MN Daily: Sources: Golf coach didn’t get a shot

From Shooter today...

Another lawsuit? Can Joel PLEASE be shown the door?

Pssst: Katie Brenny, a Little Falls High and Wake Forest grad who last summer was hired as a Gophers golf associate head coach but resigned in October when she found the job, which was to pay a $44,000 salary, wasn't at all what she expected, on Thursday offered the University of Minnesota a settlement that wasn't accepted. The university offered Brenny a severance she didn't accept. Don't be surprised if a lawsuit against the university is forthcoming.

Brenny is being represented by a local law firm that represented Jimmy Williams, who won a judgment of $1 million from the University of Minnesota when he charged that Gophers men's basketball coach Tubby Smith had offered him an assistant job but reneged.

Among Brenny's issues with the job is that she inexplicably wasn't allowed to travel to any of her team's four road meets during the fall season. Brenny is a former state high school golf champion.

Well you know "non-revenue" sports are very important, if you can screw them over and still keep getting recruits.

Does this reinforce the fact that Maturi is a power hungry ego-maniac. A bad case of Little Mans Syndrome.

Oh, Poor Baby

From Shooter today...

Another lawsuit? Can Joel PLEASE be shown the door?

Pssst: Katie Brenny, a Little Falls High and Wake Forest grad who last summer was hired as a Gophers golf associate head coach but resigned in October when she found the job, which was to pay a $44,000 salary, wasn't at all what she expected, on Thursday offered the University of Minnesota a settlement that wasn't accepted. The university offered Brenny a severance she didn't accept. Don't be surprised if a lawsuit against the university is forthcoming.

Brenny is being represented by a local law firm that represented Jimmy Williams, who won a judgment of $1 million from the University of Minnesota when he charged that Gophers men's basketball coach Tubby Smith had offered him an assistant job but reneged.

Among Brenny's issues with the job is that she inexplicably wasn't allowed to travel to any of her team's four road meets during the fall season. Brenny is a former state high school golf champion.

Oh, poor baby couldn't travel with the team as she expected. Oh, let's see, I think I will sue the U like that Jimmy Williams guy, get some cash and boo hoo about how horribly I was treated. Give me a flippin' break.

Oh, poor baby couldn't travel with the team as she expected. Oh, let's see, I think I will sue the U like that Jimmy Williams guy, get some cash and boo hoo about how horribly I was treated. Give me a flippin' break.

Isn't traveling with the team, recruiting, and coaching kinda the job of being a coach?

Top Bottom