Harmon Killebrew passed away this morning

Reserve

Reaction score
Per a tweet this morning:

Harmon Killebrew passed away Tuesday morning at his Scottsdale, Ariz., home. He was 74.

I don't think I've ever felt so sad about a famous person who I didn't know passing away. I think it's because a lot of us really felt we knew him. He was that type of person, who connected with people he had never even met.

If you think about all the wonderful, fan-friendly personalities on that team, what a team! Tony O, Bert, Bob Allison, Earl Battey - by all accounts, all great guys.

Farewell, Harmon. We'll never forget you.

Thanks, Bleed. Harmon was a huge favorite. Only being 74 was puzzling. He was a great one! Zoillo was my second favorite.

I met Harmon at a private dinner in the mid 2000's. The stories about him being so nice are true. This happened in North Carolina as I was living there at the time. I was the only Twins fan there. He spent a good 30 minutes just chatting with me about the Twins. It was so cool. You never know how famous people are going to be in situations like that.

I don't think I've ever felt so sad about a famous person who I didn't know passing away. I think it's because a lot of us really felt we knew him. He was that type of person, who connected with people he had never even met.

If you think about all the wonderful, fan-friendly personalities on that team, what a team! Tony O, Bert, Bob Allison, Earl Battey - by all accounts, all great guys.

Farewell, Harmon. We'll never forget you.

Tony Oliva was a great player, but lacked a sense of humor. I met him at the Knut Koupee in Burnsville where he was guitar shopping in ‘90 (before his number was retired). I asked him if he’d be attending the Tim Laudner weekend event and number retirement at the dome that weekend. He questioned me and I reassured him that they were doing a weekend thing. He went ballistic and threw a tantrum.

per Shooter:

It was nine years ago Sunday that the greatest Twin in history, Harmon Killebrew, died at age 74 from esophageal cancer at home in Scottsdale, Ariz.

Win Twins!!

Tony Oliva was a great player, but lacked a sense of humor. I met him at the Knut Koupee in Burnsville where he was guitar shopping in ‘90 (before his number was retired). I asked him if he’d be attending the Tim Laudner weekend event and number retirement at the dome that weekend. He questioned me and I reassured him that they were doing a weekend thing. He went ballistic and threw a tantrum.
I’ve met Tony four times, and he’s always been very kind with me.

The chip hale year. Imagine if you spoke with him during the mike lamb year?

Top Bottom