Insight Bowl vs Kansas/ Nebraska

Goldmember

Reaction score
The famously passive agressive media and fanbase have been talking all about the Motor City Bowl. I think has always been a sense that, in certain years, the Gophers deserve to spend Christmas in Detroit -- sort of like a punishment for falling-off at the end of the season.

But I have spent some time looking at scenarios. I can come up with no scenario that would put the Gophers in the Motor City Bowl.

I belive the only way they don't end up playing either Nebraska or Kansas in the Insight Bowl at this point is if the BCS committee makes a rule-change. Any change would specifically take Ohio State out of a BCS game and into the Capital One Bowl. With OSU solidly at #10 there are too many rules in place that assure OSU has clinched, regardless of what happens the next two Saturdays.

Boise State and Utah can't BOTH play in a BCS game
Three Big 12 teams can't play in a BCS game
Three SEC teams can't play in a BCS game

false. Boise will go as they have in the past-see Fiesta win versus OK and USC will go sugar. Putting Ohio State in Capital one.

I agree. I think OSU only makes the BCS of Oregon State loses the Civil War Next week. Otherwise your 4 at-large bids will be USC, Big 12 #2, SEC #2 and either Boise or Ball State.

Even if Boise is left out, still scenarios.

Orange Bowl-ACC Champ-Va tech or Fla State
-Big East champ -Cincinnati

Rose Bowl- Big ten Champ-Penn State
-Pac ten champ-Oregon State

Sugar Bowl-SEC champ runner-up, my guess Alabama
-At-Large-USC

Fiesta Bowl-Big 12 runner-up-Texas
-At Large-Utah

BCS Championshup-Florida
-Oklahoma

NO Ohio state!

I overlooked the possability of 2 Pac-Ten teams getting in.

Looks like the only way the Gophers avoid Detroit is if Oregon State loses to Oregon or USC loses to UCLA (they will obviously beat ND).

Top Bottom