#24 IL clobbered tOSU

Illinois looks like the 2nd best team in the league right now.

It'll boil down to Purdue, Ill, Becky, and the Gophers....but it's still a long way to go, and it would not surprise me to see Purdue take the title when it all settles....

It'll boil down to Purdue, Ill, Becky, and the Gophers....but it's still a long way to go, and it would not surprise me to see Purdue take the title when it all settles....

What about Sparty?

MSU will win going away.

Agree, Ski.....the other four aforementioned will fight for spots 2-5, but still the Big 10 will get 6 Dance invites IMO.

Michigan is getting whipped too right now by Penn St. 58-36 with 10 min left

I've seen parts of 5 or 6 Illinois games and have been impressed. Correct me if I'm wrong but there aren't they doing this with few if any Seniors?

Thanks for posting this Dr. Don. I was just thinking that it hasn't been pointed out on the board that Illinois is VERY good this season. I think MSU runs away with the Big Ten title, followed by Illinois and Purdue. The Gophers should finish 4th.

PSU really took it to Michigan last night as well. I feel better about our chances against the Wolverines now. They are probably the 6th best team in the conference (I'll put Wisky in front of them). tOSU and PSU will be fighting for the 7th spot (and trip to the Dance) this year.

Meacham and Frazier

Are the only seniors of significance, I think. The Illini have looked good.

The only Big Ten teams I'm thoroughly convinced will make the NCAA Tournament are MSU and Illinois. They've been the two most impressive and consistent teams. It's just a matter of who among the Gophers, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue and Wisconsin will also get bids. At least 3 & probably 4 of those 6 likely will get bids.

There are 4 teams.........

I wouldn't feel bad finishing behind. MSU. Purdue, Wisconsin and Illinois are very good teams. Our task is to finish no worse than 5th, staying ahead of Ohio St, Penn St and MiccLhigan. The Michigan games will be huge because of their non conference conquests of Duke and UCLA.

If we finish ahead of any of the top 4, we've had a great year and will be dancin' of course.

Big Blue & OSU

Good point about Michigan, Lefty. Big Blue has a much larger margin for error than we do, as does Ohio State. I think 9-9 with their multiple quality nonconference wins will put both Michigan & OSU in pretty good shape. Our games with Michigan & Ohio State definitely are crucial. They have the edge on us nonconference-wise so we need to make some hay (we already have 1 win vs. OSU) head-to-head and in the final Big 10 standings.

Illinois is pretty strong. They're better than MSU right now, even though the standings say otherwise & might say otherwise at the end of the season.

Mich. St. is the creme de la creme in the Big10 this year...The rest of us are gonna fight to the finish for spots 2 - 5. This is FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom