GopherHole's 4th Annual Unscientific Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL65

Reaction score
It's time to introduce and reintroduce GopherHolers to one another through my annual unscientific survey. We have many new members as well as a large coningent of veteran posters that visit and post on the football and basketball forums. Hopefully most of you will participate in the survey. Success of the informative, fun survey is dependent upon your participation. I also hope to attract visitors from other Gopher web sites and that they'll jump in and enjoy the experience of being a GopherHoler. So, spread the word, if you're so inclined.

We have several fans of other teams that visit and positively contribute to the discourse on both forums. To visiting Boilers, Hawkeyes, Badgers, Buckeyes, etc., you're encouraged to answer the survey questions (as they relate to your school) as well. After all, you also help to make GopherHole what it is . . . a great place to share comments and gain information related to football and basketball, especially as it relates to Golden Gopher athletics.

REQUESTS: Practice the Golden Rule. Treat each other and visitors as guests and with respect; the way you'd want to be treated. Please post your comments about the survey in other threads, for the survey thread will become quite large. (228 responded in 2007 and 179 participated last year) If you have six months or less until your next birthday, please round up to your next age. And, if you're presently working toward a degree, please list the type of degree being sought.

This year's unscientific survey has three components: 1) demographics; 2) anecdotal information; and 3) site-related comments for the GopherHole Admins consideration.

Survey results will be posted in a couple weeks.

This year's survey questions:

Moniker: DL65
Native Minnesotan: Yes
Hometown: Detroit Lakes
Current Address: Knoxville, Iowa
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - Moorhead State College (1969)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 55 (Substitute basketball, if it's your primary interest).
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - football.
Season Ticket Holder: No. (if yes, please list the sport(s), #of years as a season ticket holder, and the #of tickets.

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Indiana 1959
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin - Milwaukee, December 1972
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin, December 1972.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Minnesota vs. Illinois, May 1973.
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GopherIllustrated, Scout, Hawkeye Report (Iowa Rivals), and RecruitingPlanet.

What I like about GopherHole: The lively discussions by many personalities. The in-depth reports and insightful information provided by GopherLady, cduff, parkinglotgopher, Johnny Gopher, Bleedgopher, grunkiejr, bayfieldgopher, husker70, et al.

What I'd like to see enhanced: Recruiting forum for football and basketball. More in-depth reports and some about past sports heroes (where they are now, the successes they've enjoyed in the private/public sector since they left the playing fields, and the importance of their college experience in their professional life). Introduce our younger members to the traditions, history and legacies of Gopher athletics.

Additional Comments: (specificity is welcome)

Go Gophers!!

Moniker: Stan
Hometown: Hector, MN
Current Address: Plymouth, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - U of Minnesota, Business
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 30
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - basketball, football and hockey.
Season Ticket Holder: Yes - basketball (10 years), football (14 years)

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin 1977
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Ohio State 1978
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. UMD 1975
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Minnesota vs. Purdue 1989
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: ESPN, Rube Chat

What I like about GopherHole: I love all of the passion and the people who provide great analysis and information as well as links. It's great to have other passionate Gopher fans to share with. I also appreciate all of the interviews and stories that the writers do for GH.

What I'd like to see enhanced: I would love to see a chat room.

Moniker: gopher1more
Hometown: Little Falls
Current Address: Elk River, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: Bs - Bemidji State University (1983)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 25 basketball 38.
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - basketball.
Season Ticket Holder: No.
Attended my first Gopher football game: 1983
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 1972
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 1991.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game:
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post:

What I like about GopherHole: The insightful information provided by GopherLady, Johnny Gopher, grunkiejr, bayfieldgopher, husker70. The predict a score challenge for basketball.

What I'd like to see enhanced: Recruiting forum for football and basketball. More in-depth reports and some about past sports heroes (where they are now, the successes they've enjoyed in the private/public sector since they left the playing fields, and the importance of their college experience in their professional life). Introduce our younger members to the traditions, history and legacies of Gopher athletics. I copied and pasted this from DL65 as I agree with all of his ideas.

Additional Comments: (specificity is welcome) The bickering between some parties gets old at times and would like to see a limit if possible to this pettiness.

