Hypothetical Question on the state of Gopher Football

LongOpherDo

Reaction score
No intensions in this thread of putting people in the 'fire' or 'keep' Brewster buckets. It's been already done plenty on the various boards. My question is this: Has the way this season unfolded and your expectations of the remainder of 2010 changed your opinion on what damage would be greater - keeping Brew after a bad season (however you define it) or another regime change?

I can see many reasons for both sides and curious what the board thinks based on how things are looking.

Again, purely a hypothetical based on your crystal ball for 2010.

No intensions in this thread of putting people in the 'fire' or 'keep' Brewster buckets. It's been already done plenty on the various boards. My question is this: Has the way this season unfolded and your expectations of the remainder of 2010 changed your opinion on what damage would be greater - keeping Brew after a bad season (however you define it) or another regime change?

I can see many reasons for both sides and curious what the board thinks based on how things are looking.

Again, purely a hypothetical based on your crystal ball for 2010.

Yes.

Through three games I expected two wins and one loss, instead of one win and two losses. If the Gophers had had Theret for the South Dakota game I'm certain they would have won decisively.

So no, I haven't changed my opinion from before the start of the season. I'm still watching and waiting to see how the rest of the season turns out.

Yes it has. I honestly thought his recruiting 'prowess' would overcome his shortcomings as a coach. I don't think the program is in a shambles, but it's clear Brewster doesn't have what it takes to coach at this level.

Brewster is a good person, the best recruiter we've had in a long time & very motivational...

However, he is just not that good of a coach...

Through three games I expected two wins and one loss, instead of one win and two losses. If the Gophers had had Theret for the South Dakota game I'm certain they would have won decisively.

So no, I haven't changed my opinion from before the start of the season. I'm still watching and waiting to see how the rest of the season turns out.

I wouldn't cite Theret specifically, but these are basically my thoughts. The USD loss was horrible, but I thought the team played much better last week. Tonight is big in regard to an indication of which direction this team is headed. I predict a convincing win, with improved play all the way around.

No, it's not what I thought I'd see.

1.) South Dakota was by far a worse performance than I expected.
2.) USC was a better outcome than I expected.

That said, I don't know what to expect from here on out--- This team could win 8 games or win 3.

I'm still behind Brewster as of right now. If we lose tonight, I'm still going to root for the team, which by default means I'm still behind Brewster. But, if we lose tonight, I lose all hope for Brewster being able to turn things around.

I predicted we would be 4-1 going into Madison. I predicted a 6-6 season. 6-6 to me would equal more time for Brewster-no doubt about it. 6-6 is about 4 more wins than most of the "experts" predicted. Anything less than 6 wins, and I have no problem replacing the coaching staff. 5-7 is the record that worries me.

This year has always been about turning the corner. If it happens he stays, if it doesn't he goes. Nothing has changed. The only thing we know is that we haven't turned the corner yet.

Brew has made many unwise coaching decisions, too many to look past. Program is way below where it should be. I think Frank Solich should be a coach of interest. He has experience, recruiting connections, and a history of making good game decisions. Maybe Brewster can have Maturi's job? His pep and talk would do well in that position.

I think the future looks bleak in terms of W's regardless of whether Brewster stays or not. That said, I think it's better he leaves, since a new coach should have a higher ceiling.

Top Bottom