BN: Tony Dungy retires from Colts

The Big L

Reaction score
Sportscenter just announced that Tony Dungy has retired from coaching the Colts.

What are the chances we could see him on a Minnesota sideline sometime in the future?

I had a feeling this was going to be the case. I don't think he will be back coaching anytime soon. He just seems like the kind of guy who can walk away without ever getting the urge to get back in.

He is great coach but I could not imagine wanting to do the grind of travel that is required with recruiting after being away from it for so many years.

He has said in the past that he has no interest in coaching college

I think the chances of this are so minuscule but that would sure be one hell of a killer selection

knockout-punch.jpg

I don't think there is a chance he'll come here. When he was with the vikigns, his wife hated it here. I think she and the younger kids still live in Tampa, and Tony flew down there from Indianapolis at least one day a week to be with them.

When asked about coaching college football after leaving Tampa Bay, I seem to recall him saying something to the effect that he didn't want the success of his career to be determined by the decisions of teenagers. He's got a point.

Top Bottom