Alright! I love this survey! Mods: PLEASE THUMBTACK!

Moniker: MinnMarchDTF
Native Minnesotan: No
Hometown: Cincinnati, OH
Current Address: Springfield, MO (going to the U for college)
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BS- Electrical Engineering (2010)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 2, but a Big Ten fan my whole life
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - football and basketball
Season Ticket Holder: No

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota vs. Temple, 2006
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Winona State- 2006
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin, December 2006.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: have yet to do so
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Collegefootballnews.com

What I like about GopherHole: Hearing a great amount of opinions about a gopher sports, et al. I'm sure all of (or at least the greater majority of) you guys and gals would be great to share a beer with.

What I'd like to see enhanced: A token page for recruits/parents where we give our desires for them to come to the great University of Minnesota, so like a recruiting page

Additional Comments: While I'm sure we all disagree at some point, I think that we share a common goal: getting the gophers back to Pasadena/the Final Four(without cheating). We have different ideas about how it should happen, but when the day comes, I think we will all be there to support our young men.

In addition, as a member of the marching band, I hope many on this board enjoy our shows/plaza sets/pep bands. We all love our gophers as much as you do, and we hope you like us as well as the athletic teams.

Thanks for doing this, DL65!

Moniker: BEGopher
Hometown: Wheaton
Current Address: Mons, Belgium
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: None
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 40
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: No, I'm not in the US often
Attended my first Gopher football game: I hope to soon
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Nebraska - December 2001
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Nope
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Nope
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GopherIllustrated, Scout, Vikings Update.

What I like about GopherHole: It's a great way to get a little more in depth info verses the Strib or PP. Also, love the recruiting news!

What I'd like to see enhanced: The win loss record, duh.

Additional Comments: Go Gophers!!!!!!

Moniker: Pewterschmidt
Hometown: Stillwater
Current Address: Houston, TX
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BS -Management Information Systems - U of Wisconsin-LaCrosse (2002)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 22
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes to both
Season Ticket Holder: Yes (football - 5 years - 12 in our group but I buy 2 of them)
Attended my first Gopher football game: 1988 v Iowa
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 1989 v Purdue (Actually attended an exhibition game in Ghent, Belgium against a club team in the fall of 1993. My Dad and I were the only Americans in the gym other than the Gophers. Pretty cool experience for a basketball-obsessed 14 yo to hang around the players and coaches before and after the game of my favorite college team).
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 1997 (I think. Can't remember the opponent)
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: 1999 (actually in Ames, IA)

What I like about GopherHole: The info from specific posters and the interviews

What I'd like to see enhanced: More discourse on the message boards. Enforcement of trolls.

Moniker: RailBaronYarr
Hometown: Lakeville, MN
Current Address: Lakeville, MN (just bought a house!)
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BS- Mechanical Engineering (May 2007)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 13
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - football, basketball, and hockey
Season Ticket Holder: Still student season tickets, may continue as I return to school this fall

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota vs. Illinois, 1996
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Iowa, 2004
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. North Dakota, November 2003
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Never
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Too many.

What I like about GopherHole: Getting up to date news, stories from older/younger fans, reactions to games, opinions on all things Gopher sports (including the Marching Band), much more.

What I'd like to see enhanced: The number of people active on the board. I realize there are only so many Gopher fans who also happen to be the type to frequent message boards, but the more opinions the better. It took me a bit to find Gopherhole when I first started doing sports message boards.

Additional Comments: This site has been an AMAZING source of information about recruiting, stadium updates, insight in to the team, etc. I am excited to see it continue to grow and improve as our athletic department does.

I'd also like to shout out for the band. It can't be said enough how hard they work each week, support the team (even the ones many people don't) and ask nothing in return except people to get into it as much as they do. Keep up the good work in the new stadium!

Moniker: mggoph
Hometown: Jasper, MN
Current Address: Maple Grove, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - University of South Dakota, MBA - USD
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 9
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes
Season Ticket Holder: Yes, 2 tix for 5 yrs now

Attended my first Gopher football game: 2002
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 1976
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 1998
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: have yet to do so
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Gopher Illustrated, Scout, The Daily Gopher, Recruiting Planet

What I like about GopherHole: The in-depth reports and insightful information provided by GopherLady, Johnny Gopher, Bleedgopher, grunkiejr, TC Hawk, Minnesota Boiler, GV Badger, et. al (all who provide objective analysis without resorting to trolling)

What I'd like to see enhanced: More features such as those provided by Gopher Lady. Anything recruiting related.

