Who's going to Indianapolis?!

Gdizzle

Reaction score
I will be driving there tomorrow. I believe the official Gopher restaurant is the Alcatraz Brewing Co. I don't think I've ever been there. Anyone have any thoughts on the place?

Also, does anyone know of any fan events happening?

Not going to Indy, but just received this email.

Gopher Basketball Fans-

Thank you in advance for joining the Gophers in Indianapolis! We encourage you to join us as we cheer on the team during the game and then immediately following at Rock Bottom Brewery. The official 'Sota Social will be held on March 11th after the completion of our game.

The Rock Bottom Brewery is located at 10 Washington West, and the event will be held in the Billiards Room on the lower level of the restaurant. All fans will be entered to win great prizes including autographed items and many fans will receive a Tubbytown t-shirt!

As the Gophers continue in the tournament, additional fan events may be added throughout the weekend.

5 friends and I will be taking off late Wednesday night and driving overnight to Indy. I received an e-mail telling us where each student section will be seated for day one of the event and it looks like Minnesota will only have one row (in their student section). By comparison, Illinois had 17 rows and Purdue and Michy St. had 12-13 rows. I hope I interpreted that e-mail incorrectly and we have more fans there than I think, but it doesn't sound like too many students are going. Perhaps we'll bump into one another at the 'Sota social or Alcatraz. Safe driving!!

We Are

Holy Man and I are going, and we're bringing our dentist.

Hodger, thanks for the gathering information!!

Indy

We're driving out Wed morn with a 4 some and we'll be meeting some others once in Indy. Win or loose it's always a fun weekend. See some of you at the Social. We're (3) even going to give the Hoops 5K a try on Sun.

Looking forward to Indy. It's always a great time with good company. We are in section 12 rows 18 and 19.

The loyalists to that thing deserve a miracle. We're looking for one. Let's win four!

Will be there with tickets in Row 1, Legends 111. Anyone else in that Section 111? See you at the Rock Bottom Brewery after the Thursday night win!

It looks like Alcatraz isn't doing too hot as far as online reviews go, though I'll probably snag a burger there just because it is the designated restaurant.

If you want a great experience I recommend Fogo de Chao. It's a brazilian restaurant that serves all kinds of amazing meats of different kinds. I hit up the one in Minneapolis and it was great.

Scotty's is also REALLY good, it's Purdue's restaurant but I suppose there won't be anybody there before Friday. Get the dill chips if you go. So good.

I will be leaving West Lafayette at roughly 5:30 on Thursday should I should be there to see the Gopher's beat Penn State.

I'm flying out Thursday morning. We usually go to Buffalo Wild Wings first and head over during the second half of game 2.

We'll be flying back Sunday morning so if anyone is interested in buying our 3 tickets for the championship game please send me a private message. The seats are Section 11, Row 10.

Going Thursday night

First true roadtrip with my son sharing the driving. Getting in Friday morning. Games Friday, Big10 Network meeting Saturday morning and then games in the afternoon. Drive back through Chicago Sunday. Pizza and beef sandwiches.

Any idea on ticket prices on the street on Friday?

Just found this on the Indy Star website. It is a list of bars for each school in Indy this weekend. The Gophers are a local mircobrew called Alcatraz. Never had any of there beers but I have eaten there before good food.

We will be there as we have been the last three years. Can't wait! The BTT is a phenomenal event. We'll be at the 'Sota Social tomorrow and hope to see lots of 'holers there! My recommendations for Indianapolis include a visit to Ike & Jonesy's (a great bar).

Not going this year, but already planning next year's trip. The company I work is headquartered in Indy. A good friend of mine that just moved there is watching the Minnesota game from the company's sky box. I told him I am very jealous.

Last year we really enjoyed The Slippery Noodle on Thursday night. It is an award-winning restaurant for live blues music. We got to listen to some awesome live blues, plus virtually every drink on the menu is half-price on Thursdays =D .

Top Bottom