KIM ROYSTON

#2Gopher

Reaction score
A while back I heard that he was 100% healthy. This morning Sid indicates that he is not participating in morning drills. What gives?

I heard he got hurt again from your all-caps topic line.

A while back I heard that he was 100% healthy. This morning Sid indicates that he is not participating in morning drills. What gives?

Were you hearing that back during the season? B/c its looking like Brew was never really being straight with anyone about Kim's status.

i could have sworn i saw an article where it stated that royston was 100% and that was about two weeks ago. silly sid said this morning that he is not particiapating. perhaps one of the sportswriters had incorrect information. that wouldn't surprise me.

Ive never heard anyone from Kill's staff say he is 100%...and two weeks ago it was reported that he still wasn't cleared to run by the U's medical staff.

The last time anyone from the U said he was ready to play was Brewster during the season last year before he got fired.

I will say this, throughout a big chunk of last year I was under the impression that Kim Royston was only a "couple weeks away". I actually can't remember if that was coming from Brew, Kim himself or where. Wherever it came from, it appears to have been inaccurate.

Easy to see once again how rumors get started. I would bank it that he isn't ready to pariticpate yet. Hopefully this man will be ready by fall.

The last time anyone from the U said he was ready to play was Brewster during the season last year before he got fired.

I don't believe he ever said he was ready. He said he had to practice for a week before he played. Then, it got real quiet.

Easy to see once again how rumors get started. I would bank it that he isn't ready to pariticpate yet. Hopefully this man will be ready by fall.

Brewster said many times last summer that Kim "should be ready to go by week 2 or 3."

I had always assumed Brewster was referring to the 2010 season...not the 2011 season.:rolleyes:

With the recent change in head coaches (not referring to Horton), it seems like we are getting it 'straight' now...:D

Wow lets just blame every little thing on Brew.

Oh christ. Read back during his time here and you'll see I was plenty supportive. I wrote several times about some personal experiences that led me to believe he was a good man, just not the right one for the job.

But all through the early parts of last season Brew and his staff were making it sound like Kim would make it back soon. Maybe he was making good progress and it looked promising. Obviously he wasn't ready though. And it's not Kim's fault that folks thought he was or would be soon. That's on the coach and staff who were talking the return up. That's not blame. That's just what happened.

I hope things continue to improve for Kim in the meantime. He deserves a shot to finish his time at the U on the field.

Top Bottom