Weber to the fans

He won't have to worry about the fans booing for long, since there won't be any there anyway he needs to sit on the bench for awhile

I was trying to decided whether it was directed towards us or his annoyance of the receivers...a few players later after Laird didn't cut the route up field and made weber look bad again he made the same motion but more towards the sideline...I bet it was directed at his bad throw/ wrong route

Doogie:

4th quarter when he hit the SD defender in the back. I didn't see him say FU, but from section 135, he CLEARLY turned around and gave an exasperated reference to the student section. It struck me as un-professional. Clearly he let the fans get to him.

after he hits the guy in the back, the student section boos, and he turns around throws his hands up in like a what are you doin kinda way and that is when it was heard, not just by me, but by all the fans around us too.

Thanks. Just saw... frame-by-frame in Final Cut Pro on our Apple... while it looks like he was upset, and maybe I can't read lips, but I can't for sure see him saying (bleep).

Doogie are you going to do a Gopher post game on KSTP? Your postgame on the FAN was awesome - you actually know what you're talking about!

You're right conan, I am not Drinon:) After he housed one in '92 against northwestern he instantly became my favorite gopher. I was about 10 years old lol

Doogie are you going to do a Gopher post game on KSTP? Your postgame on the FAN was awesome - you actually know what you're talking about!

He did at 4:15 today and it was awesome. I really hope it can be podcasted. Best open I've heard in a long time.

Thanks. Just saw... frame-by-frame in Final Cut Pro on our Apple... while it looks like he was upset, and maybe I can't read lips, but I can't for sure see him saying (bleep).

This is not the time for being rational, Doogs. GopherHolers need to vent about everything. And judging from their posts this might have been one of the worst things that happened on the field today.

Good, I'm glad Weber finally told everyone off. I would have done the exact same thing. I guess I'm having a problem with the throw in the back problem.....would you boo a QB that has a pass batted down? Nope. So if a reciever doesn't make ANY attempt at coming back for a ball (which would have possibly led to a defensive pass interference call) I don't see where this is even close to an issue. How about Gray getting nailed in the helmet with a pass from Weber? How about our TE missing a 35 yard pass for a TE in the 1st quarter? This game was NOT Weber.......all defense. For you trolls, go back to your Viking board.

All throughout the student section, all I can hear is "play Gray." I think it'd be worse if that was the case as Gray is a spread QB, not a pro set QB

This is not the time for being rational, Doogs. GopherHolers need to vent about everything. And judging from their posts this might have been one of the worst things that happened on the field today.

Please, the message board was the exact same way last week and we won.

Anybody else catch Weber looking up at the student section and saying F You after they started booing late in the game. It was right after Weber hit one of the SD cornerbacks right in the back. Pretty comical.

Weber needs to stop trying to play football. Weber needed to stop trying to play football a long time ago. His rah-rah attitude is nothing but B.S. to keep a starting job he does not deserve. Of course, it is the coaching staff's fault for playing him...

Not commenting on Weber's alleged "F" statement.

However, on several of the questionable passes Weber turned immediately to the bench on what looked like complaining about the receivers not following their routes.

This has been a problem with the non-Decker receiving corps for a couple of years.

I don't think this was the issue with the "pass in the back play" but it's a problem.
!

This is why Weber should be benched if not kicked off the team. He is always blaming others and not himself. It's the receivers who didn't run the right routes and couldn't possibly be the throw. :rolleyes:

Good, I'm glad Weber finally told everyone off. I would have done the exact same thing. I guess I'm having a problem with the throw in the back problem.....would you boo a QB that has a pass batted down? Nope. So if a reciever doesn't make ANY attempt at coming back for a ball (which would have possibly led to a defensive pass interference call) I don't see where this is even close to an issue. How about Gray getting nailed in the helmet with a pass from Weber? How about our TE missing a 35 yard pass for a TE in the 1st quarter? This game was NOT Weber.......all defense. For you trolls, go back to your Viking board.

It IS about Weber and the Defense and the lack of preparedness and the poor recruiting follow through of the last two years. I sat through Smokey Joe getting his (you know what) handed to him by both Nebraska and Illinois in 1983 in that (you know what) Dome. Nebraska is going to be a regular opponent starting next year and I don't want to be staring at 84 - 14 losses anymore. Brewster is not good enough to get us to be respectable against top tier teams (Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State) and the pressure will only increase with Nebraska on the schedule every year.

We need coaches who retain recruits and an AD who fuels high octane recruiting, not what we have now.

Weber is a spoiled brat that has never been told he wasn't good enough ,let alone booed maybe a stint in the Marines would teach him some manners the U should keep him out of one game if the had any balls for his actions..

By utilizing a Running Game that keeps a horrible Defense on the field...sounds familiar right?

Same sh1t...Different toilet...

So, it's Weber's fault and not the defenses that we let USD put up 41 points on us?

Ok, gotcha. Y'know for awhile there I was agreeing with you on Brewster and his whole era.. But with the gems you posted in this thread, I'm gonna have to strip you of any credibility I thought you had.

So, it's Weber's fault and not the defenses that we let USD put up 41 points on us?

Ok, gotcha. Y'know for awhile there I was agreeing with you on Brewster and his whole era.. But with the gems you posted in this thread, I'm gonna have to strip you of any credibility I thought you had.

Oh no...how will I be able to ever go on with Formo's Approval of Credibility?

Loved the passion, pretty much what I felt as soon as I left the Bank. Your old coworkers down the dial sounded similar after the game. I think we need that kind of passion right now. PMac might be a symptom of what is wrong though, he basically admitted giving up on the Gophers a few years ago. That is the apathy that the U needs to fight right now.

Weber is a spoiled brat that has never been told he wasn't good enough ,let alone booed
He's been told he's not good enough repeatedly the past few years and has been booed plenty. I'm sorry if the naughty word said in frustration was damaging to you.
maybe a stint in the Marines would teach him some manners
Or would dehumanize him and teach him misogyny, homophobia and xenophobia.

This is why Weber should be benched if not kicked off the team. He is always blaming others and not himself. It's the receivers who didn't run the right routes and couldn't possibly be the throw. :rolleyes:

You are the biggest idiot ever on this board.

So you agree that Weber needs to ride the pine?

No, I like your idea of kicking him off of the team for blaming everyone else for our problems.

Just give up as this message board thing isn't for you.

No, I like your idea of kicking him off of the team for blaming everyone else for our problems.

Just give up as this message board thing isn't for you.

Why? Because I have a different opinion than yours? Because I am not blindly supporting a team that has been an embarrassment to the school and state for the last fifty years? I want this program to turn around, but I refuse to fall in lockstep with the rose colored glasses perspectives.

Top Bottom