#1 Ohio State in the barn?

maliksealy

Reaction score
I, for one, hope they stay undefeated until they come to Williams on Super Bowl Sunday afternoon. When is the last time we beat a #1 ranked team? This would be HUGE to pull off this win, and it's very possible we can do it.

I, for one, hope they stay undefeated until they come to Williams on Super Bowl Sunday afternoon. When is the last time we beat a #1 ranked team? This would be HUGE to pull off this win, and it's very possible we can do it.

I didn't realize the game was on Super Bowl Sunday. Do you think the tv ratings for the Super Bowl will suffer because of this.:cool02:

I didn't realize the game was on Super Bowl Sunday. Do you think the tv ratings for the Super Bowl will suffer because of this.:cool02:

Our game will be long over before the Super Bowl begin.

I believe Kendall Gill and Illinois back around 1989-1990'ish....

I don't, that means OSU wins the conference and I'm sick of them already.

I never ever ever want OSU to win at anything - ever. That said I kind of like Maliksealy's take on this. Nothing (excepting the illegal, immoral or fattening) that I can think of would be more fun than to hand them their first loss, knock them out of their number one ranking, do it at the barn and do it on superbowl Sunday. You never know in the BT this year, but if they make it past Illinois this weekend, we could be set up to do just that. Nice thought.

I don't think they'll be undefeated by the time February rolls around, but I do think the Gophers can and will beat them.

I don't think they will be, but it would be awesome to have the #1 team come to the Barn and take an L :D

Thu, Jan 26,1989 Illinois * 1 Williams Arena 69 - 62 (W)

Lost to Michigan twice that year.

http://www.gophersports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=38663&SPID=3302&DB_OEM_ID=8400&Q_SEASON=1988

Your link shows we beat Michigan 88-80, and I know that is correct because that was the second game I ever attended (after Iowa earlier that year). However, it says Michigan was unranked which I believe is a mistake. I swear they were top ten, as they were when we played them earlier in the year. Plus, they went on to win it all, so they were clearly great (Glen Rice).

Your link shows we beat Michigan 88-80, and I know that is correct because that was the second game I ever attended (after Iowa earlier that year). However, it says Michigan was unranked which I believe is a mistake. I swear they were top ten, as they were when we played them earlier in the year. Plus, they went on to win it all, so they were clearly great (Glen Rice).

You're right....oops

I was just checking to see if anyone would catch that.;)

I was at that game-- uppper deck in the corner and it was loud and fun.
I'll be there for the Ohio State game, lower level, in the corner-- let's make it loud and fun!!

I, too, was at the game. I sat in the student section near the band (where the parents/relatives section is now). I was hoarse for days (and the ears were ringing for just as long - probably the start of my tinnitus :))

Top Bottom