Share your favorite "Brewsterism" or iconic statements

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
Iconic or Preposterous statement's pick you poison. Now that TB has just about 1 foot out the door and is putting out feelers for coaching gigs or so his cat sitter say's, what are some of your favorite quotes from the Tim Brewster era.
"Men were going to have an AXE on our backs, and were going to carry it, man are we going to carry it." Maybe I don't have it right but that was about it.

Since we have only seen glimpses of said Axe during the Brewster era as Wisconsin breaks it out to celebrate, chopping down our goalpost's, let us have the Brewster top 10. Who has the list?

How do you think they Wisconsin will celebrate Saturday, will it be with simple applause and a whoopy, we beat the Gophers again or will they celebrate but then realize the demise of the Brew is upon us and that although this Gopher coach that was such a big talker, talk of championships and Rose Bowl victories will soon be gone and no longer lead to such easy Badger victory's, Badger fans feel free to chime in. We know you own the rivalry but do you think the loss of this coach will effect change or the status quo.

Hard to "own" a rivalry in which you trail in overall wins, B10 Championships and National Championships.

But other than that, nice job piling on, and kicking a dead horse.

Hey, don't knock it. I'm sure in some way (don't have the foggiest idea just WHAT it is yet), this is a very productive conversation for the state of the program. There's not a doubt in my mind it will help the team and coaching staff focus on the upcoming week.

this was a d-bag post

appologies to fellow Gopher fans. This post should have been left unsaid, it was pileing on.
Sorry

"Lets get our dag gum chili HOT!"

By far my favorite. I liked the axe on our backs bit, too. Too bad they didn't work. =(

"The thing I love about football is that it's real, and it's raw. Sometimes it's real raw"

"if you wanna get some you gotta bring some"

do you think he knows about my flask??

"Again," This is how Brew starts every answer to every question in every press conference. How is the mood of your players? "Again, I think it's good." Will Gray get more snaps next week? "Again, like I already said, yes." Again.

comparing himself to Ferentz is right up there. Brewster left out the part about using a different recipe though. Smoke n Mirriors my friends.

we are a few plays away from being 5-0

(assuming the dozens of other plays during which we shot ourselves in the foot were executed perfectly, which they weren't)

"I want to throw down head to head with Nick Saban and Pete Carroll and see who gets the recruit"

"Great pride and tremendous passion"

I like how he said that he wanted to take this program to the Rose Bowl and then was villified by media and fans alike for having such lofty goals.

"We will make history....again" I suppose in some ways he did deliver on this one.

"Men were going to have an AXE on our backs, and were going to carry it, man are we going to carry it."

Holy sh!t that's funny. No offense - but where do you think you heard this? It's the most ridiculous fake quote I've ever read.

"...and were (sic) going to carry it, man are we going to carry it."

How did you even come up with this? Still LOL'ing after reading it for the 50th time.

"Get their just rewards" and the ever popular "Gopher Nation" Go Gophers!

When he claimed all those wins he "got" kneeling at the feet of Mack Brown on his overall record. What an assclown!

"Row The Boat"

Baby!

Um, wrong coach.

"The thing I love about football is that it's real, and it's raw. Sometimes it's real raw"

That one was always pretty funny, and now Brew Force one on leasing the helicopter. I liked the Brew, he couldn't coach in game for Sh!t but he was entertaining.

Seeing Brew get in Brew Force one and the helicopter stunt from Eden Prairie to Cretin Derham Hall for Seantrel Henderson, now that brings back memory's

Share your favorite "Brewsterism" or iconic statements

This thread is the best necro I've seen in a forum in a loooooooong time. [emoji1316]

Not a quote, but I liked walking into the locker room at TCF and seeing the pot of Rose Bowl grass

This isn't a Brewster one but I'll never forget "geezo beezos" from the Air-Wacker days.

The one that sticks out from Brewster was something like "you guys gotta be ballers."

I was always fond of Brew referring to his Special Teams as our "SPECIAL FORCES"!

"Our "SPECIAL FORCES PLAYER OF THE WEEK" is Hayo Carpenter outta the College of the Canyons! Real fine job of................oh, wait...........nevermind."

Whatever happened to the pot of Rose bowl turf grass, did they plant it or just let it die?
He is still nurturing it at home, cuts it with small detail scissors and has a small grow lab to keep it alive.

Top Bottom