6 foot 7, 6 foot 8, 6 foot 9

#2Gopher

Reaction score
Are the players getting taller now a days in Minnesota with good home cooking food or it just me noticing it more now?

Are the players getting taller now a days in Minnesota with good home cooking food or it just me noticing it more now?

Actually it is all the drug filled chickens and beef they are eating. If it makes a chicken grow larger and faster, probably will do the same with humans.

yeah I was gonna say all kids are bigger...it's all the roid filled foods wer eating

A 6'0 women likely has a fairly good genetic pedigree for height. When searching for a mate, it is more socially acceptable for her to find a male who is taller than her. Since this male is also fairly tall, it is likely that he also has a genetic predisposition for height. Genetic selection.

FYI, growth promoters in meat products would have minimal impact on height. In beef, they are predominately estrogenic/androgenic based which would influence muscle composition (if it were ever scientifically proven) and have no affect on bone length. It is for feed efficiency/meat composition. The reason people are more able to achieve their maximum genetic potential these days is suggested to be because the overall nutrition that each person receives from birth allows them to receive ample nutrients to achieve maximum potential, rather than any suggested growth promotant in food.

A 6'0 women likely has a fairly good genetic pedigree for height. When searching for a mate, it is more socially acceptable for her to find a male who is taller than her. Since this male is also fairly tall, it is likely that he also has a genetic predisposition for height. Genetic selection.

FYI, growth promoters in meat products would have minimal impact on height. In beef, they are predominately estrogenic/androgenic based which would influence muscle composition (if it were ever scientifically proven) and have no affect on bone length. It is for feed efficiency/meat composition. The reason people are more able to achieve their maximum genetic potential these days is suggested to be because the overall nutrition that each person receives from birth allows them to receive ample nutrients to achieve maximum potential, rather than any suggested growth promotant in food.

People have always been tall, but now they are 300 lbs. and can play football. In the past tall people just played basketball.

I think you can also add better medical practices increase the survival rate. Moreover, socially acceptable genetic mixes allow more possible combinations. Plus, you can likely subtract some factors that discouraged maximum growth that have been eliminated from human exposure.

Our state and other midwest states around us produce big people period.
My opinion is that with the modern nutrition and strength/conditioning practices, kids who used to be big and dopey are now big and athletic(relatively), any high school coach worth anything that see's a 6'2 and up freshman with a frame is going to get that kid in the weight room and in sports and offseason conditioning.

In addition, I also see the opposite unfortunately, big kids with big frames that end up being 6'7 350 lb video gamers, all the modern nutrition, no modern strength and conditioning. It breaks HS coaches hearts to see these big kids show little or no interest in playing sports.

Our state and other midwest states around us produce big people period.
My opinion is that with the modern nutrition and strength/conditioning practices, kids who used to be big and dopey are now big and athletic(relatively), any high school coach worth anything that see's a 6'2 and up freshman with a frame is going to get that kid in the weight room and in sports and offseason conditioning.

In addition, I also see the opposite unfortunately, big kids with big frames that end up being 6'7 350 lb video gamers, all the modern nutrition, no modern strength and conditioning. It breaks HS coaches hearts to see these big kids show little or no interest in playing sports.

Good points. You also see a lot more offseason and specialized training opportunities for atheletes today. I remember seeing Ryan Harris on MTV's Made, I think that's what it was, the explosive training he was doing, we never did anything close to that when I played in High School.

Gee...thanks Jimmy the Greek.

I agree with the first post, you don't see many tall women married to men shorter than they are, and you don't see many kids who have two tall parents who are not tall themselves, usually taller than either parent.

Top Bottom