Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craig Bohl

Default Craig Bohl

If the gophers do not go for or get one of the few great options (Al Golden for example) I think Bohl would be a great hire. He has strong recruiting ties to the area and from what I've heard, the MN HS coaches love him. He was a very well run program in Fargo and I think he could do the same here. He would not be the big splash that we are going for but I think if we do not intend to make a splash, this is our next target.

Fail....

Bohl would be good here for about 3 years, but once he had to do his own recruiting he would suck. Look at what happened at NDSU....he had Babich's recruits, won 10 games a few times, neglected to recruit a QB after Walker, now they are an average 1AA team at BEST.

Why would we hire a guy who is going to start feeling the heat at NDSU of all places?

NO

4. Default

His teams have been lacking some major discipline problems. They have had some DUI arrests and NDSU also had a huge theft ring from a Fargo area Best Buy that involved some former players that Bohl brought in.

He has had some success at NDSU, but I think I could have walked into the Fargo Dome and coached some of those teams he was given to wins. They had unreal talent for 1aa in the mid 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by go4fan View Post
    If the gophers do not go for or get one of the few great options (Al Golden for example) I think Bohl would be a great hire. He has strong recruiting ties to the area and from what I've heard, the MN HS coaches love him. He was a very well run program in Fargo and I think he could do the same here. He would not be the big splash that we are going for but I think if we do not intend to make a splash, this is our next target.
    Nice try Mr. Bohl! You are a loser. Go back to partying with obese farm girl NDSU co-eds!!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MNfootballfan View Post
    His teams have been lacking some major discipline problems. They have had some DUI arrests and NDSU also had a huge theft ring from a Fargo area Best Buy that involved some former players that Bohl brought in.

He has had some success at NDSU, but I think I could have walked into the Fargo Dome and coached some of those teams he was given to wins. They had unreal talent for 1aa in the mid 2000s.
    Gus Bradley, D-Cord at Seattle, played a huge role in building those teams. He might be a guy the Gophers should look at strongly.

As for Bohl, he had an amazing first recruiting class at NDSU(the class had like four or five NFL players). Since he has had about four mediocre to horrible classes but recently he has had two very strong classes. That said I think he would need a strong season(at least take NDSU to the FCS playoffs) before any Big 10 level schools should give him a look.
    Last edited by FargoBison; 10-10-2010 at 12:53 PM.

7. Default

FargoBison is on the money. Gus Bradley would be a solid candidate for the position. Negatives: Lack of HC experience, no DI coaching/recruiting experience. This guy knows defense…..coached for Bob Babich, Monte Kiffen, Jon Gruden, Jim Mora, and Pete Carroll. He might be able to finally build a Big 10 defense for the first time since the glory days. Unfortunately, I don’t know if either side would be interested. MN probably won’t go to the NFL again and Bradley believes that he could be an NFL HC after a couple of years under Carroll.

Bohl – He would need a serious attitude adjustment to get any DI job. Bohl does the minimum and nothing more to promote the program.

8. Default Let's stop this Bohl talk

MN doesn't need a 1-AA without a national recruiting track record, whose record of late is mediocre. We can only hire a proven 1-A Winner. Period, end of sentence.

9. Default

Discipline issues have been pretty much par for the course at NDSU for many years.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
    Gus Bradley, D-Cord at Seattle, played a huge role in building those teams. He might be a guy the Gophers should look at strongly.

As for Bohl, he had an amazing first recruiting class at NDSU(the class had like four or five NFL players). Since he has had about four mediocre to horrible classes but recently he has had two very strong classes. That said I think he would need a strong season(at least take NDSU to the FCS playoffs) before any Big 10 level schools should give him a look.
    That would be an interesting candidate. He is a native of Zumbrota, Minnesota, correct?

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

I have said it a dozen times on these boards. Craig Bohl is not the answer.

12. Default

Craig Bohl will be fired at NDSU in the next 3 years.

