# 24 Smith is a real...

sec105

Reaction score
Fill in the blank: __________

He's definitely a hack.

Plus, acting like a tough guy when you've averaged like 5 pts/game over the last 6 Big 10 games is pretty funny.

I don't think I would use good defender to describe him. Good shooter, yes. He held, and checked Hoffarber all day long. Too slow to play good defense with his feet, he relies a lot on his hands. Home games you get away with it. It didn't work so well on the road against OSU and quicker players.

a-hole

He's the guy at the rec center who thinks he's really good at defense but actually he's just fouling everybody all the time

I don't think I would use good defender to describe him. Good shooter, yes. He held, and checked Hoffarber all day long. Too slow to play good defense with his feet, he relies a lot on his hands. Home games you get away with it. It didn't work so well on the road against OSU and quicker players.

Well when you are trying to guard guys like Lighty and Bufford it is a bit tougher task than Hoff. Refs aren't gonna bail Hoff out if he can't overcome a defender of Smith's level.

Well when you are trying to guard guys like Lighty and Bufford it is a bit tougher task than Hoff. Refs aren't gonna bail Hoff out if he can't overcome a defender of Smith's level.

He was fouling and Blake didn't do enough to force the call (as others have said) you need to give the ref a reason to call it and he never did. It's only a foul if the ref blows the whistle, Smith is a doosh, but he played good defense and shut down Blake for the most part.

guy who's team beat our team.

Wow we lose one game on the road and this forum turns into a bunch of crybaby bitches.

Don't even get me started on this guy I wanted to punch him in the face the whole game. I was watching the game with some friends and we decided he is trying to be like eric kramer

is a player who thinks he is better than he is. If the refs would have call hand checking he would have fouled in five minutes.

He did his job, he only had one priority and the Gophers never adjusted after it was obvious that he wasn't going to get called for a foul (right or wrong). Blake seemed pretty frustrated, granted he didn't get much help.

Don't know why MN didn't try to pass to break the press on him. Seemed like it took 8 seconds to cross half court every time. Everyone is going to play Blake like that, and it's not like he's ever going to blow by anybody.

I have no answer. My comment however is that I'm amazed at all of the variations of "*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#" I see.

Always interesting to check the GopherHole after watching the game and see if what I took away from the game was the same as others. It's real easy to play defense if you are allowed to put your hand on your opponents hip every time they attempt to go by you. There was really no excuse for the officials to just continually ignore the defense that was completely eliminating any chance the Gophers had to be effective offensively.

I don't have any problem with Smith, he was smart to keep doing it because it was helping his team. The guy was hot behind the line too and was a key reason the Boilermakers dominated the second half. It was annoying to watch, but taking the emotion out it, it was just smart basketball.

Smith is a real

A player we would be bragging about his physical defense and confident shooting trigger if he was in Maroon and Gold. Since he doesn't play for us; let the fun bashing continue.

... cocky player. With that being said he played very aggressively and got away with many fouls yesterday that would normally be called. If the referrees allow it, there is not much you can do other than play the same intense defense on the other end of the floor. If Smith would have been playing for the Gophers yesterday and shut down the Purdue offense with his aggressive defense, we would be praising him today.

Top Bottom