KFAN radio will talk gopher football shortly

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
Kfan is going to have a guy from gopherillustrated shortly and will be talking gopher football

this is during the 1:00 hour (central)

as of 1:09 they have not started yet

Some expert, he didn't know that Ronnie Lee was on the field the last 1/2 of the season instead of the coaches box.

Disclaimer: All this is from Matt from GI, not all fact some opinion/rumor

OC Talk
*All signs point to Heufel being offered the job
*Not first choice, likely was Applewhite
*Young guy, but a good time to take a gamble by Brewster
*Spread won't be completely abandoned, but there will likely be more 2 TE sets and power running.

DC Talk
*Cosgrove is known as good recruiter
*His D's not known for being as aggressive as Roof's was last season
*Co-coords to keep some continuity in the scheme
*Cosgrove likely making calls in game, Lee in the press box
*Not sure why only a one year contract, but it's not unheard of.

Recruiting Talk

*All recruits that Matt has talked to are still on board
*Carpenter might waver a little, but he doubts it. Says most committed recruits are connected strongest to Brewster rather than an assistant

Next Year Talk
*Weber will start
*Gray or Alipate top backup, either could take the role.
*Matt thinks that the Gophers will be in a better bowl next year and fight for a new year's/major bowl in the next years, as long as the recruiting talent pans out.

It could be saving face but I heard Applewhite wasn't offered job and was down on the list and that Heupel has been the guy for awhile, they just wanted to wait until after the bowl game. Not sure I totally believe the Applewhite part but that is what the spin is. No doubt the #1 guy was Chaney.

KFAN?

Oh that 5 watt station in the Twin Cities that doesn't radiate much beyond Excelsior? That station? I can pull in the Minneapolis School Jazz station but KFAN, do they really exist?

Oh that 5 watt station in the Twin Cities that doesn't radiate much beyond Excelsior? That station? I can pull in the Minneapolis School Jazz station but KFAN, do they really exist?

On my drives to and from MN, I'm able to get KFAN well into northern Iowa.

I can get

670 The Score out of Chicago, 660 The Bear out of Saint Cloud, WLS 890 out of Chicago. After sun down KFAN does not exist.

Top Bottom