Lickliter Fired?

Gold Vision

Reaction score
Lots of rumors are circling about Lickliter being fired. He's with the team in Indy, but there is a lot of speculation in the media and message boards. Damn, I loved the Lickliter era.

Link

Lots of rumors are circling about Lickliter being fired. He's with the team in Indy, but there is a lot of speculation in the media and message boards. Damn, I loved the Lickliter era.

Link

Me too. Probably about how Iowa fans feel about the Brewster era.

I think Lickliter has a year left to turn things around. If they don't then he is gone. By then he needs to get his system going if not well then you aren't doing your job as a coach.

I also think Ed DeChileis saved his job with the decent run the Nittany Lions made at the end of the B10 season.

Me too. Probably about how Iowa fans feel about the Brewster era.

Ehh...Brewster is a lot closer to Bielien than he is to Lickliter.

But I couldn't imagine that Iowa would fire Lick and risk losing Little Lick :).

Just a quick thought. If this were to happen this year, who would I realistically expect to get as the next coach?

I really cant think of the direction they would go...

Funny post, but obviously not true. I think some other players are considering it, though.

Serves me right for not reading it fully as I skimmed my way around their site. The lack of a link should have been a big giveaway. Damn you BHGP!!! :)

This would be particularly good news if Tubby ends up at Oregon. Then Maturi could hire Lickliter.

Lickliter is Maturi's kind of guy.

Oh and YES!!! We then might get Little Lick too!

This would be particularly good news if Tubby ends up at Oregon. Then Maturi could hire Lickliter.

Lickliter is Maturi's kind of guy.

That could also solve our point guard problems with the addition of Little Lik !!

:D

I've heard Fuller is leaving Iowa and he's been one of there best players.

Keno Davis out at providence is a name thrown around alot for the Iowa job but he's not exactly setting the world on fire, could try to grab Jacobson at UNI but with how bad McDermidt has done at Iowa St not sure how popilar that would be, Dana altman I'm sure is another dream choice but he's never leaving. maybe a big name coach like Tubby could fall into there laps but not likely, would they go for another mid major flavor of the month after getting burned or decide to try an up and coming assistant coach.

I've heard Fuller is leaving Iowa and he's been one of there best players.

Keno Davis out at providence is a name thrown around alot for the Iowa job but he's not exactly setting the world on fire, could try to grab Jacobson at UNI but with how bad McDermidt has done at Iowa St not sure how popilar that would be, Dana altman I'm sure is another dream choice but he's never leaving. maybe a big name coach like Tubby could fall into there laps but not likely, would they go for another mid major flavor of the month after getting burned or decide to try an up and coming assistant coach.

I know it wouldn't seem smart to go back to the well you just found poisened, but any chance that would go after Stevens at Butler? Unlike Lick, I think he'll succeed at the next level, much like I think Few would even though Monson flopped.

The rumors are also there that it is because of his health issues that surfaced in December. Might just be a convenient spin on a firing. Who knows?
FWIW, I could do without Brommer.

Why don't they go after that guy who coached New Mexico to a conference championship this year?

They could throw a ton of money at Bruce Pearl

former assistant to Dr. Tom Davis

I know it wouldn't seem smart to go back to the well you just found poisened, but any chance that would go after Stevens at Butler? Unlike Lick, I think he'll succeed at the next level, much like I think Few would even though Monson flopped.

The only reason Stevens would take that job is if he thought Lickliter was a total idiot, and seeing how he worked under him for 6 years, I highly doubt that's the case.

Stranger things have happened

We got Tubby, correct?

By many accounts, Pearl liked Iowa City. And at some point, what is the difference between making $2.8 million a year and $3.7 million?

I must state for the record that I prefer the Iowa team that loses to the Gophers by 35 points:)

We got Tubby, correct?

By many accounts, Pearl liked Iowa City. And at some point, what is the difference between making $2.8 million a year and $3.7 million?

I must state for the record that I prefer the Iowa team that loses to the Gophers by 35 points:)

Anything's possible. Tubby didn't come here for the money. Tennessee's had good success recently, has a nice new arena, will let any kid who can spell his name into school, and has plenty of money. Also, outside of Kentucky, the SEC's not exactly a tough conference to win in. I don't really see where Iowa would have an advantage. But if he truly 'loves Iowa City' then sure, anything's possible.

That's correct. The NCAA doesn't void a signed LOI for a coaching change but standard practice says the player can go elsewhere. Now if a school was being really stingy about it, it is likely the NCAA would step in and allow the student-athlete out of their commitment.

next pigeye coach

how about Boise State's Graham, they're about to fire him, maybe he's got some Chris Peterson mojo (somewhere)...

Top Bottom