Cordian Hagans transferring to Minnesota

Wow, interesting. Looks like he had quite a few offers out of high school but fell in the depth chart. I noticed he's from the same high school as Ralph Sampson III.

In any event, welcome to the U Cordian!

Cordian redshirted for LSU in 2008, so he should have 2 years of eligibility left. On the LSU site, his height is listed at 6'5" and weight at 287 (his high school weight was 300). His speed on Rivals is 4.9. LSU tried him on both the defensive and offensive lines.

Listed as a 6'5" 287# Soph. From the LSU site:

Talented redshirt freshman who goes into the 2009 in position to contribute on the defensive line ... Still learning the game of football as he didn’t begin playing the sport until his junior year in high school ... Has tremendous upside ... Versatile player who could play on either side of the football ... Has an outstanding work ethic.

FRESHMAN SEASON (2008)
Redshirted as a true freshman for the Tigers in 2008.

HIGH SCHOOL
Considered one of the top defensive line prospects in the state of Georgia ... A former basketball player who did not begin playing football until his junior season in high school ... Started on both sides of the football as a senior ... Member of the PrepStar All-Southeast Region Team ... Finished his senior season with 58 tackles (nine for losses), six sacks and four batted balls ... Racked up 56 tackles and three sacks as a junior ... Coached by Don Savage.

I'd take a chance on him.

BTW, currently number on the depth chart at OG.

Welcome aboard!

Sounds like nothing but upside. Coach him up! And welcome to Minnesota!

I thought you just had to sit out the year when you transfer and that you don't actual lose a year of eligibility?

2008: Redshirt
2009: Active - Fresh
2010: Transfer Year
2011: Sophmore?

Let me know if I'm wrong.

I thought you just had to sit out the year when you transfer and that you don't actual lose a year of eligibility?

2008: Redshirt
2009: Active - Fresh
2010: Transfer Year
2011: Sophmore?

Let me know if I'm wrong.

That's just if you haven't used your redshirt year yet.

The kid´s from the same school as RS3 and X Brandon (Yes they´re friends) and didn´t start playing football until his Junior year of High School. Lot´s of upside, but he´s a project (As most DT´s are.) We have a gaping hole behind Edwards-Kirksey and this helps address that. Solid transfer pickup imo.

That's just if you haven't used your redshirt year yet.

He'll be a Soph when he is eligible in 2011. His clock won't be ticking just because he took his redshirt year. With three years of eligibility left, this will be a good get for the Gophers.

He'll be a Soph when he is eligible in 2011. His clock won't be ticking just because he took his redshirt year. With three years of eligibility left, this will be a good get for the Gophers.

He'll definitely be a junior. You only get five years to play four.

I thought you had six years to play four - or is that only for medical redshirts?

Medical RS aren't automatic either. You have to petition the NCAA.

This kid will have 2 years of eligibility left.

Well that was quite a thread

Get you all excited and then stab you in the heart. Typical gopher football for fifty years.

Top Bottom