Hey CCO, here's a clue

husker70

Reaction score
Be it Steve Thompson on the Scoreboard, or Mike Grim with the pregame man they struggle with bumper music for lead ins and segues. Here it is boys, straight from the U of M. Maybe 30 seconds, but you can fade it down if necessary.

http://www.music.umn.edu/marchingband/songs/GGV.mp3

Had the Are You Ready disc in the car, and came in and had to find it on the net.

Sunday show

I have been away on Sundays for the past month or so. I'm sorry if this has been covered but has anyone ever called into the Sunday morning Sid/Dave show on CCO and specifically asked Mona whether there are any plans to change out the play by play guy for Gopher football. I've been meaning to do that but just have not been around. My sense is Mona would agree if you listen to all the times Mona needs to correct Lee during the broadcasts. Somehow we need a better play by play man in the booth on gane day. I'v allways thought Wally Shaver would be great. My favorite is still when the Gophers were playing Penn State and Lee's call would continue to refer to the "Buckeyes".

I have been away on Sundays for the past month or so. I'm sorry if this has been covered but has anyone ever called into the Sunday morning Sid/Dave show on CCO and specifically asked Mona whether there are any plans to change out the play by play guy for Gopher football. I've been meaning to do that but just have not been around. My sense is Mona would agree if you listen to all the times Mona needs to correct Lee during the broadcasts. Somehow we need a better play by play man in the booth on gane day. I'v allways thought Wally Shaver would be great. My favorite is still when the Gophers were playing Penn State and Lee's call would continue to refer to the "Buckeyes".

I've always thought that Dave Lee was a great play by play guy.........if he was announcing high school football. He is out of his league. He is doing the best he can, but the powers that be need to wake up. To quote Glen Mason....."B R U T A L"

its just about that time,

When Greg Gerlach announces how proud they are to have Dave Lee back for another year. This is a Learfield decison but they take input from someone in the Athletic Department. I have emailed Greg every year, he has forwarded my email to Tom Wistrcill. And I get the we thank you for you email and well documented problems with the broadcast, and will take them into account when considering their choice. And just like clockwork the next week a story in the Star Trib about Dave Lee being back. I just cann't do this alone.

Here are the emails:

[email protected] <[email protected]>

If he could just learn to give us some of the key information during a game, he'd be a lot better. We're often left wondering whether or not a pass was even caught, he's that vague. We often have no clue for quite some time how many yards the play gained. It's frustrating listening to a play, and you can't guess if it was an 8 yard play or a 1 yard play. We have to go off the emotions in his voice, because he doesn't present the facts.

He sounds like a good announer if you aren't paying attention. Someone covering 9-man football out in the middle nowhere may not be a good speaker, but will likely give you the essentials you need to follow a game on the radio.

When Greg Gerlach announces how proud they are to have Dave Lee back for another year. This is a Learfield decison but they take input from someone in the Athletic Department. I have emailed Greg every year, he has forwarded my email to Tom Wistrcill. And I get the we thank you for you email and well documented problems with the broadcast, and will take them into account when considering their choice. And just like clockwork the next week a story in the Star Trib about Dave Lee being back. I just cann't do this alone.

Here are the emails:

Okay, I just emailed both of them. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Here is a little perspective

If not the first, it certainly well documented was that Halsey Hall was the radio voice of The Gophers before Ray Christensen. Halsey for those who remember him on Twins broadcasts had a voice aged with cigars and wiskey. It is said he orginated the Holly Cow! But one of the best from Halsey was from a Battle for the Little Brown Jug. It went something like this. Well fans the Gophers are on the field. And here comes Michigan in their blue jerseys and maize pants. I doubt they asked Mae about using them.

Dave Lee is not inguienous, no sense of poking fun at the opponent, no sense of humor.

Top Bottom