Traye to declare for NFL draft?

unfortunately big play was sometimes making big plays for the other team;)

of course he is a great cover corner, but with that comes a lot of trying to jump routs and cheat and that means getting beat big.

At the end of the season when our DB's got beat deep by Wisconsin, Iowa and Kansas it was more often than not Sherels that got burned. Theret had the two against KU and Simmons did get beat by Wisconsin but he still made the tackle on the play.

If Big Play was actually leaving for the draft this year, everyone on this board would be upset about losing him and some people would be in crisis mode. Not sure where all the hate is coming from about our best corner...

The only reason I could see this happening is academics. I had a friend who had a class with him this last semester. Rarely showed up and entirely skipped the final presentation for the class (he was part of my friends group and basically told her outright not to count on him for preparing or giving the final presentation). This could be why he wasn't allowed to start the bowl game. Also may be why he may be on the way out.

Yea right like BPT would ever do something like that.:)

lol at all you uninformed goofballs claiming BPT has 0 shot at the NFL. He has the height and speed the NFL loves and had some great coverage many times last year. He gave up a few plays but usually locked up on the fastest WR and don't forget that we still had an average at best pass rush and an entirely new secondary which makes communication difficult. He was essentially a rookie against D1 comp and made second team All conference which is pretty good to me. His biggest set back is a lack of strength right now but hopefully an off season in a B10 conditioning program can help that. Kid has a lot of ability and while he probably won't be a 1st or 2nd rounder he could be a solid mid round (3-5) pick

Umm, i don't think anyone said he wouldn't have a shot at the NFL. Several people, myself included doubt seriously based on his one year here that he would be a first round draftee. Big difference.

I hope he comes back and plays. He needs another season of college football to develop and will more than likely reap the benefits of further maturity and experience heading to the NFL.

I wish him nothing but luck and appreciate that he was an upgrade for us, but he has not shown himself to be first or second round material at this point.

Umm, i don't think anyone said he wouldn't have a shot at the NFL. Several people, myself included doubt seriously based on his one year here that he would be a first round draftee. Big difference.

Not to be disagreeable but:
-'You mean #15? I about gagged on my coffee when I read this. He is nowhere ready for the NFL.'
-'BPT and I would have something in common We both will go undrafted in the 2009 NFL draft. '
-'Traye was a step up from the last Gopher corner to wear #15, but that's not saying much.'
-'BPT will play as many games in the NFL as I did.
ZERO
He must have the same advisor as Rick Rickert.
Memo to BPT: Get your degree son....you will need it. '

Those are all quotes from this thread. Nobody said 'BPT has no shot at the NFL', but those statements pretty much imply that thought.

I wish him nothing but luck and appreciate that he was an upgrade for us, but he has not shown himself to be first or second round material at this point.

If you read my quote I said the exact same thing:
'Kid has a lot of ability and while he probably won't be a 1st or 2nd rounder he could be a solid mid round (3-5) pick'

Thanks for your time

Top Bottom