Additional Comments: Hoping that this forum doesn't spiral into the perpetual name-calling forum that Kent's strib blog has become.

Thanks as always DL65!!!

Moniker: BleedGopher
Hometown: Grew up in Plymouth, MN but spent time as a youth in Tulsa, OK, and Reedsburg, WI
Current Address: Maple Grove, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - University of Kansas; MBA - San Diego State University
# of years as a Gopher football and basketball fan: 31
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - football and basketball
Season Ticket Holder: Yes (Basketball - 5 years) (Football - 5 years)

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Ohio State 1978
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Iowa 1978
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. UMD 1985
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: A few financial sites (early-retirement.org, MSN Money, bogleheads.org), Tennis.com, a Siberian Husky site, etc.

What I like about GopherHole: Wow, well, where to start...first and foremost the amazing friends I have met through this site. I have been very fortunate to meet some people through GH that I consider lifelong friends. I also just love sharing a passion for the maroon and gold with like-minded and die-hard Gopher fans. Of course all of the game analysis, inside information, etc. and I also enjoy how often I laugh when I read posts...we have a very diverse, smart and funny community and often find myself laughing out loud at various lines, comments. Also, I have thouroughly enjoyed writing the "where are they now" series on former Gopher greats. I believe I have written between 40-50 of these through the years as I am a big Gopher history nut.

What I'd like to see enhanced: The site continues to grow and is new records for hits, views and posts each month for the past 15-16 months straight which is great. There are so many "lurkers" and I would like to see more of these lurkers become active posters as new insight and analysis is always appreciated.

Additional Comments: DL65, thanks as always for putting this together and for the analysis and thanks to everyone for participating!!

Go Gophers!!

Moniker: Gopher In Qatar
Hometown: Bismarck, ND
Current Address: Doha, Qatar
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BS - University of Mary
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 40 (Substitute basketball, if it's your primary interest).
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - football when I am home.
Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Ohio State 1989
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Northwestern, February 1998
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: N/A
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: N/A
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Anything not blocked by Qatar censors
What I like about GopherHole: The people, I hope I can meet a few at a football game this fall.

What I'd like to see enhanced: No complaints here

Moniker: GoAUpher
Hometown: Detroit Lakes, MN
Current Address: Madison, WI
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA (Psychology) – Lawrence University, Appleton, WI
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 8 yrs football, 13 yrs b-ball
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Football – Yes; Bball/Hockey whenever I can
Season Ticket Holder: 6 yrs Football (4 years of a single “student” ticket thanks to friends at U; 2 years of full season tickets w/ 4 seats)

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota vs. Michigan, 11/9/02
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Georgia, 11/30/02
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota @ Wisconsin, 1/12/07
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: The Daily Gopher and too many others.

What I like about GopherHole: Feeding the need for Gopher info which living in Madison denies me, hearing other posters well thought out (and sometimes not so well thought out) opinions and thoughts about Gopher related topics, the community of Gopher supporters.

What I'd like to see enhanced: Not sure…reserve the right to update this. :)

Additional Comments: I’ve really appreciated the info the staff of GH gives us plus the stadium/team/recruiting info and updates that those close to the TCF project and team provide.

I would also like to suggest a few new categories for the survery:
Best/Most fun Gopher football game I’ve attended: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin, 11/8/03, Watching Rhys sprint to grab the Axe was fantastic! Close 2nd would have to be MN vs. Purdue, 9/24/05 (Double OT Homecoming Win).
Best/Most fun Gopher basketball game I’ve attended: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin, 2/5/05, when Vincent Grier scored as many points in the 2nd half as the entire Badger team. That plus Monson’s awesome gold sport coat borrowed from a Century 21 agent. Close 2nd would have to be MN vs. Georgia, 11/30/02. My 1st Gopher game at The Barn + hearing the place at it’s loudest, rocking best + Bauer hitting a 3 to win it at the buzzer…unbelievable!
Best Gopher memory to date: Getting to Tour TCF Stadium with my buddy Andy this past November. I can’t wait until the U sends out the seat selection info next month!!!

