OFFICIAL HIRE MIKE LEACH THREAD - SIGN ON WITH SUPPORT

Go4

Reaction score
hire leach - go4

We need to hire Leach! With the program in dire straits, a few risks might need to be taken.

I don't think this thread will make a damn bit of difference, but I'm on board. (Pun intended)

Of course, I and many others on here have sent numerous emails on this issue about a month ago when we had an email campaign, someone made a FB page and a twitter feed.

If we're looking for someone with BCS conference coaching experience, our choices are Mullen, Edsall, and Leach. One of those three clearly wants a chance at redemption and to prove himself again. He also wants to clear his name of what appears to be a smear job by a media member who may become responsible for destroying 2 football programs in the state of Texas. Mike Leach for a brighter future. Mike Leach for Minnesota.

I don't know that I believe there is, but if there is any truth to the rumors that this job is a hard sell, why wouldn't you at least interview Leach? It's utterly confounding to me.

Please, please hire Leach! He would give us instant credibility and excite the fan base. He says he wants the job and embraces the CHALLENGE! This is a coach who is willing to work hard like Brewster did, but has the coaching ability that Brewster lacked. I am going to write an e-mail to Maturi as soon as I get home from work today.

Unless you have some other A-lister already signed on, please hire Leach. If we go with someone like Trestman over Leach, Maturi should be immediately fired.

While I applaud your efforts...

it ain't gonna happen.

Leach would be perfect for bringing excitement & enthusiasm to this program, however, Maturi will NOT give him any consideration (utter shame).:banghead:

I'm not saying "definitely hire Leach", but knowing that he wants the job, whoever you do hire better be at least as good. Since the names that have been going around are not as accomplished as Leach, I highly doubt that we will do better. So, Maturi, either pull a rabbit out of your hat or hire Leach.

Alright Maaaannnn whoooos with me....Come on Maaaaannnnn who's with me. LEACH ah thank you Maaaannnn. LEACH +1000000

As I posted on the other thread I would roll the dice with Leach, but have concerns. Would he be able to do here what he did at Texas Tech? If he has to have his studs on offense to do what he wants to do, what will his defense be like? Just a thought. I'm willing to take the chance.

I really want Mullen, Leach, or Stoops.

Mike Leach can coach,excite,recruit like no other thats been mentioned.A little James baggage sowhat bring him on!!!

I would support Leach. He's not the only coach I would be happy with (Mullen, Golden), but I think Leach is the candidate who would not only do the most good with the "getting the average fan excited angle," but I really do think he is so nationally known he would be able to recruit the type of athlete we haven't had here in a while.

Since Maturi made Brewster walk the plank, I think he should hire the captain of the ship for the next coach.

:clap: :clap::clap::clap: :clap::clap::clap: :clap::clap::clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap::clap: :clap: :clap::clap::clap:
:clap::clap: :clap::clap::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap::clap::clap: :clap: :clap:

I don't know that I believe there is, but if there is any truth to the rumors that this job is a hard sell, why wouldn't you at least interview Leach? It's utterly confounding to me.

I don't think this job is a hard sell. Look at Colorado's candidates as of today. They're moving to the Pac-12, and it's Jim McElwain, Eric Bienemy, and Jon Embree?

Top Bottom