!!!

Moniker: Bronko Nagurski Gopher
Hometown: White Bear Lake
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: B.A. - St. John's University - 2002
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 24
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes. Usually both.
Season Ticket Holder: No. Working on that! Would like to be for football.

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin 1989
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Illinois 1990
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin 1987
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Minnesota vs. Ohio State 2007
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Negative - I am a one site kind of guy! Okay, well sometimes Beckyville (a.k.a. Buckyville.com)

What I like about GopherHole: Lively discussion. Insightful information. The inside scoops from some of our posters who have their fingers on the pulse of the gopher athletic programs and recruiting.

What I'd like to see enhanced: Separate recruiting forums for both football and basketball.

What I'd like to see enhanced: Better policing by the site administrators of the various "trolls" who like to spend most of their days on here trying to ruin it for the rest of us (especially becky and hogeye trolls who come here to do nothing but flame). Consider banning serial posters who claim to be gopher fans (you know who they are) interested in talking about the program but whose real agenda is only to slam players, coaches, etc.

Additional Comments: For the most part love the site!

Moniker: Zales04
Hometown: Chisholm, MN
Current Address: Albertville, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: Geological Engineering (2004), Geology (2004), Geophysics (2004) - all U of M
# of years as a Gopher football fan: about 20
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - football.
Season Ticket Holder: Yes - football - 2 tickets - 4 years

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Memphis, 1998
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Russian National Team, 1998
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. Sweden, December 1998.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Minnesota vs. some Big Ten school, May 2003.
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GopherIllustrated, SomethingAwful

What I like about GopherHole: It's been an online Gopher sports home for me for nearly 10 years now

What I'd like to see enhanced: Better moderation.

Moniker: Ski U Mah Gopher
Hometown: St. Paul
Current Address: Eagan Gopher
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: St. Paul College
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 41
Season Ticket Holder: No

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Colorado 1970 (I think)
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. someone 1977
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. someone, November 1979.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Minnesota vs. someone, April 1980
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: TheDailyGopher, GI.

What I like about GopherHole: The myriad of people, info, and opinions.

What I'd like to see enhanced: A little WATN, a Gopher primer (or at least links to the songs and traditions of the U), some short interviews with players and coached (20 question short answer style).

Moniker: Go Gophers Rah
Native Minnesotan: Spent my first 5 years and past 11 years here with stops in Colorado and Kentucky in-between.
Hometown: Waconia, MN
Current Address: Minneapolis, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BS - Western Kentucky University ('93); Master of Public Affairs - U of M ('06)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 11
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Usually (no B-Ball yet this year)
Season Ticket Holder: Yes - Football. '99 & '00 then '03 to present

Attended my first Gopher football game: 1999
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 2001
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 2004
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: College Football News, Scout's Big Ten message board, Iowa's Scout Board

What I like about GopherHole: Getting the inside scoop on info that is about 60% accurate. Discussing the upcoming game, discussing tailgating and other gameday experience stuff. Meeting GopherHolers at tailgating and bowl games.

What I'd like to see enhanced: Seeing the negative people ignored. I think they have a right to be negative, but we don't need to dignify them with any response.

Additional Comments: We should spend some time over the next couple of months developing cheers, etc. for the new stadium and collectively suggest them to the athletic department.

Go Gophers!

Moniker: ilovethebarn
Hometown: Shoreview
Current Address: Maplewood, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - University of MN (Political Science)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 10 Basketball fan 27 years
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes 1 football and All basketball games
Season Ticket Holder: yes Basketball 10 years 2 tickets, hopefully I will be a football season ticket holder with 2 tickets starting this year. I am #13 on the waiting list. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Attended my first Gopher football game: Homecoming versus Michigan State (high school not sure what year)
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: I was probably to young to remember since my parents have been season ticket holders since the early 70's
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Not sure again. Probably while I was in college
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Never have
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Just this one

What I like about GopherHole: I first started coming to gopher hole to get rumors about when Monson was going to be fired. Then the recruiting info that Johnny gopher posted kept me coming back because he was always right. Now I enjoy the games like pick per day or predict the score (thanks snowman!). I like discussing games and griping about basketball and football related topics.

What I'd like to see enhanced: Can't think of anything but whatever does happen I will most likely read it.

Additional Comments:This board is awesome so keep up the great work. Let's plan another gopherhole get together again. I was out of town for the one last year and would love the chance to meet all of you out there.