Moniker: dwminn
Hometown: Parkers Prairie
Current Address: Hartford Connecticut
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: MBA University of Wisconsin
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 50
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - football.
Season Ticket Holder: No. (if yes, please list the sport(s), 1

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Ohio State 1970
Attended my first Gopher basketball game:
Attended my first Gopher hockey game:
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GopherIllustrated,

What I like about GopherHole: Johnny Gopher and the other inside information I can get

Moniker: NCGO4
Hometown: Hibbing
Current Address: Charlotte, NC
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 59
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: No.
Season Ticket Holder: No. (if yes, please list the sport(s), 1

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota Purdue 1958
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 1967
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 1967

What I like about GopherHole: Willingness of people to post thoughts and rumors. Especially knowing they may get roasted.

what I Like least: The occasional personal nature of the sniping.

Moniker: RoyalGO4
Hometown: Royalton, MN
Current Address: Minneapolis, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA-Albion College MI (2003), MS(Immunology)-U of MN (2006), MD-U of MN (2011)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: Basketball-20, Football-12
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Football – Yes, both
Season Ticket Holder: Football-3 years as non-student

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota at Michigan State 2002
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Sometime 2004
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Sadly not yet
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GI.com, The Superficial, Dystat, Trackshark.

What I like about GopherHole: The opinions of those that are objective, the news from those with actual sources, seeing the "interesting perspective of some" that makes me appreciate my grasp on sanity

What I'd like to see enhanced: Make it so having more than one tab of message boards open does not crash other tabs open to other sites

Moniker: highwayman
Hometown: Dassel, South St. Paul, and Woodbury, MN
Current Address: East Bethel, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - Augsburg College (2 years at U before)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 40
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes
Season Ticket Holder: Yes - football (11 years)

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota vs. Ohio State 1969
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Illinois 1972 (clinched tie for Big Ten title)
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. Colorado College 1981
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Minnesota vs. Michigan (1977)
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: blogspot

What I like about GopherHole: Inside info, solid rumor, but mostly gopherfaith

What I'd like to see enhanced: get rid of/archive old threads

Moniker: Gopherinphilly
Hometown: Spencer, IA
Current Address: Blue Bell, PA
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BAs - U of Minnesota, Business, Economics & Mathematics
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 25

Attended my first Gopher football game: 1983 Minnesota vs Ohio U
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 1985 Minnesota vs Michigan
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 1985 (I think) MN vs St. Lawrence?
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Yahoo Sports, Scout, Rivals, StarTrib

What I like about GopherHole: I stay connected when I live so far away

What I'd like to see enhanced: This works for me.

Moniker: WAGopher
Hometown: Cambridge
Current Address: Everett, WA
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 38.

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota vs. Ohio, September 1970.
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. North Dakota, December 1970.
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. Minnesota Duluth, January 1971.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: 1978.
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Visit others, but only post on GopherHole.

What I like about GopherHole: The different points of view from Gopher fans. I seem to learn something new each day I visit.

What I'd like to see enhanced: Better moderation to help limit the arguing that sometimes occurs. Differing opinions are good, but 5 or 6 rounds of sniping is a little much.

Moniker: WilliamsArenaGuy
Hometown: Tyler, MN
Current Address: Savage, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - Augsburg College; M. Ed - St. Mary's
# of years as a Gopher football and basketball fan: 33
Season Ticket Holder: Yes (Basketball and Football)

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota vs.Michigan 1987 (DT's 98 yard run)
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Iowa 1989
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: none
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: The few posts I make on here are plenty.

What I like about GopherHole: It's where I get nearly all my Gopher related info. I have been around a long time, so I know who to read and who to ignore.

What I'd like to see enhanced: I didn't think I would, but I love the new format.

Moniker: Maverick
Hometown: Lake Crystal, MN
Current Address: Mankato, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - U of M;
# of years as a Gopher football and basketball fan: 35
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes -
Season Ticket Holder: Yes (Football)

Attended my first Gopher football game: 1994
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 2003
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: none (I gotta root for my hometeam, MSU Mavericks here! Gophers are a close #2 in my book!)
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Mostly a lurker. Read news and sports regularly.

