Charlie Strong

a mistake we did not hire him?

I'll still take Brew. We need the talent he is bringing in.

are you saying Charlie Strong can't recruit? he can certainly coach, which Brewster still gets an incomplete on after 2 years.

Ehhh, Charlie Strong might be head coaching material, but if he was a lock for head coaching success he would have that job right now.

Charlie Strong would have been a good choice also, I am just happy with Brew because we needed a breath of enthusiasm in this program after much stagnancy and I think recruiting is the name of the game in college football. Talent wins more often than not.

Ehhh, Charlie Strong might be head coaching material, but if he was a lock for head coaching success he would have that job right now.

I agree. Not to take anything away from Coach Strong, but if he were the answer to everyone's problems he would have a HC job right now.

I agree. Not to take anything away from Coach Strong, but if he were the answer to everyone's problems he would have a HC job right now.
+1

Hasnt he been on most folks short list for like 2/3 seasons? He still hasnt gotten a job. Some of that may be him interviewing then backing out, some maybe him interviewing and the schools not offering, but he has been in the on-deck-circle for a few seasons so I am not super concerned the Gophers missed a "rising star"

Top Bottom