Volleyball vs Texas

MinnMarchDTF

Musical Magician
Reaction score
Went to the spring period volleyball game against Texas this evening. Gophers won 3-1. It was quite satisfying to beat a team that beat us 3-0 in the nat'l semifinal last year. I think they have a chance to be real special this year.

Ashley Wittman certainly had her presence felt this evening. She was just rocketing the ball at times. She has some areas that need improving, but I think she's gonna be real special.

The rest of the team looked a bit overwhelmed in the first game, probably because they weren't used to playing such a quality opponent. But once they settled down and adjusted, they did really well. The 2nd game went into many extra points, but the Gophers took them down. Then the gophers had a huge run about 1/3 of the way through the 3rd game. The last game Texas led by 3-4 points mostly right up until they got to 24. They just couldn't put the nail in the coffin and the Gophs stormed back to win game 4. This was a real fun game to watch with superb athletes on both sides.

I'm real excited to see the Nebraska game in 2 weeks. Should be another fun game. But this game makes me very excited :clap:

I went to the game vs. Marquette. I would have liked to have gone to the Texas game, but it didn't match my 3-year old's sleep schedule. I went to the Marquette game because Goldy Gopher was going to be there. It was my daughter's first time meeting Goldy. I was worried that she was going to be scared, but she followed Goldy all over the place. I'll be signing her up for Goldy's Kids Club for next year.

Attachments

• FILE0036.jpg
    FILE0036.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 28
  • FILE0032.jpg
    FILE0032.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 22

Top Bottom