What I like about GopherHole: Almost everything, but especially the optimism and enthusiasm I detect in most. I don't understand how peole can be so negative. There is a golden lining in everything, and when you find that elusive chunk of gold,you can appreciate it even more because of the effort. I love the Gophers!

What I'd like to see enhanced: I wish people would ignore the posters that are intentionally baiting and looking for a fight..... Why feed their ego?

Moniker: Runner616
Hometown: Bricelyn
Current Address: St. Paul, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - Hamline (2007)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 13.
Season Ticket Holder: No. (if yes, please list the sport(s), #of years as a season ticket holder, and the #of tickets.

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Indiana 1999
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin - Milwaukee, December 1972
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin, December 1972.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Minnesota vs. Illinois, May 1973.
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GopherIllustrated, Scout, TheDailyGopher

What I like about GopherHole: Interviews from recruits & players, catching up on the latest recruiting info, & general gopher fb talk
What I'd like to see enhanced: Where are they now?, interviews with current players, some more in-depth analysis of games

Moniker: GoldenGuts
Hometown: Sioux Falls, SD although I consider Rosemount, MN my home town since i lived there almost my entire life
Current Address: Minneapolis
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - U of M (2005)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 24 (Substitute basketball, if it's your primary interest).
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes both
Season Ticket Holder: Yes, Football and Basketball

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Nebraska 1989 in the dome
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Iowa - Jan 1989 in the barn
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. North Dakota 1989 in the old arena.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Minnesota vs. dont remember the team 1996.
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GopherIllustrated, Scout, d3hoops

What I like about GopherHole: Free info that is usually informative, accurate and fresh

What I'd like to see enhanced: Recruiting lists like other sites with other offers and info on the player

Moniker: GopherRock
Hometown: Albertville
Current Address: Albertville
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BCE, University of Minnesota, spring 2007
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 12
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - both
Season Ticket Holder: Yes. Football, 7 seasons (5 student, 2 regular), 2 tickets.

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota vs. Toledo, 9/14/02
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Georgia, 11/30/02
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. Maine, NCAA Tournament, 3/26/05.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: ***none***
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: CollegeFootballNews.com, Buckyville to stir the pot, and a few other Scout forums.

What I like about GopherHole: As someone else noted, just about everything. I like the new board format, getting away from Yuku. I like the diversity of opinions, and that (most of the time) we can express them without ripping the other person to shreds. I like Snowman's Pick Per Day. I like Hodger, our in-house bracketologist. When I was living out in Seattle, I relied on this place for 95% of my Gopher information. And maybe not so much about the Hole, but Gophers: The band. You guys rock!

What I'd like to see enhanced: On the rare occasions that arguments do get personal, be quick to put a muzzle on it. Otherwise, you're doing an excellent job!

Moniker: Gopher07
Hometown: St. Paul, MN
Current Address: Boston, MA
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - University of Minnesota-TC (2007), MS - Boston University (Jan 2009)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 6
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - football
Season Ticket Holder: Yes, football, 2 tickets

Attended my first Gopher football game: 2003
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 2003
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 2003
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GopherIllustrated, JJHuddle.com (Ohio sports)

What I like about GopherHole: Breadth of fans that are here

What I'd like to see enhanced: Less bickering among the members here, more Big Ten action, more fans from other schools

survey

Gopherjay
no
Waipahu HI
Savage
B.A. U of M
Since 1977
At least several, all football
Football since 1979, student. 1982 public
Football, 1977
basketball, 79,80?
hockey, 81,82?
baseball, 96,97?
I would like to see more of the younger fans like involved students. Like all the posters except the phony ones and your easy to spot.

Moniker: runningopher
Hometown: Sauk Centre, MN
Current Address: Brooklyn Park, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: 1992 - U of M - Twin Cities; BS - Civil Engineering
# of years as a Gopher football and basketball fan: 30 years
Season Ticket Holder: Yes, football, 2 years, 2 tickets

Attended my first Gopher football game: 1984 vs. Michigan State
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 1990?
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 1990?
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Rivals, Scout, ESPN, Cbssports

What I like about GopherHole: Good insight from several of the posters including GopherLady, grunkiejr, snowman, selectionsunday, etc.