Moniker: dpodoll68
Native Minnesotan: No
Hometown: Aberdeen, SD
Current Address: Lino Lakes, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA, History, 2002, U of M; BA, Political Science, 2002, U of M; Post-Bac, Secondary Education, 2004, Northern St.; PhD, History, 2015?, U of M
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 11
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Definitely, both
Season Ticket Holder: football, off and on for 6 years; basketball, all 4 undergrad years
Attended my first Gopher football game: 1998 vs. Arkansas St.
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 1998 vs. Oregon
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Tons (I spend way too much time on the internet), but the most frequent are wikipedia, ESPN, gopherhole.com, thedailygopher.com, wwtdd.com, gorillamask.net
What I like about GopherHole: The ability to catch breaking updates as they happen, without having to pay for it. A unique insight into the life and times of the Gopher programs. "Insider info" from Johnny Gopher and others.
What I'd like to see enhanced: Chat room. Better moderation. Increased interaction with fans of other Big Ten teams, perhaps through some sort of network. Section on Gopher history, fight songs, factoids, etc. More on recruiting, perhaps a "Come to the U" board like others have mentioned.
Additional Comments: The site is getting better all the time, keep it up Nadine & Co.!

Moniker: Gopherguy05
Hometown: St. Paul
Current Address: Little Canada, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA in Geology - Lawrence University (2005)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 20, Basketball 20, Hockey 22
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - football and hockey
Season Ticket Holder: Officially No, but I "own" two of GoAUpher's Football tickets...

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Iowa 2006
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Michigan State , Early 1990's
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin, October 1987
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Minnesota vs.NDSU Spring 2006
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Gopher Puck Live, KFAN, Buckyville,

What I like about GopherHole: Good place to talk Gopher sports where 98% of the people are willing to have conversation not flame and run like other boards...

What I'd like to see enhanced: Recruiting boards would be good, in game chat rooms

Additional Comments: Go Gophers!!

Moniker: bigtenchamps1899
Native Minnesotan: no
Hometown: turlock, california
Current Address: wrigleyville, chicago
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: ba: history and latin-university of minnesota. ma: university of chicago. (2009)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: four years
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: nope

Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: scout, gi, drudge

What I like about GopherHole: i like the rumors.

Additional Comments: sometimes posters (myself included) forget to keep things in perspective.

Moniker: rovert M
Hometown: Eau Claire, WI
Current Address: St. Louis Park, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: Mechanical Eng. – University of Minnesota (2008)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 6
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes – football (and hockey).
Season Ticket Holder: Yes. (Football, since 2004, 4 tickets)

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Tulsa 2003 (have attended 46 games total)
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. ?, 2003 (have attended 8 games total)
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin, March, 1992. (have attended 104 games total)
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Have not attended a Gopher Baseball game. (have attended 22 other Gopher games: whky, vb, wbkball)
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: gopherpucklive.com.

What I like about GopherHole: The general news on the Gophers that you don’t see elsewhere. Interviews with current, future, and past players. The info others can share about their experiences on past away trips, and seeing who is going to upcoming away games. General analysis on the games.<O:p

What I'd like to see enhanced: Weekly and post game press conference/interview videos. A weekly feature on a current Gopher seniors (favorite memories, what they’d like to say to fans, best part about being a Gopher, funny off the field stories or memories with teammates etc). A ticket exchange forum.

Additional Comments: Thanks Zalec for introducing me to this site 5+ years ago. Thanks DL65 for putting this survey together.

Moniker: Jike Spingleton
Hometown: Fresno, CA
Current Address: New Orleans, LA
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - University of Minnesota (2002)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 10
Season Ticket Holder: Yes - Football, going into 10th year (counting student section), 5 tickets

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota at Illinois 1991
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota at Northwestern 2003
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. Michigan Tech 2000
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Minnesota vs. UCLA 1997
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Don't post anywhere else - read GPL, Dodgerthoughts.com

What I like about GopherHole: Insightful football commentary from Nine, insider info from Johnny and athletics communications critiques by Husker...bga and G4L frolicking through their own little worlds on the off-topic board...the complexities of the on-going romance between GopherLady and NateDawg...Studwell's Sunday Night Video...the PUMPED POLL (R.I.P. Tipsy).

What I'd like to see enhanced: Relaxation of the policy against a poster faking his own death...a resolution to the standoff between Gutter Helmet and Detlef From The Essen Haus (give us back our Slab of Bacon!)...more quality visiting fans (such as the two MN Boiler fans, UWOle, STPHawk), and not to contradict, but quicker moderator response to people whose only goal is to stir the pot (Loon, BIOV, Pantherhawk, Lakesbison, etc.).

Additional Comments: A dropoff of nearly 50 responses from 2007 to 2008? Did Wisconsin cool on this survey?

