#20 in ESPN/Coaches, #22 in AP

Glad to see we didn't drop out completely, I wasn't sure. I am still hoping that we use our early struggles to learn from and, more importantly, adjust to, for the remainder of the season. unfortunately, it is difficult to replace a Senior's leadership during in-game situations when a calming, mature influence would help. our Frosh are going through trial by fire this season.

I put them at 23 on my AP ballot. North Carolina's win over Kentucky and Virginia's victory over VT both helped.

I'm hoping we can go undefeated into Madison with a National ranking of about 12......where we NEED to win! If we are 100% healthy going into that game there is no reason we should lose that game. We are faster, deeper, more athletic, and more physical. It's the Kohl Center I know, but this is still a game we should take care of business.

I'm hoping we can go undefeated into Madison with a National ranking of about 12......where we NEED to win! If we are 100% healthy going into that game there is no reason we should lose that game. We are faster, deeper, more athletic, and more physical. It's the Kohl Center I know, but this is still a game we should take care of business.

I don't think we can climb up the polls until we start beating some Big Ten Teams. Our remaining NC schedule will not impress anyone but four out of our first five Big Ten games will be down right hellacious! We take care of the NC and win those first five Big Ten games and I say we are in the top 5 !!!

at Wisconsin
at Michigan State
Indiana in the Barn
at Ohio State
Purdue in the Barn

Ouch. :eek:

I don't think we can climb up the polls until we start beating some Big Ten Teams. Our remaining NC schedule will not impress anyone but four out of our first five Big Ten games will be down right hellacious! We take care of the NC and win those first five Big Ten games and I say we are in the top 5 !!!

at Wisconsin
at Michigan State
Indiana in the Barn
at Ohio State
Purdue in the Barn

Ouch. :eek:

I'd rather have those games early one, then later in the season. The tournament committee likes teams that are hot and have been winning a lot at the end of the year, so it's good to get some of the tough games out of the way early on. I think we go 3-2 in that stretch, which would be terrific. W's: Wisconsin, Indiana, Purdue. L's: @MSU, @OSU.

Madtown

I'd rather have those games early one, then later in the season. The tournament committee likes teams that are hot and have been winning a lot at the end of the year, so it's good to get some of the tough games out of the way early on. I think we go 3-2 in that stretch, which would be terrific. W's: Wisconsin, Indiana, Purdue. L's: @MSU, @OSU.

I agree. 3-2 would be a good start in the Big Ten race.

Michigan State at the Barn is really the only top notch team in the Gophers last six of the regular season so, like you say, that should help.

Well I think the Gophers have now fallen in where they belong. 20-25 is about how good they are right now.

They've played poorly in the last two games and are lucky to be rated where they are. Hopefully the can get things going again.

3 wins is realistic but probably unlikely. 2 wins is most likely. 1 win wouldn't be that big of a surprise but that would be pretty damn rough.

Top Bottom