Bryant Allen

march madness

Reaction score
His ball handling looked pretty shaky last night. Maybe it was nerves. People calling him to be our point, as a part timer after football, doesnt sound to great to me. He could be one of those energy bunnies off the bench i guess, Townsed Orr?

His ball handling looked pretty shaky last night. Maybe it was nerves. People calling him to be our point, as a part timer after football, doesnt sound to great to me. He could be one of those energy bunnies off the bench i guess, Townsed Orr?

It's hard to say considering his minutes. But I like this- he looks like a good team guy. He's always smiling out there and the guys seem to like him. That's good for the team.

I agree on the attitude its great. I just remember a few articles on here, saying Tubby needed to play him more, quoting his high school numbers.

At this point, Allen is a GREAT true freshman walk-on. Will he be anything more? I don't know but there is a reason he has a BCS scholarship in football and not basketball.

At this point, Allen is a GREAT true freshman walk-on. Will he be anything more? I don't know but there is a reason he has a BCS scholarship in football and not basketball.

Tubby had a Walk-on named Ravi Moss (I believe, FOT help me with spelling). He was fantastic toward the end of his career. He even was granted a scholarship. We just need to give Allen some time. He will be great in 2 years.

I agree on the attitude its great. I just remember a few articles on here, saying Tubby needed to play him more, quoting his high school numbers.

There was a time three weeks or so back after Nolen departed where it looked like we may have needed to play him more becasue the point play was so shakey. Now Joseph has found his sea legs so that is no longer an issue. He was an incredible three point shooter in HS.

An extra body in practice is always a good thing, especially if the player is a hard worker. I can only guess about Allen's work ethic, not seeing practice, but from I remember being impressed reading articles in St. Louis papers, not just buy his athletic ability but his dedication/character.

His attitude seems great. He doesn't seem too concerned about his minutes, more about the team. Bga is right, having a guy that the team all seems to like at the end of the bench can only help, especially when that guy seems passionate about the team. And of course, he isn't costing us a scholarship. His high school days tell us he is talented, and if that talented ends up amounting to zip, we still ended up with a guy on the bench contributing some small positive things at no cost.

Also, from the little we've seen from him, it looks like he can make 3-pointers. There's a place for a guy like that as an 11th or 12th guy on a team like ours....

I thought Allen looked shaky as well. Joseph was a stud though.

Bryant is an Athlete

Bryant is an athlete. He would probably do well at most any sport he chose to play. If you watch his HS BB video, he is a very versatile player who can shoot, handle the ball, go left/right, create his own shot, deliver assists, play some D...just a player. When he is confident and in rhythm, he can get it going. The challenges he has coming into a B10 game cold are no rhythm of the game and no longer the star of the team dictating that rhythm, better competition than he has ever experienced playing against, his weaknesses are exposed against that better competition, he doesn't know Tubbyball all that well yet, and he is on the big D1 stage. Considering all that, he looks pretty good out there. If he were a BBer full time, he would be better than Cobbs, in my opinion. He is just an overall better athlete with a great coachable attitude.

Top Bottom