Joel Maturi: "Don't boo kids"

kellyleeks

GH Hall of Fame '10
Reaction score
I agree. I will be booing Wisconsin Joel though.

I never boo the players or coaches. But I do go after the jerks in front of me who never sit down.

I never boo the players or coaches. But I do go after the jerks in front of me who never sit down.

Where do you sit? Tipsy, Dr Lloyd and I would like to move in front of you for next season.

No, they are kids. Don't boo. They work their asses off, more than most will ever know.

No, they are kids. Don't boo. They work their asses off, more than most will ever know.

Kids? Why, because they're in "school"? They're adults everywhere but the mind of homer fans and delusional ADs.

Maturi doesn't realize that it won't be the kids getting booed, it will be him. ONCE A BADGER, ALWAYS A BADGER!

Kids? Why, because they're in "school"? They're adults everywhere but the mind of homer fans and delusional ADs.
They're not exactly kids. Young adults I suppose, but we do expect a heck of a lot from them. Not that I see a huge problem with booing so long as it's not excessive. It's all relative though. Notre Dame's kids should be booed every snap.

I'm not booing the kids I will cheer for them as always

Maturi on the other hand if I see him, he will get a piece of mind about what a fly off the handle,
fly by the seat of his phants guy he has been with football. He is a football coach he know's how difficult the Big10 conference is to win in or at least he should by now. This time he better give the next coach a chance and give him every advantage he will need to get things better.

I never boo period. I say "What the Fxxx!" too loud for those around me at times though.

No, they're not kids. They're adults. They are old enough to die for their country--or more likely for some of our recruits, to go to prison.

Yes, they work their asses off. But no one put a gun to their head. They have been given a chance to play the game they love on the big stage. Oh, and many are getting a free top-notch education to boot, at the taxpayer's expense. In addition to paying for their tuition, I'm still paying back $40,000 of my own loans from my time at the U of M.

Finally, if I were one of the players, I would resent the hell out of being called a "kid".

Maybe we could just not boo the team anymore, eh? I mean, the coach is gone...what does booing accomplish now?

If another little bastard gets free groceries from Cub for kicking it through the uprights, I will boo him mercilessly.

Don't boo kids? I think if you're paying full freight for tickets, you have the right to do whatever you want.

A little perspective:

The "cost of attendance" for in-state students is $23,058 per year for residents. Factor in a redshirt season and a player is getting more than $115,000 worth of education/room and board/etc. for their career.

For a nonresident player, the "cost of attendance" is $27,358 per year or almost $137,000 for a career.

It's not like these guys aren't being taken care of.

I have no problem whatsoever booing the players if they stink it up. The game at this level is a big time sport. If you don't like it, go play D3 ball.

That said, if I were a recruit, and I saw a home fan base booing and heckling the home team, I might think twice about coming here.

Don't boo kids? I think if you're paying full freight for tickets, you have the right to do whatever you want.

A little perspective:

The "cost of attendance" for in-state students is $23,058 per year for residents. Factor in a redshirt season and a player is getting more than $115,000 worth of education/room and board/etc. for their career.

For a nonresident player, the "cost of attendance" is $27,358 per year or almost $137,000 for a career.

It's not like these guys aren't being taken care of.

and I'm sure you worked as hard as the average athlete on scholarship during your time? I'm sure you made it to the mandated percentage of classes required, all your study tables, your practices,your weight training and nutrition with strength coaches, as well as filled stadiums who wanted to see you. yes these guys receive perks but they earn their schollies!

you were an average student that went to class and maybe had a job! pretty easy compared to the football team. I don't care what your degree was because you didn't put in the day that the student-athlete did. no one cares about your student loans because you were an average student! sounds like your jealous or football players pick(ed) on you.

booing the football team now is just pushing the guys on the fence about transferring out the door. it will hurt more than help! and helping keep kids from coming to our university

I have no problem whatsoever booing the players if they stink it up. The game at this level is a big time sport. If you don't like it, go play D3 ball.

That said, if I were a recruit, and I saw a home fan base booing and heckling the home team, I might think twice about coming here.

Your last sentence is exactly why you should have a problem with people booing. It does no good. I have a pretty good feeling the players know they are playing bad.

Lakesgopher, you don't know anything about me. Don't assume a thing.

I'm just saying that these aren't "kids."

If you are going to take the scholarship, you take the good AND the bad that comes with it.

If they want to not ever be criticized and simply be praised for playing hard, they can go to the MIAC and pay tuition to do it.

Maturi on the other hand if I see him, he will get a piece of mind about what a fly off the handle,
fly by the seat of his phants guy he has been with football. He is a football coach he know's how difficult the Big10 conference is to win in or at least he should by now. This time he better give the next coach a chance and give him every advantage he will need to get things better.

WTF you talking about? You ok, Mrs. Brewster?

This was a great move by Maturi. And since it was something he did with Monson a few years ago, we might get the Tubby Smith of the football ranks. Because he decided to fire Brew now, despite how hard Brew worked, gave his career at MN a second chance.

Top Bottom