Westbrook

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
I liked how agressive he was on D. He put forth a very good effort putting pressure on Battle. Sure Battle was dinged up and hurting but LW did his part.

Feeling Sorry

Everybody feels sorry for Purdue(Hummel) Penn State (Battle's ankle) . Nobody feels
sorry for MINNESOTA( Nolan). It looks like the Gophers get no RESPECT at all from everyone.
D J got blanked from the defensive team , looks like the coaches have no RESPECT for
the Gophers either. They must think TUBBY is overrated or something.

Everybody feels sorry for Purdue(Hummel) Penn State (Battle's ankle) . Nobody feels
sorry for MINNESOTA( Nolan). It looks like the Gophers get no RESPECT at all from everyone.
D J got blanked from the defensive team , looks like the coaches have no RESPECT for

Your last sentence makes no sense.

They maybe don't feel bad for Minnesota because unlike Purdue and Penn St our loss was preventable. If Nolan held up his part of being a student-athlete, we wouldn't be missing him. I don't feel bad for the Gophers for losing Nolan and I love the Gophers. I do feel bad for Purdue and Penn St because their losses were accidents and injuries. How many times has Hummel drove the lane and not tore his knee apart? How many basketball players have twisted an ankle?

Westbrook has defended the best perimeter shooter in the last few games. No doubt by default but let's give him credit for a decent job. He did a good job of turning Battle last night. He is paying more attention to the defense and perhaps takes pride in the challenge. He is also playing better with-in the team. I think that is part of the overall improvement of the half-court offense which in earlier times drew the ire of many posters. I haven't read about how much the half-court offense has improved. Can we hear a cheer here?

ulmer

Lack of respect,ya think? Other than some commentary on how D.J. got screwed the rest of the game was leaning toward how lucky the Gophers were that Battle was hurt. Westbrooks D never got any cred and from what I saw Battle did`nt look that dinged up. If our bigs can keep it going and DJ keeps up his intensity, I`m thinking theres a chance. Go Gophers

Another stupid post. The reason that we don't hear anything about Nolan is because Gophers are the deepest team in Big10. Al's departure should have not had that much impact. But unfortunately, it did.

Westbrook has been considerably better on offense lately also. He is not scoring as much, which is fine because he is also not forcing as many bad shot and moving the ball better. The way he is playing right now is 10X more helpful than when he was scoring 15-20 a game. Our offense has been pretty darn good the last few games actually.

100% agree on Westy, his scoring is down, but he is helping the team immensly.

lets hope he keeps up the D and locks down Lucas.
scoring is coming in bunches from others.

It's hard to like Westbrook with his narcissistic personality, but he is one hell of a ball player.

Top Bottom