What I'd like to see enhanced: More loyalty to the coaches and players; realizing that they are still 18-22 year olds kids with a whole bunch of pressure on them; less bickering between posters.

Moniker: VACTERL
Hometown: Edina
Current Address: Washington, DC
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - University of Minnesota (2005), MS - Georgetown University (2007), MD - also Georgetown (in progress - 2011)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 15
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Nope.
Season Ticket Holder: Nope. Had 'em for football and hockey during college though.

Attended my first Gopher football game: Don't remember the year, but my first two games I remember going to were vs San Diego State (Marshall Faulk) and Penn State (Ki-Jana Carter).
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs Furman (ha) musta been 5 years ago (my first and only Gopher BBall game.
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Wow. Dunno. Been to a lot; don't remember my first.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: I hear they're good.
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Gopher Puck Live and USHSHO (US high school hockey online) AND UO GAMERS HYBRID (ha, anyone know UO? I don't actually play anymore, but I can't stay away).
What I like about GopherHole: Gopher Lady for sure - has she ever posted a picture?? I'm sure we're all curious! I really mainly came across this site and come back to it for the recruiting info - but there's a lot of other good stuff. I love to hear the current news about the team and players.

What I'd like to see enhanced: I don't like the main forum page - the one that organizes all the threads...

Additional Comments: People get way too defensive... about everything. Everyone's gotta chill a little bit. Eh such is the internet...

Moniker: nooram
Hometown: Roseville, MN
Current Address: Farmington, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - U of Minn
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 37 (both fb and bb)
Season Ticket Holder: Yes BB, 18 years, 2 FB, 4 years, 4

Attended my first Gopher football game: 1972
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 1981
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 1986.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: never
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: www.tenclub.net

What I like about GopherHole: inside info, community, sharing history, good eggs

What I'd like to see enhanced:

Additional Comments:

Moniker: Idagopher
Native Minnesotan: no
Hometown: Anchorage, AK
Current Address: Nampa, ID
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BGeoE (UM '73), MCE and PhD Structures (HU 2000)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 41
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: no

Attended my first Gopher football game: 1969=Murray Warmath
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 1969-Bill Finch
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 1969
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: 1971
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: none

What I like about GopherHole: keeping up with variuos perspectives

What I'd like to see enhanced: Recruiting forum for football and basketball. Info on current pro status of former players

Go Gophers!!

I'm a long time reader that might as well start with an introduction.

Moniker:GoldInDirt
Native Minnesotan: Moved here at age 1
Hometown: Princeton, MN
Current Address: Bloomington
Degree/School: U of M Twin Cities - Bachelor of Civil Engineering 1995, MBA expected in 2012
# of years as football fan: 15 basketball fan: 22
Attend one basketball/football/hockey game year: yes
Season Ticket Holder: Basketball since 1992, Football since 1993

First Basketball Game: Around 1988
First Football Game: 1993
First Hockey Game: Around 1995

What I like about Gopherhole: Great interviews, unique information, quick information

What I dislike about Gopherhole: People who argue and bicker - it wastes a lot of people's time and distracts from meaningful discussion. People who are consistently negative aren't Gopher supporters.

Moniker: MilesTones
Native Minnesotan: No. (Moved to Minnesota when I was 3.)
Hometown: White Bear Lake
Current Address: Orange Park, FL
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BS, UW-River Falls; MBA, Ball State University
# of years as a Gopher football fan: ~47 (As long as I can remember being alive!)
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Nope.
Attended my first Gopher football game: ~1965
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: ~1968
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: ~1970
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Never did.
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Scout (post), RecruitingPlanet (read-only).

What I like about GopherHole: Lots of excellent insight from a large number of posters. If there's news, you hear about it here first. A lot of support for the program. Interviews with coaches, players, and recruits are awesome.

What I'd like to see enhanced: Navigation scheme on the site seems quite awkward. Chat rooms would be interesting. Perhaps more formalized recruit tracking. Stronger monitoring and banning of troublemakers; there are clearly folks here that were banned from other places, and they really degrade the value and experience of the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom