I haven't seen it confirmed that the contract was extended, but let's assume the two conferences will go head to head once again this season.
Here's what we know.
(1) With the addition of Nebraska, all 12 teams from each conference will participate. The Cornhuskers (obviously) and Miami-Florida were absent last year.
(2) Maryland and Michigan State are both highly likely to play at home. Both have played on the road in each of the last two challenges.
(3) Clemson and Wisconsin are both highly likely to play on the road. Both have played at home in each of the last two challenges.
(4) Michigan State will not play North Carolina or Duke. Sparty plays North Carolina on Nov. 11 on an aircraft carrier in San Diego and also will also play Duke on Nov. 15 in the inaugural Champions Classic.
(5) Michigan will not play Duke. Both are part of the Maui Invitational.
(6) The Gophers will not play Wake Forest. Both are part of the Old Spice Classic.
(7) Purdue will not play Maryland. Both are part of the Puerto Rico Shootout.
(8) Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State and Purdue are more likely to play at home than on the road.
(9) Illinois, the Gophers, Northwestern, Penn State and Wisconsin are more likely to play on the road than at home.
(10) Georgia Tech, Maryland, North Carolina, NC State and Virginia are more likely to play at home than on the road.
(11) Boston College, Clemson, Duke, Florida State, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest are more likely to play on the road than at home.
(12) That leaves Miami-Florida with a likely home game and Nebraska with a likely road game.
So with that backdrop, here's a stab in the dark at the pairings we'll see in late November. I have avoided rematches from this past season.
ACC Home Games
Illinois @ Maryland
Minnesota @ NC State
Nebraska @ Virginia (relegated to Monday)
Northwestern @ Miami-Florida
Penn State @ Georgia Tech
Wisconsin @ North Carolina (Tuesday or Wednesday prime-time marquee ESPN matchup)
Big Ten Home Games
Boston College @ Iowa
Clemson @ Purdue
Duke @ Ohio State (Tuesday or Wednesday prime-time marquee ESPN matchup)
Florida State @ Michigan
Virginia Tech @ Michigan State
Wake Forest @ Indiana (relegated to Monday)