ASU down early

akoch6767

Reaction score
Yes i know it's early in the ball game and all...Score is 29-28, but I think that if ASU were to lose that would be the biggest impact for us. That would more than likely burst their bubble...also making it another lost bid for a power conference. The commitee would have to replace ASU(last 4 in) with some other team from a power conference wouldn't they? I know some of you say that the commitee doesn't have to chose any team from a power conference, but seeing as the gophers are now competing again and looking sharp; maybe they could consider us a bit more for a final spot.

If I see right, ASU has 22 wins right now and went 12-6 in their conference. Granted, the Pac-10 is not a powerhouse this year, but 12-6 in a major conference still means that they won 2/3 of their conference games. Pretty good. I would guess that they still get in even if they lose.

If I see right, ASU has 22 wins right now and went 12-6 in their conference. Granted, the Pac-10 is not a powerhouse this year, but 12-6 in a major conference still means that they won 2/3 of their conference games. Pretty good.
Pac-10 conference is the worst it's been in 25 years. Even the analysts say that it's the weakest big conference in memory.

SOS of 76 is aweful...they remind me of PSU last season(major conference). I would think with our SOS of 55 and an RPI near 70 now, that we'd have a better chance if they lose, even with 19 wins. Beating MSU guarentees us a spot in the tourney I think though.

If I see right, ASU has 22 wins right now and went 12-6 in their conference. Granted, the Pac-10 is not a powerhouse this year, but 12-6 in a major conference still means that they won 2/3 of their conference games. Pretty good. I would guess that they still get in even if they lose.

Nope. If they lose to a horrible Stanford team, they are most likely done.

BTW, ASU down 12 with 12 minutes to go. You almost couldn't ask this day to go much better for us. If only Colorado State coulda pulled it out.

ASU down 15 with 12 minutes left. Looking good... Honestly I can't believe we're in position to possibly go to the Dance. What a year.

Nope. If they lose to a horrible Stanford team, they are most likely done.

BTW, ASU down 12 with 12 minutes to go. You almost couldn't ask this day to go much better for us. If only Colorado State coulda pulled it out.

I know! Oh well, it was still a much much better day for us than I could have ever expected.

ASU trails by 13 with 4 to go...not looking good for them

bubble-pic-barcroft-126572915.jpg

I have a hard time believing they will leave the Pac 10 with one bid. There is still politics involved here. No major conference has ever gotten only one bid. I'll believe it when I see it.

Lockett finished with 5 fouls, 0 points. Nice night.

Dominoes falling our way. C'mon kids, beat MSU.

I have a hard time believing they will leave the Pac 10 with one bid. There is still politics involved here. No major conference has ever gotten only one bid. I'll believe it when I see it.

Cal and washington? maybe washington.

Cal and washington? maybe washington.

Probably. I felt that whoever advanced further between ASU and Washington would get in. If Washington loses tonight MAYBE they'll only let in Cal.

Hopefully for our sake you are correct sir. I think washington has a decent chance just because they have a solid rpi and sos and they are in a power conference....traditionally.

Now if Obama can beat Washington and Utah can beat UNLV it will cap the night.

Top Bottom