13. Default

That would be an interesting candidate. He is a native of Zumbrota, Minnesota, correct?
    Yep. I do know that he likes Seattle a lot but I think he is ready to be a head coach after being an assistant at the pro and college level since 1990.

Yes

I'm from Zumbrota and yes Gus is the complete package! Superb coach, awesome recruiter, and winning personality.

I think his skillset and personality would translate perfectly to our upcoming coaching vacancy.

I'll see if my Dad can get the scoop on his interest in the NFL vs. college but I would think he'd jump at the opportunity.

He does have more wins against 1-AA teams than Brew but nope.

NDSU won on last second dramatic 45 YR TD pass vs Youngstown St yesterday.

NDSU & Bohl has beaten Kansas, Minnesota, Ball St, Central Michigan in last 4 years.

Lost to Wyoming and Minnesota by 1, and Iowa State by 14 last year.

NDSU/BOHL routinely get excellent Minnesota/Metro talent that brewster wont offer.(NFL'ers Craig Dahl, Ramon Humber, Nick Schommer, Kole Heckendorf & Joe mays)

NDSU already has signed 2 Metro guys and 2 2-star kids from Arizona.:

Adam Brandt, 6-4, 225, Stevens Point WI, DE 9/23/2010 Bison Media Blog
    Joe Horvath, 6-3, 245, Stevens Point, WI, DL, 9/22/2010 Bison Media Blog
    Matt Jones, 5-10, 198, Scottsdale (Horizon), AZ, RB 9/30/2010 Bison Media
    Alex Meier, 6-2, 200, Anoka, MN, S 7/14/2010 Bison Media Blog
    Joey Sonnenfeld, 6-4, 200, Osseo, MN, ATH Bison Media Blog
    Ryan Stanford, 6-2, 180, Scottsdale (Horizon), AZ, QB 9/30/2010 Bison Media

Bohl would be a helluva lot better than brewster, but I would be 50-50 on him coaching my #2 team, the gophers.

17. Default This is exactly they type of guy Joel Maturi would hire after Brewster

After a big swing and a miss, Bohl is exactly the type of coach that Joel Maturi would turn to and hire if the decision were left to him. Just say no to letting Maturi make the next coaching hire and just say no to Bohl. We do not need the NDSU coach, we need our own guy that is going to win here. Bohl would be a repeat of the Mason years, occasionally beat some good teams but mostly 3-5 conference records.

18. Default

Yawn. Next

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    NDSU won on last second dramatic 45 YR TD pass vs Youngstown St yesterday.

NDSU & Bohl has beaten Kansas, Minnesota, Ball St, Central Michigan in last 4 years.

Lost to Wyoming and Minnesota by 1, and Iowa State by 14 last year.

NDSU/BOHL routinely get excellent Minnesota/Metro talent that brewster wont offer.(NFL'ers Craig Dahl, Ramon Humber, Nick Schommer, Kole Heckendorf & Joe mays)

NDSU already has signed 2 Metro guys and 2 2-star kids from Arizona.:

Adam Brandt, 6-4, 225, Stevens Point WI, DE 9/23/2010 Bison Media Blog
    Joe Horvath, 6-3, 245, Stevens Point, WI, DL, 9/22/2010 Bison Media Blog
    Matt Jones, 5-10, 198, Scottsdale (Horizon), AZ, RB 9/30/2010 Bison Media
    Alex Meier, 6-2, 200, Anoka, MN, S 7/14/2010 Bison Media Blog
    Joey Sonnenfeld, 6-4, 200, Osseo, MN, ATH Bison Media Blog
    Ryan Stanford, 6-2, 180, Scottsdale (Horizon), AZ, QB 9/30/2010 Bison Media

Bohl would be a helluva lot better than brewster, but I would be 50-50 on him coaching my #2 team, the gophers.

I wasn't really into the Craig Bohl idea, but now that I heard he was able to lock down a couple players from Arizona....I still don't like the idea.

The Bradleys are from Zumbrota and several members of the family are quite accomplished athletes.

Here's a Mark Craig piece from the StarTrib a year ago:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/70668937.html