Moniker: norman dale
Hometown: Granite Falls. Pejuhutatzizi
Current Address: Savage
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BS & PharmD - U of M
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 20+
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year:
Season Ticket Holder: 11 years football, 6 years basketball but not at present
Attended my first Gopher football game: October 1990
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: December 1981
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: November 1991

Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: The Daily Gopher, Down with Goldy, buckyville.com, numerous rivals.com & scout.com collegiate message boards, chowhound.com along with other numerous food related blogs, diehards.org, MSN money message boards,

What I like about GopherHole: numerous people I've met through this board, the advent of the off-topic board, DetlefwiththeEssenHaus

What I'd like to see enhanced: the anti-Bison spyware on this site

Additional Comments: (specificity is welcome) Who is this GopherLady that everyone references in their responses? Studwell55 is an acquired taste. I admit I'm still not over that football loss to Michigan in 2003.

Moniker: Saskatchewan Gopher
Hometown: Albert Lea
Current Address: rural Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BS, Biology, 1989, UW-Stevens Point; MS, Zoology, 1993, NDSU; PhD, Biology, 1998, U of Dayton
# of years as a Gopher fan: Since a little kid, 30+
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Unfortunately, no, live too far away
Season Ticket Holder: No
Attended my first Gopher football game: Never
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Never
Attended my first Gopher Wrestling match: 1982
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Any that have Gopher news
What I like about GopherHole: The ability to catch breaking updates as they happen, insider info, and rumours, and great interviews from the GopherHole staff.
What I'd like to see enhanced: Seems pretty good to me as it is.
Additional Comments: Great Job.

Moniker: Go4
Hometown: Minneapolis
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: History degree from The U
# of years as a Gopher fan: Since a little kid, 30 or so
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes
Season Ticket Holder: Yes, football
Attended my first Gopher football game: 1975
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 1974

Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GopherHole for all Gopher news, love it

What I like about GopherHole: All of the interviews and the variety of opinions and views. Great personalities on this site.
What I'd like to see enhanced: A chat room
Additional Comments: Great site and great stories and interviews

Moniker: RE3886
Hometown: Duluth
Current Address: Duluth
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - University of Minnesota (1991) Bethel University (2007)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 33(Substitute basketball, if it's your primary interest).
Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota Vs. Illinois 1985
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Indiana 1987
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. U.S. International 1988
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Minnesota vs. Iowa 1988
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Gopher Puck Live

What I like about GopherHole: The "News", Views, and entertainment provided.

What I'd like to see enhanced: Seperate recruiting from other threads. Have a seperate forum for the things like football genearal, football recruiting, and off-topic stuff.

Moniker: MaxyJR1
Hometown: St. Peter
Current Address: North St. Paul, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BS - U of M Twin Cities (2001)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 23 (Substitute basketball, if it's your primary interest).
Season Ticket Holder: Yes. 11 years- Football, two tickets.

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Ball State 1995
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Cincinnati, December 1994
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. UND, 1996.
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Facebook :)

What I like about GopherHole: The free info and general updates. Covers my Gopher fix.

What I'd like to see enhanced: Idiots from posting.

Additional Comments: Keep up the good work.

Moniker: coachswede
Hometown: Edina
Current Address: Bloomington, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - St. Olaf(2000)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 27
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - football & basketball & hockey
Season Ticket Holder: Yes. Football (tickets in family since 1950's) and Basketball (1993)

Attended my first Gopher football game: I am being told 1979.
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 1987
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 1993
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: 1989
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GopherIllustrated, Scout, Maxpreps

What I like about GopherHole: The discussions on recruiting, and the different ideas (good & bad) batted around on how to run an offense/defense.
What I'd like to see enhanced: nothing coming to mind

Go Gophers!!

Moniker: aerosk83
Hometown: Rapid City, SD
Current Address: Ann Arbor, MI
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - Psychology, U of M (2006), B.S.Ed. Chemistry, University of South Dakota (2008), MA- Educational Administration and Policy, University of Michigan (Will complete April, 2009)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 7
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - football and basketball.

Attended my first Gopher football game: 2002
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 2004 maybe?
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 2006
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GopherIllustrated, Rivals

What I like about GopherHole: I like many of the interviews being done and the info that certain posters have access to

Moniker: monk10
Hometown: Houston, Tx via Wisconsin
Current Address: Vadnais Heights
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA-Kalamazoo College, MSSE - U. Minn
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 11 Years
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - football and basketball
Season Ticket Holder: Yes (football - 4years)

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota vs Cupcake City.
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Purdue
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: N/A
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: N/A
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: N/A
What I like about GopherHole: The fan intensity. The support for players. The ribbing of other programs who come to visit.

What I'd like to see enhanced: Fan knowledge.

Additional Comments: (specificity is welcome)

Moniker: That Guy
Hometown: Rapid City, SD
Current Address: Rogers, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA UW-LaCrosse
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 10
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - football
Season Ticket Holder: Yes (football - 6years)

Attended my first Gopher football game: In the 90's
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: In the 90's
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: N/A
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: N/A

What I like about GopherHole: News that you can't get anywhere else.

What I'd like to see enhanced:

Additional Comments: (specificity is welcome)

Moniker: 16FeetUnder
Hometown: Polonia, WI
Current Address: Saint Paul, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: Bachelor of Civil Engineering - University of Minnesota - Twin Cities (2005)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 8
Season Ticket Holder: Yes, Football - 2 tickets - 4 years

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Louisiana-Lafayette 2001
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Georgia State 2008
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. Denver, October 2004.
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Gopherhole.com, Rivals.com, Scout.com, ESPN.com, Gophersports.com

What I like about GopherHole: Good information and a casual attitude (usually). The interviews are very much appreciated.

What I'd like to see enhanced: The degree to which the negetivity has to get before someone is banned doesn't seem strict enough to me. If someone is on here to degrade our program, that should be enough for a ban in my mind. Playing devils advocate is ok, but certain individuals take it much too far and should be removed from the site. I have seen users get banned from other teams' forums for much less than what seems to be accepted on this site.

Moniker: MGGopher (Formerly Gopherinhawaii)
Hometown: Shoreview, MN
Current Address: Maple Grove, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA-Univ Northern Iowa (2001); MEd-Univ of Hawaii (2004)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: MY WHOLE LIFE! Started seriously following 18 years ago
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - all home football games; usually at least one bball game.
Season Ticket Holder: Yes, 2 years, football, 2 tickets. (This will be my third year and we're adding a third ticket).

Attended my first Gopher football game: I THINK 1993 @ Iowa
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Don't remember...maybe early 90's (at Iowa)
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Never been.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Never been.
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: No other Gopher sites, but I visit these others daily: battleyourtailoff.com (Twins board), startribune.com, minnesotapreps.com, facebook, and slickdeals.net

What I like about GopherHole: I really only use the message boards. Within that, the community of Gopher supporters is my favorite part. It's great to be able to interact with folks who enjoy the "highs" and suffer through the "lows" like I do...and basically live and die Gopher sports (especially football). I also love the great recruiting discussions around that time of year and the fact that there's "news" and discussion pretty much around the year.

What I'd like to see enhanced: Nothing major. The switch to the new boards has been awesome, so thanks for that! Honestly, I'd like to see quicker identification and banning of trolls. I don't mind established posters voicing dissent--I mean, nobody's going to be 100% happy with the program 100% of the time. That said, people who show up suddenly and spew nothing but negativity in 90% of their posts have no place here...they do nothing but frustrate and antagonize.

Moniker: Gophers09
Hometown: Minneapolis
Current Address: Oxford, OH
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: Engineering, Miami University (2011)
# of years as a Gopher fan: 12
Season Ticket Holder: Yes, football (8 seasons, 15 in our group, we have 3)

Attended my first Gopher football game: 1998 - Arkansas State
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 2003 - Oral Roberts
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 2003 - North Dakota
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: 1996 - Nebraska
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Gopherillustrated, ESPN

What I like about GopherHole: Being able to share and view opinions. Also, the in-depth and/or "inside" information from a number of contributing members.

What I'd like to see enhanced: I guess less "trolls" and more interviews.

Moniker: Studwell55
Native Minnesotan: More or less.
Hometown: My license says somewhere in north-central MN.
Current Address: I can see the ocean.
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: Yes.
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 20 plus! **I LOVE GOPHER FOOTBALL!!**
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: You bet.
Season Ticket Holder: Studwell Sr. for a number of years.
Attended my first Gopher football game: 1982 home loss to Northwestern.
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Gophers at Purdue during the Fat Years.
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 1984 or so, home win against Michigan Tech.

Other websites that I frequently visit: www.midgetsingophergear.com

What I like about GopherHole: Met some great people, woke up in some strange places, mooched off of some wonderful tailgaters. Jike, GoldysArmy, NormanDale, Nate, GopherLady, Spermophilus, Snowblower, Lloyd, Tipsy, Kelly. Sorry if I left anybody off.

What I'd like to see enhanced: the corpses of Lloyd, Tipsy and Kelly. Gone but not forgotten!

Additional Comments: GopherHole pretty much sucks now. Oh, the memories!

I love Gopher football!

Moniker: Goph4phan
Hometown: Chaska, MN
Current Address: Grand Forks, ND
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: Physical Education/Exercise Science (graduate in May)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 6 years
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - basketball.

Attended my first Gopher football game: N/A Watch them all on TV.
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 2000
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: UND vs. Minnesota 2005
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Facebook, Craigslist, Emails, etc.

What I like about GopherHole: The differing personalities. Some bring fun and keep things spicy (Studwell, KellyLeeks(RIP), Jike, etc), some bring information (Bleed, GL, Johnny, Admins), and the rest of us just know-it-all.

What I'd like to see enhanced: More information regarding recruits, especially basketball and football, but I understand that there is only so much a free - non profit site can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom