Michigan offer Max Shortell???

KU4LIFE

Reaction score
There are some rumblings in KC today that Michigan just offered Max Shortell today. If true, it will be interesting to see if Shortell sticks with the Gophers or goes to Michigan now? I know Hoke/Borges wants to move to more of a pro-style type of QB.

If he leaves that quickly for Michigan after being commited for this long, I would say good riddance.

It is a catch 22 situation though. It seems Minnesota wants to go to more of a dual-threat QB and Michigan in time wants to go to more of a pro-style QB. Here lies the issue... Shortell may really like Minnesota, but where does he fit best for the future?

Shortell doesn't have any offers aside from Minnesota. Therefore, he must be terrible. What does Michigan want with him?

Shortell doesn't have any offers aside from Minnesota. Therefore, he must be terrible. What does Michigan want with him?

My sentiments exactly, since that is how organizations like rivals and scout evaluate prospects.

Good point. Keep in mind, however, that he just became a better player because of that offer.

He stuck with us through the coaching change I'd think he'd be a pretty solid commit. I guess I wouldn't be shocked if he left, but more than surprised if Michigan poaches him.

I was kind of excited to get our own TCU style (rose bowl winning/badger beating) ginger QB...

Just saw these tweets from Marcus of the PP.

Gophers QB recruit Shortell's coach told me he heard rumors about Michigan being interested. But he hadn't talked to Hoke or the new staff.

Shortell's coach said as far as he knows the kid is eager to sign with MN next week. Early concern with Kill's system has been squashed.

Sounds like this was just an internet rumor.

He also notes that at 6 foot 6 Shortell could be the tallest Gophers QB, ever.

Kill has already told Shortell he is a good enough runner for his offense. Shortell is right around the same speed as Harnisch.

RT @GophersNow: Max Shortell just told me he has no interest in Michigan or anyone else. He's fully committed to Gophers.

This tweet is from Marcus Fuller. That should clear things up on Shortell.

Remember Shortell runs a 4.9 forty at 6'6"... he can more than get moving when needed.

Great news. Seems like Kill is really having a great impact on all his recruits.

YouTube Max Shortell. There's several highlight films, and a 35 second clip of him bench pressing 275 4X - not bad for a 6'6, 17/18 year old kid weighing 215 lbs or so.

He kind of reminds me of Cory Sauter in terms of size, but with better feet (hopefully quicker as well) and w/o the ridiculously high throwing elbow.

YouTube Max Shortell. There's several highlight films, and a 35 second clip of him bench pressing 275 4X - not bad for a 6'6, 17/18 year old kid weighing 215 lbs or so.

He kind of reminds me of Cory Sauter in terms of size, but with better feet (hopefully quicker as well) and w/o the ridiculously high throwing elbow.

Hopefully he's a lot smarter than Cory as well, although that wouldn't be hard to do.

I do hope we keep Max in the fold. I like big tall QB's...

Carter

Did Hoke steal Tamani Carter away or is he still committed to the Gophers?

Explain Your Cheap Shot Sparlimb

Hopefully he's a lot smarter than Cory as well, although that wouldn't be hard to do.

I do hope we keep Max in the fold. I like big tall QB's...

Explain your cheap shot comment Sparlimb!!! You seem to be very full of yourself and like to throw mud on whatever you can. Why?

You're all missing the important question here: how good is he at stroking the post?

It's something that was reported in Ann Arbor. No idea whether it's true or not.

Top Bottom