Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dream Act

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mnboiler View Post
    Make an example of illegal immigrants. Lock them up, send them home no questions asked.
    Well, not quite, but that wouldn't be inappropriate since they violated US law in coming here the way they did. We can't afford to lock them up. We can't afford to deport them.

1. Prosecute, fine, and imprison the employers of illegal aliens regardless of country of origin. Illegals will self deport. They are doing so with the down economy at present.

2. Improve E-Verify so that employers can quickly and accurately verify legal work status of all employees.

3. Close the borders. Do not violate posse comitatus in doing so.

4. Deport illegal aliens from US prisons as soon as the borders are closed. Approximately 30% of all inmates are illegal aliens. Many do not speak much English. Get rid of them ASAP. They are very expensive.

5. Develop a workable and enforcable guest worker program. Make it open to all countries of origin. Verify that these people speak English, are not criminals or public safety threats, and carrying infectious diseases, enter in an orderly and accountable manner, and have the job skills that are in need

6. Forget the ridiculous idea that illegals can and will pay for your retirement. Social Security is an idea whose time is past and will not e around in anything similar to its past and present form.

7. Deny all publicly funded assistance and benefits to those who are not in the E-Verify data base. Provide deportation services to illegals who request it. Forbid return entry under any circumstance to anyone who has been deported.

At least this is a start in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Brew_recruit View Post
    I don't understand why people want to punish people who were brought here as children if they have lived good lives and will contribute to America by joining the army or going to college. Also they don't even get citizenship they get a green card and a PATHWAY to citizenship.

BGA and Diehard what is the reason the right hates this bill so much?

Also how far has the right gone when in 2003 Mccain, Hatch and other republicans were for the more liberal version of the bill. Its so sad that to gain power in the "christian right" party you have to be the one who shows the most hate to the powerless.

I guess Immortal technique said it best when he said "this *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# is run by fake Christians and fake politicians look at their mansions and look at the conditions we live in."

With regard to the DREAM Act, a lot of these kids are brought in as infants. They don't even know that they're not citizens until they graduate from high school. If they've lived good lives, if they've done good things, why would we penalize them and not let them at least go to school?" Hatch Quote on the dream act

Also he introduced the bill in 2001!

Come down to Texas and help pay for some of these illegals then. Illegal immigration costs the average Texan, due to education and healthcare costs, $1200 a year In the meanwhile, the Federal government does nothing to alleviate the situation...border security is an absolute joke. In Texas, we have heard promises from the government before about cracking down on illegal immigration. In 1986, the Simpson-Mazolli Act was passed that gave AMNESTY to illegal immigrants, with the promise of halting illegal immigration. What has happened since then? Illegal immigration has exploded and absolutely nothing was done to stop the flow. We know down here that all this talk is 1986 all over again. In the end, Democrats don't give a damn about these kids, they only want future voters.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesbenjamin7 View Post
    Come down to Texas and help pay for some of these illegals then. Illegal immigration costs the average Texan, due to education and healthcare costs, $1200 a year In the meanwhile, the Federal government does nothing to alleviate the situation...border security is an absolute joke. In Texas, we have heard promises from the government before about cracking down on illegal immigration. In 1986, the Simpson-Mazolli Act was passed that gave AMNESTY to illegal immigrants, with the promise of halting illegal immigration. What has happened since then? Illegal immigration has exploded and absolutely nothing was done to stop the flow. We know down here that all this talk is 1986 all over again. In the end, Democrats don't give a damn about these kids, they only want future voters.
    I can't give the democrats credit for thinking that far ahead. The intent is clearly to pay off the current hispanic voters and keep them in the fold.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Texas-Gopher View Post
    I can't give the democrats credit for thinking that far ahead. The intent is clearly to pay off the current hispanic voters and keep them in the fold.
    The majority of illegals that are desirable to keep (whether or not they should stay) are not long term Ds. They do have an excellent work ethic (become prosperous) and are more socially conservative than the Liberal Ds (not all Ds are far flung Liberals). Do not neglect the fact that many are undesirable. A third of our prison population is illegal (a great expense). We do not need the gangbangers and drug dealer, the unhealthy, or the illiterate.

They will not be able to keep them down on the Plantation and reliant on government programs as they have done to the Blacks over the last 150 years (much of it under violence or the threat of violence).

Diminishing returns for the Liberals. Same for the Rs and their desire to provide a cheap labor force. As time passes these people will not continue to work for peanuts without the constant flow of new illegals to exploit. Dirty business either way.

Why make illegals do a two year stretch in the military or go to college for two years?Probably just a carrot hung out there by dems to swing a vote or two their way.Alot of the illegals brought here as children by their parents at a young age have graduated from H.S. and speak english very well.Most have good jobs already they would have to quit to serve out this plea bargain,an I don't mean working in the fields.Just getting these people signed up with a green card would be a plus.Close the borders,deport the criminal element, don't know how to handle the rest,but illegals who came here as young children and are already positive additions to this country should be handled differently.

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Well, not quite, but that wouldn't be inappropriate since they violated US law in coming here the way they did. We can't afford to lock them up. We can't afford to deport them.

1. Prosecute, fine, and imprison the employers of illegal aliens regardless of country of origin. Illegals will self deport. They are doing so with the down economy at present.

Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    Is this a normal thing for the FBI to be involved with? Kind of stinks like payback.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    I don't really follow this issue closely, but from my view, most Republicans are confused by the Tea Party movement, and don't really get it. Like a lot of progressives, they think it's just a far "right" group that is gaining power, and so they are trying to figure out which stances to take to not anger them. This is of course totally wrong, but these are politicians we're talking about. I could be absolutely wrong though, I don't follow this stuff as closely.
    Always fun to read a classic.
    Last edited by howeda7; 02-08-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Always fun to read a classic.
    I didn't even realize the thread was 9 years old, JTF really needs to get a life. And that's coming from me.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesbenjamin7 View Post
    Eight years later, SMH.

The dems are winning a war of attrition. Yeah, let's talk about it some more and not do anything.

I don't think anyone argues that lots of people, including the president, employ people here illegally, and that employers may or may not know they are illegal, and may or may not care.

This is not a gotcha on DH, at least not how I read his post, which is a suggestion for what we should do differently with respect to immigration law.

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    I don't think anyone argues that lots of people, including the president, employ people here illegally, and that employers may or may not know they are illegal, and may or may not care.

This is not a gotcha on DH, at least not how I read his post, which is a suggestion for what we should do differently with respect to immigration law.
    I have yet to see diehard or bga1 respond to a post on this board that talks about all the undocumented immigrants that Dear Leader and his family have employed. I did see diehard say this:

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boa...26#post1582626

I have also stated that employers who hire illegals without checking should be prosecuted and serve prison time.
    http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boa...38#post1656538

Galt is right that it will take enforcement actions against employers. That needs to include some prison time.

Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    I have yet to see diehard or bga1 respond to a post on this board that talks about all the undocumented immigrants that Dear Leader and his family have employed. I did see diehard say this:

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boa...26#post1582626

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boa...38#post1656538
    SHOULD. I don't believe that is currently the law. Is it?